Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men 2 preview

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And she does it by being COLD AND DISTANT. Not by being “rawr slash snikt bub” and not caring if she gets torn to shreds while her boyfriend watches. As Nazrel said, that wasn’t Laura in ANXM.
    Then where is laura because im noticing a trend. With synch in the vault, not laura. Abuses men emotionally and physically she knows has emotions for her be it through mentally knowing it or scent(which kind of gives her an unfair advantage in relationships). It seems like the only accepted laura is when she is wounded or gambit is taking care of her. I've read nyx, xmen red, all new wolverine, all new cmen. The majorie stuff with gambit. She has always waffled in between based on the writer and equally for the most part. I feel like we need a who is laura kinney at this point.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Then where is laura because im noticing a trend. With synch in the vault, not laura. Abuses men emotionally and physically she knows has emotions for her be it through mentally knowing it or scent(which kind of gives her an unfair advantage in relationships). It seems like the only accepted laura is when she is wounded or gambit is taking care of her. I've read nyx, xmen red, all new wolverine, all new cmen. The majorie stuff with gambit. She has always waffled in between based on the writer and equally for the most part. I feel like we need a who is laura kinney at this point.
    Lauras story has been one of personal growth. Starting from a very dark place.

She has had 2 relationships. One of them written by Bendis. I repeat: Bendis. The man who excelled as a writer for Daredevil. If you are seeing a trend here it’s highly possible you are seeing a complex and subtle story being told with the occasional equivalent of a bulldozer coming in and derailing everything. People like Bendis and Hickman are great writers but they are not on the top of the “most suited for writing Laura in a relationship” list.

Let’s see how Duggan handles this. I hope he starts with writing Laura less as Light-Logan and more cold and distant.

My feeling so far is that Synch will be handled quite well in this run but Laura will be more hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree because everything I’ve ever read of her is considered OOC by her fans. So I dunno who she is cause I missed the early days, all I have to go on is the current stuff.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I agree because everything I’ve ever read of her is considered OOC by her fans. So I dunno who she is cause I missed the early days, all I have to go on is the current stuff.
    She been in character in all of her Solo's, even Mariko Tamaki's. There a frame of reference for you.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    She been in character in all of her Solo's, even Mariko Tamaki's. There a frame of reference for you.
    Got it, thanks. I’m hopeful Duggan won’t have her simply growling all the time.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    I will never understand your obsession with power levels and your Rogue must be "THE MOST POWERFUL!!!" mentality. To each their own though. We all have our own reasons for enjoying these books and liking certain characters. But really, can you not see how disrespectful you are being to Synch fans? You are giving Rogue fans a bad name with your posts in the Synch thread and here.
    Naw, the poster is just trying to go everywhere to express how he hates Everett. Lol, its typical of what you see for Black Panther, Cyborg, Duke Thomas, Bishop...you get the jist of it? The logic for their hatred is usually some weird mental gymnastics.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Why don't I love a character that I don't hate either, I just feel like they're shoving him down our throats because yeah, I'm being disrespectful?

Laura is one of my favorite characters and I think she deserves something better and more according to her status. Hellion was fine with her.
    Shoved down your throat? He's been dead for 20 years?

You don't want her with Synch cause he's Z-list (even though he's now actually in the flagship) but your ok with Hellion who hasn't done a single thing of note since New X-Men ended? Sure.

While in the following numbers Laura writes herself in character and not just grunting how a Wolverine 2.0 i satisfied.

I think lauraxev no fan of Laura wants it, and we have already explained the reasons, I am not too interested in whether they do it or not, since this relationship would only last while Duggan is in the book (only about a year), or as long as Hickman has the reins of the x offices, which if we are lucky it will only last a couple of years longer, and we will leave behind the whole horrible issue of the sect nation.

So I don't think it would be a lasting relationship at all. plus x editors and desktops often review these threads, and I think they will soon realize that virtually no Laura fan buys this pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Naw, the poster is just trying to go everywhere to express how he hates Everett. Lol, its typical of what you see for Black Panther, Cyborg, Duke Thomas, Bishop...you get the jist of it? The logic for their hatred is usually some weird mental gymnastics.
    It is very ridiculous. and very victimizing, what do they imply that I did not love Synch because of ethnicity ... and they take out that letter on issues that have nothing to do with it, it is offensive, they really tire with their victim plan because it does not apply here, it is not the case. I don't hate Synch but I don't like either that's all. and I do not care what they do with the character for my sake if they want to make him the king of Krakoa I have no problem with that, excellent for their fans.

I just want to keep it as far away as possible in the future of a book that Rogue in, and no, I don't want it with Laura either, how I didn't like it with Monet either. Continuing with Rogue I can't speak for the other fans, I speak for myself and personally I do like that Rogue uses all of her powers, not that she stops using her mutant powers precisely just for Synch to take place in the book and not are repetitive.

Ironically all the characters you named I like they except Cyborg lol so you don't have the slightest idea. 🤷🏻🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Got it, thanks. I’m hopeful Duggan won’t have her simply growling all the time.
    Well somebody has to play the role...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

It is very ridiculous. and very victimizing, what do they imply that I did not love Synch because of ethnicity ... and they take out that letter on issues that have nothing to do with it, it is offensive, they really tire with their victim plan because it does not apply here, it is not the case. I don't hate Synch but I don't like either that's all. and I do not care what they do with the character for my sake if they want to make him the king of Krakoa I have no problem with that, excellent for their fans.

I just want to keep it as far away as possible in the future of a book that Rogue in, and no, I don't want it with Laura either, how I didn't like it with Monet either. Continuing with Rogue I can't speak for the other fans, I speak for myself and personally I do like that Rogue uses all of her powers, not that she stops using her mutant powers precisely just for Synch to take place in the book and not are repetitive.

Ironically all the characters you named I like they except Cyborg lol so you don't have the slightest idea. ������
    It's incredibly hard to take any of your statements serious when people have given fact after fact, example after example of where you are flat out wrong about soooooo many aspects of the character Synch. Yet, you still want to shove YOUR misconceptions down peoples throat as solidifying statements and justification. This insistence that there's a legion of people that are filling this thread and others with insight and authority on how wrong one black male mutant named Synch isn't as good or worthy as his peers. Reality might shock you to see you're just wrong, and and you have no evidence to show otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    It's incredibly hard to take any of your statements serious when people have given fact after fact, example after example of where you are flat out wrong about soooooo many aspects of the character Synch. Yet, you still want to shove YOUR misconceptions down peoples throat as solidifying statements and justification. This insistence that there's a legion of people that are filling this thread and others with insight and authority on how wrong one black male mutant named Synch isn't as good or worthy as his peers. Reality might shock you to see you're just wrong, and and you have no evidence to show otherwise.
    I don't care if he's black or blond Asgardian. Do not draw the victimist card, please are people and that's all, don't be ridiculous to me.

I don't hate him my only problem with him is that for him to fit in the same book with Rogue she must forget about her mutant powers ... because Synch only has a single dependent power which is to mimic powers.

That's my only problem. I don't like it being in the same book with her because under the initial premise she will forget half of her powers just for Synch to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Well somebody has to play the role...
    Sunfire is more sense...

Ironically all the characters you named I like they except Cyborg lol so you don't have the slightest idea. ������
    So your not a racist but you refer to a black male mutant as it all through your second paragraph. I hope marvel is reading this thread. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I don't care if he's black or blond Asgardian. Do not draw the victimist card, please are people and that's all, don't be ridiculous to me.

I don't hate him my only problem with him is that for him to fit in the same book with Rogue she must forget about her mutant powers ... because Synch only has a single dependent power which is to mimic powers.

That's my only problem. I don't like it being in the same book with her because under the initial premise she will forget half of her powers just for Synch to do something.
    You have made your problem abundantly clear. Here and on the Synch thread. And for a fan, you seem not to know Rogue very well. She has always been a flying brick. Because she could not very well go around sucking the life out of his teammates mid battle.
    The time when she was depressed and limited to her original power was only memorable because she was lucky enough to have Carey writing her. Classic Rogue is flying brick Rogue and that is a well known fact. Rogue fans are usually happy seeing her flying, kickig ass and taking names, not moping around "Ah love you but Ah cannot touch you".