Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men 2 preview

Stunning! Can't wait to read what Ev and Jean are doing/discussing.
    Lorna's shield is beautiful.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Im so glad that Marvel has put its top tier artist on the flagship X-men title this era after so many runs of mediocore artwork

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Stunning! Can't wait to read what Ev and Jean are doing/discussing.
    Lorna's shield is beautiful.
    She's his vault therapist/guru I bet.

It's gotta be kinda weird with Laura on the team.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I just - I...

(crying)

This is so fucking beautiful!
    Mutant and Proud!

Love that first panel of Synch.

This is just too gorgeous. I am drooling at the idea of a hardcover already.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Just everything about Polaris and Synch just are so on point for me personally. Without any dialogue you can see lorna personality in every image it feels like. And that panel of Jean with the sun behind her almost looking like fire, ready to go into battle. i'm amped now.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-08-2021 at 04:41 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Lorna holding a cup of what I assume to be Starbucks coffee and adjusting her sunglasses mid-flight is everything.
    Last edited by Mercury; 07-08-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Love that first panel of Synch.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Just everything about Polaris and Synch just are so on point for me personally. Without any dialogue you can see lorna personality in every image it feels like. And that panel of Jean with the sun behind her almost looking like fire, ready to go into battle. i'm amped now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Lorna holding a cup of what I assume to be Starbucks coffee and adjusting her glasses mid-flight is everything.
    Yes to all. We are receiving such gifts.
    I love the glint from Scott's visor.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Larraz and Garcia
    Best art team in a long while

Man, I'm gonna need Larraz on this book for the long haul:

1. Jean and Synch in actual CLOTHES! Maybe it was just me, but I hated the fact that we never saw them outta costume on Krakoa. Clothing gives them personality and makes them more relatable. Synch is my 2nd favorite behind Cyclops and I'm so glad he's finally back and not just wallpaper like so many other resurrected mutants.
    2. Polaris with the glasses and coffee. Like, "Damn, I was really tryna chill tonight and there they go with THIS bullshit..."
    3. I keep praising Larraz, but Gracia is killin' it on the colors. He sets the mood perfectly. That Jean and Synch panel is...UGH!!!
    4. And I'm always gonna praise when Black characters look Black and are not just colored a shade of Brown with no African features. Synch looks black and even the hint of what he's wearing in that panel with Jean speaks to a younger Black guy.
    5. Wishful thinking, but now that the X-Men are in New York, I need Synch to meet Miles Morales.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post

1. Jean and Synch in actual CLOTHES! Maybe it was just me, but I hated the fact that we never saw them outta costume on Krakoa. Clothing gives them personality and makes them more relatable. Synch is my 2nd favorite behind Cyclops and I'm so glad he's finally back and not just wallpaper like so many other resurrected mutants.
    2. Polaris with the glasses and coffee. Like, "Damn, I was really tryna chill tonight and there they go with THIS bullshit..."
    3. I keep praising Larraz, but Gracia is killin' it on the colors. He sets the mood perfectly. That Jean and Synch panel is...UGH!!!
    4. And I'm always gonna praise when Black characters look Black and are not just colored a shade of Brown with no African features. Synch looks black and even the hint of what he's wearing in that panel with Jean speaks to a younger Black guy.
    5. Wishful thinking, but now that the X-Men are in New York, I need Synch to meet Miles Morales.
    Yoooo....fam! That would be amazing if Duggan makes that happen. Everett has already had interaction with main Spiderman, too see him with a culturally adjacent Spiderman....I would be done! With the panel of Synch and Jean I do wonder if she is going over the ins and outs of being a telepath/telekinetic, or possibly helping sort out the trauma of being in The Vault, maybe including residual emotional imprint from the relationship with Laura?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post

Not at all, good fellow poster. I'd also love to see Synch team up with Miles Morales, given that back in the Generation X days, he (and the rest of that team) worked with the Peter Parker version of Spider-Man on a few occasions. Would be interesting to see how they synch up, so to speak. In that vein, given how close Spider-Man and the X-Men used to be as allies due to how feared and hated they both were by the general human public and authorities, as well as even distrusted by the superhero community at large, it'd be interesting to see them meet again under such drastically changed circumstances, what with Spidey having managed to gain a modicum of respect and appreciation from both the public and the hero community and the X-Men/mutants as a whole having decided they no longer need to play by humanity's rules or live or die by humanity's acceptance or lack thereof.
    The spider is always on the hunt.