Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men 2 preview

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That could be glorious to see.
    One of the stand outs for me in this era is seeing the mutants combine their powers in new and interesting ways.
    Exactly. The mutant power circuits are a great concept and exploring that is very interesting to me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

This exactly. I would love to see Rogue absorb a few powers then Synch sync with her. It could be glorious as they WORK TOGETHER.

If it was the writer Kelly Tompson, Christos Gage or Mike Carey or hell Claremont himself, I'd buy this idea from you entirely. But noooo

But we talk about Duggan that although he writes a great Rogue, and a powerhouse how flying brick he shows he hates Rogue's mutant powers, because in almost 3 years he completely ignored them in UA. and he doesn't have to change that now. If Duggan wasn't creative with her mutant powers in a book where she was and she was basically the star, why would he do it now?
    if he is Synch in and with Synch he only has a single power yes or yes he must use it.

Rogue with Duggan will remain the flying brick and will continue to completely ignore Rogue's mutant powers in this current year. and that's frustrating as a fan.🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    If it was the writer Kelly Tompson, Christos Gage or Mike Carey or hell Claremont himself, I'd buy this idea from you entirely. But noooo

But we talk about Duggan that although he writes a great Rogue, and a powerhouse how flying brick he shows he hates Rogue's mutant powers, because in almost 3 years he completely ignored them in UA. and he doesn't have to change that now. If Duggan wasn't creative with her mutant powers in a book where she was and she was basically the star, why would he do it now?
    if he is Synch in and with Synch he only has a single power yes or yes he must use it.

Rogue with Duggan will remain the flying brick and will continue to completely ignore Rogue's mutant powers in this current year. and that's frustrating as a fan.��
    Ok so I understand a bit of what the complaint is and I can understand why you want what you want for Rogue. But calling Synch a Z-lister in his appreciation thread and then making it clear you don't want him with Laura really comes off as an attack and it won't win you any sympathy.
    For me personally, I think Rogue is a fantastic character whether written as a straight up bruiser or more focused on her powers.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I grew up with Flying Brick Rogue who absorbed powers occasionally, GO! 80's UXM!!!...so I'm absolutely loving Duggan's iteration for all of the ONE issue he's done so far.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ok so I understand a bit of what the complaint is and I can understand why you want what you want for Rogue. But calling Synch a Z-lister in his appreciation thread and then making it clear you don't want him with Laura really comes off as an attack and it won't win you any sympathy.
    For me personally, I think Rogue is a fantastic character whether written as a straight up bruiser or more focused on her powers.

Yeah well I apologize for that attitude. and that was out of place. But I'm glad you can understand my point a bit.

There is already a nearly three-year-old premise of how Duggan likes to write to Rogue and that he likes to ignore her.

And if you are a fan who likes all her powerset and not just a part of it, it is very very frustrating to see for probably a whole year to see that ALL of her companions will be using their mutant powers in all issues and Rogue only those of flying brick, especially when there is another partner with a mutant power similar to her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I grew up with Flying Brick Rogue who absorbed powers occasionally, GO! 80's UXM!!!...so I'm absolutely loving Duggan's iteration for all of the ONE issue he's done so far.
    Same for me. I love roughhousing Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Yeah well I apologize for that attitude. and that was out of place. But I'm glad you can understand my point a bit.

There is already a nearly three-year-old premise of how Duggan likes to write to Rogue and that he likes to ignore her.

And if you are a fan who likes all her powerset and not just a part of it, it is very very frustrating to see for probably a whole year to see that ALL of her companions will be using their mutant powers in all issues and Rogue only those of flying brick, especially when there is another partner with a mutant power similar to her powers.
    It's interesting because I didn't read Duggan's UA but I see a lot of posters saying they're happy he's writing Rogue again. But to each their own of course. Maybe this concept of combined powers will have him exploring more than just her punching abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So your not a racist but you refer to a black male mutant as it all through your second paragraph. I hope marvel is reading this thread. Lol
    Yeah Hopefully so, but I doubt they really care but on another not after all the trolling & racist and racial coded views/language Im good on Rogue & Wolverine fans & as characters for near future. No longer fan of ethier or interested. I prefer to see Ev - Monet or Jubilation ( if/when they get rid of that baby) or Polaris or date..

And don't compare Duggan to Claremont, it's how you compare night and day, Claremont was constantly using Rogue's absorption powers for one reason or another. Still having all of Carol's powers.

While Duggan only used Rogue's powers once, in almost 3 years and not even in a fight or to gather information, he used them as a plot device only to expel Wonderman from inside Rogue's body ... because if Duggan would never have used them.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Yeah Hopefully so, but I doubt they really care but on another not after all the trolling & racist and racial coded views/language Im good on Rogue & Wolverine fans & as characters for near future. No longer fan of ethier or interested. I prefer to see Ev - Monet or Jubilation ( if/when they get rid of that baby) or Polaris or date..
    I feel that way about Wolverinelite now too if i'm honest. She can get gutted tomorrow, hopefully in Otherworld and i'm good. As far as Synch/Rogue oh i have a great picture idea for that. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I feel that way about Wolverinelite now too if i'm honest. She can get gutted tomorrow, hopefully in Otherworld and i'm good. As far as Synch/Rogue oh i have a great picture idea for that. lol
    Synch Absorbing Powers...ACTIVATE!!!

Can't Wait!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

And that's really sad, because it's like 4 people claiming to be Laura fans and bashing everyone around.
    I get how it works, but since I had to go through "Throw that Fakeverine to garbage" comments before X-Men 1, it's getting depressing and I don't think cbr forums are good for mental health.
    I hate that all Laura fans are being thrown into the same bag.

Same for me. I love roughhousing Rogue.

It's interesting because I didn't read Duggan's UA but I see a lot of posters saying they're happy he's writing Rogue again. But to each their own of course. Maybe this concept of combined powers will have him exploring more than just her punching abilities.

Well I can explain it to you in the following way, roughly there are three types of Rogue fans, although it seems illogical it is like that.

1) There are how I like her mutant powers and her flying brick powers, everything, but we are clear about what makes Rogue so powerful and with such great potential are her absorption powers.

2) There are the ones who cares more about the flying brick powers, and they don't care much or nothing about the absorption powers, they just care to see Rogue hit things and not be creative with her powers. Generic flying brick powers always work, and you don't need too much creativity in stories.

3) there is a minority who care more about the absorption powers and not so much the flying brick ones ... because it is the most interesting to explore. I also identify with this group, although I do like to see it with the permanent flying brick powers.

The reason why he has support is because Duggan himself has said he is a fan of Rogue.

And Duggan writes to Rogue with a badass personality, so since most people like flying brick powers they don't have much trouble with him.
    but it's too noticeable Duggan doesn't like Rogue's absorbing powers.
    Honestly even though he writes a funny Rogue it seems to me they have him very overrated by Rogue fans to Duggan, just because he gives them a Rogue by hitting things.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 07-12-2021 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    And that's really sad, because it's like 4 people claiming to be Laura fans and bashing everyone around.
    I get how it works, but since I had to go through "Throw that Fakeverine to garbage" comments before X-Men 1, it's getting depressing and I don't think cbr forums are good for mental health.
    I hate that all Laura fans are being thrown into the same bag.
    Maybe there just aren't a lot of laura fans here but it was the vileness of it to me. Like look at her real history. And i do apologize if i hurt your feelings. For me what makes it different is i saw Rogue fans step up and say, "no, we not doing that."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This is where i was when it started. For the haters in the back.

laurasynch.jpg
    Maybe duggan can get me back there.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-12-2021 at 07:45 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This is where i was when it started. For the haters in the back.

Maybe duggan can get me back there.
    Still a good picture bro but I feel you. Once the reactions and posts regarding X-Men #19 came in I wanted nothing to do with the character and it's all because of the fanbase.