Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: X-Men 2 preview

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

Thinking about it further that seems to be Rogue's thing. There have been at least 4 occasions where she burnt herself out and was powerless for awhile or everything she absorbed went away. It is kind of interesting that no matter what powers rogue has or for how long her powers always revery back to life force absorption so maybe the other powers were enhancing it somehow.

And no. You lie again, she never burned anything.
    and it was only 2 times and none because she exhausted permanent powers because that has never happened (not even with the AoA version).
    1) when by a strange energy both she and Gambit were depowered for a time, and nothing had to do with burning them and 2) when hope and she came into contact in Messiacomplex it caused a short circuit, but Rogue did not have control of her powers and Hope had that resonance with Pforce, and Rogue only lost sunfire's powers, not absorptive ones, and it had nothing to do with depleting them either. In fact there are two future versions of Rogue and both have multiple powers and control of their absorption powers, so they could also already master the recanalization of past powers.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The whole crapshow of his death was due to him being synchronized to horrible writing. His origin story had him not only synchronize with someone from a distance, but held on to the power for a good period of time after that mutant left. Not to mention he used two different mutant powers at the same time. ...Hmmm, and he didn't have to kiss anyone to do it. Rogue is power vampire, as a side effects she can maintain an imprint of genetic matrix in proportion to duration of physical contact. Everett actively is a genetic matrix duplicator, that also naturally upgrades functional efficiency of said matrix. You really trying to make a mountain out of their differences?? Really?
    Hummmm yes an not i mean

But it is that their differences if they were very noticeable ... and they should still continue to be that way despite the fact that they only SHARE A SIMILAR POWER NOTHING ELSE, Synch only temporarily imitated powers, he does not do more.
    Rogue has done that and much more forever.

Rogue not only has a power which is to take the potential of others, but she has at least 5 more powers based on absorption, she takes powers, minds, emotions, physical and intellectual abilities, and the most dangerous ability of her take vital energy.

Besides that Rogue can keep the powers permanently. Synch no.

and the last thing has already been seen that Rogue keeps all the traces of power that she ever took, and it is proven that her maximum potential is to access the powers absorbed in the past, this has already been seen and is canon.
    Rogue keeps a power template, she just has to learn to rechannel those powers, she suppose she will do it at the right time.

Another thing Synch even in the 90s had more time developing his mutant powers than Rogue, Synch never had his powers blocked, Rogue had them blocked all his life and that is why he did not control the effects he wanted if he took powers of the mind or the life force.

And I do not know why I should assume that the event of his death was a horrible writing .. it is part of the canon and that's it, and that was not the first time that Synch's powers showed that they would be limiting, when it was also bad for him long before with the powers of Emplate and I also believe with those of Omega red. and he took them one at a time.We cannot take what we like and what we don't, the origin of him Synch was not even well defined, as if he was at the time of his death.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 07-12-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Hummmm yes an not i mean

But it is that their differences if they were very noticeable ... and they should still continue to be that way despite the fact that they only SHARE A SIMILAR POWER NOTHING ELSE, Synch only temporarily imitated powers, he does not do more.
    Rogue has done that and much more forever.

Rogue not only has a power which is to take the potential of others, but she has at least 5 more powers based on absorption, she takes powers, minds, emotions, physical and intellectual abilities, and the most dangerous ability of her take vital energy.

Besides that Rogue can keep the powers permanently. Synch no.

and the last thing has already been seen that Rogue keeps all the traces of power that she ever took, and it is proven that her maximum potential is to access the powers absorbed in the past, this has already been seen and is canon.
    Rogue keeps a power template, she just has to learn to rechannel those powers, she suppose she will do it at the right time.

Another thing Synch even in the 90s had more time developing his mutant powers than Rogue, Synch never had his powers blocked, Rogue had them blocked all his life and that is why he did not control the effects he wanted if he took powers of the mind or the life force.

And I do not know why I should assume that the event of his death was a horrible writing .. it is part of the canon and that's it, and that was not the first time that Synch's powers showed that they would be limiting, when it was also bad for him long before with the powers of Emplate and I also believe with those of Omega red. and he took them one at a time.We cannot take what we like and what we don't, the origin of him Synch was not even well defined, as if he was at the time of his death.
    Yet you want to complain about Synch's canon abilities because you feel it diminishes Rogue? Practice some of that bs you're preaching.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's quite the...fanciful...understanding of how Rogue's powers work.

I think we need an updated Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe 2021 edition.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's quite the...fanciful...understanding of how Rogue's powers work.

I think we need an updated Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe 2021 edition.
    Yeah, apparently side effects are considered powers now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    And no. You lie again, she never burned anything.
    and it was only 2 times and none because she exhausted permanent powers because that has never happened (not even with the AoA version).
    1) when by a strange energy both she and Gambit were depowered for a time, and nothing had to do with burning them and 2) when hope and she came into contact in Messiacomplex it caused a short circuit, but Rogue did not have control of her powers and Hope had that resonance with Pforce, and Rogue only lost sunfire's powers, not absorptive ones, and it had nothing to do with depleting them either. In fact there are two future versions of Rogue and both have multiple powers and control of their absorption powers, so they could also already master the recanalization of past powers.
    Thats fine i just want to be clear i am not responding anymore and i will actually ask others that if they do to be careful, something isn't right here and i'm not trying to send anyone off the deep end.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Yeah, apparently side effects are considered powers now as well.
    They are not side effects .... another who does not know how Rogue's powers work with control.

taking powers is not the same as taking minds or taking knowledge or vital energy.
    they are all very different things.

Before giving an opinion for an opinion, it should at least be documented.

Further to my point about the Official Handbook...which brought to mind those pin-up pages at the back of Claremont/Sienkiewicz's New Mutants...It would be very "retro" coolz if at the end of the books we got a brief, pin-up bio of the characters in the book explaining key elements of who they are and their powers. "Cece's Notes" data page...especially as she's noted how powers seem to have evolved post resurrection.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Further to my point about the Official Handbook...which brought to mind those pin-up pages at the back of Claremont/Sienkiewicz's New Mutants...It would be very "retro" coolz if at the end of the books we got a brief, pin-up bio of the characters in the book explaining key elements of who they are and their powers. "Cece's Notes" data page...especially as she's noted how powers seem to have evolved post resurrection.
    That would be very cool. Then maybe we could learn more about Gorgon and Santo’s changes.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Considering the new bodies are created from DNA samples provided by Mister Sinister, one should be concerned how much he might have allready tinkered with them seeing how that should be the prime suspect for what might have caused these "improvements" in powers.

However the alternative to that would be to suspect that Cerebro caused these changes, by altering the memories or mental blueprints of the people into having a natural better understanding/controll of their powers, which sounds just as problematic, as it's an alteration of their very being.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That would be very cool. Then maybe we could learn more about Gorgon and Santo’s changes.
    Considering that Cerebro is implied to pull the people's souls back from wherever they went after death, one has to wonder if it's not the memories which messed them up but having the wrong soul to the wrong memories in their bodies?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thats fine i just want to be clear i am not responding anymore and i will actually ask others that if they do to be careful, something isn't right here and i'm not trying to send anyone off the deep end.
    You're right, i'm done engaging and am just going to enjoy seeing my man thrive in this era.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Exactatiously.
    I'm here like...uuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...waiting for someone to informate me on their current situations.

edit: to Gee's points...I really don't care about Who did it? or Why was it done? (Those can be covered in-story, somewhere.)
    I just want to know How they're different.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-12-2021 at 11:52 AM.

I loved those pin-up pages and they would look so delicious done by Larraz!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yes, eh! They would be DIVINE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Larraz could draw anything and it would look absolutely phenomenal.