Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    No more joke / parody posts, please.

Be earnest. Mine was funny but was still earnest.
    Earnest? Yeah, I disagree, again why people even feel the need to tell others what to post?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    again why people even feel the need to tell others what to post?
    Because nobody wants to see this thread devolve into a series of parody posts that aren't really even funny.

Because nobody wants to see this thread devolve into a series of parody posts that aren't really even funny.
    It’s not “parody”, learn to read between the lines and let others post the way they please maybe?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Here is mine

Rachel Summers- time traveler from a dystopian future
    Ororo Munroe- metereopathic
    Jean Grey- host to a cosmic entity
    David Haller- multiple personalities
    Pietro Maximoff- easily bored
    Selene Gallio- seen it all
    Wanda Maximoff- magic is my second nature
    Forge- tech solves problems, trust science
    Illyana rasputin- unfazed nihilism
    Mystique- my reasons are beyond your understanding
    The only thing I didn't get was Jean. Everything else was witty but also made sense. I don't know why would anyone have a problem with it. Especially when/if they know you are witty! This post represents you and that's what this thread is about! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    The only thing I didn't get was Jean. Everything else was witty but also made sense. I don't know why would anyone have a problem with it. Especially when/if they know you are witty! This post represents you and that's what this thread is about!
    Yeah i felt that was the realest one. lol. That list is so me. Well not the realest but the one i got the most while still not having to be naked. i enjoyed it. i learned something.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The only thing I didn't get was Jean. Everything else was witty but also made sense. I don't know why would anyone have a problem with it. Especially when/if they know you are witty! This post represents you and that's what this thread is about!
    The one about Jean was all about the need to feel special and the taste for “grandeur”.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah i felt that was the realest one. lol. That list is so me. Well not the realest but the one i got the most while still not having to be naked. i enjoyed it. i learned something.
    I'm admittedly biased because I love Daedra's humour. But I honestly thought it was very expressive and representative and not a mockery of the thread at all.

The one about Jean was all about the need to feel special and the taste for “grandeur”. :p
    See? Makes sense too! :)

I'm admittedly biased because I love Daedra's humour. But I honestly thought it was very expressive and representative and not a mockery of the thread at all.

See? Makes sense too!
    oh i agree. I got the jean thing too but instead of grandeur i thought "host to something bigger than yourself." lol. you can't help it, it just is. and grandeur is a perfect word for that. sometimes i take things literal and after the post i realized a way to do this without being so i guess revealing and blunt or real world specific. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

@ Grinning Soul & Jwatson

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Please list at least 5 parts of your identity (some examples are age/age-range, gender, race, religion, personality, family relationship, nationality, mental and physical health status, occupation and many more-anything that represents the many facets of you). After you list at least 5 identity markers, please list mutants who represent that part of you.

You can list as many as you want and the mutant listed doesn't have to be your favorite, but if they are your favorites or they resonate with you, please make a note. This will be a way to see the many different types of people on the board and also see what identities are represented among our merry mutants. I'll start and model, but please feel free to do your own thing. You can also share what you learned by doing this.

1. BLACK-Synch (One of my favorites), Bishop, Storm)
    2. MALE-Cyclops (My favorite)
    3. GAY-Iceman (I came out later in life like adult Bobby), Northstar, Anole
    4. ARTIST-Colossus (I always loved when he was shown painting)
    5. EDUCATOR/SCHOOL LEADER-Professor Xavier (I've been in education for 30 years)
    6. MIDDLE-AGED-Magneto (One of my favorites)
    7.BROODING/ANGSTY-Magik (One of my favorites)
    8. INTELLIGENT/HIGH-ACHIEVING-Monet (One of my favorites), Kid Omega
    9. AMERICAN-Havok, Boom Boom
    10. OLDER BROTHER-Cyclops (Again, my favorite superhero of any franchise)

So, I noticed that most of my favorite characters are directly related to a piece of my identity.
    Right now, any mutant NOT affiliated w. Krakoa and The Quiet Council best represents me, regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Right now, any mutant NOT affiliated w. Krakoa and The Quiet Council best represents me, regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion etc.
    You don't like the Krakoa era?
    Mutant and Proud!

Incredible Member

It’s not “parody”, learn to read between the lines and let others post the way they please maybe?
    My bad. I see now that you were making a real attempt to describe yourself. Originally, I saw the Rachel and Jean ones at the top of your list, rolled my eyes, and blew threw the rest without reading (the crucial mistake).

(I will reserve the right to criticize parody posts, but that wasn't what you were doing, I realize now.)

Well, I wasn't familiar with Daedra (or anyone on the X-boards as I am relatively new), but from now on I will keep in mind that she is funny and subtle. Apparently too subtle for my dumbass in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    oh i agree. I got the jean thing too but instead of grandeur i thought "host to something bigger than yourself." lol. you can't help it, it just is. and grandeur is a perfect word for that. sometimes i take things literal and after the post i realized a way to do this without being so i guess revealing and blunt or real world specific. lol.
    For me it wasn't about revealing too much.

I actually thought of replying to this thread, but I started writing the post and except for race (I don't think any mutant represent my multi-ethinic ancestry) and gender, 80% of the things I could think of sharing about myself would point to the same mutant: Scott Summers.

So I thought to myself: I'm too boring for this thread. And deleted what I had written. :D

--
    @Daedra:

Well, I wasn't familiar with Daedra (or anyone on the X-boards as I am relatively new), but from now on I will keep in mind that she is funny and subtle. Apparently too subtle for my dumbass in this instance.
    Hey, it's fine. We've all have judged others too hastily and too harshly. I'm actually impressed you admited that you made a mistake. It's getting rarer and rarer to see that nowadays. :)

Daedra often cracks me up in Jean's appreciation thread, so that's why I was familiar with that particular brand of humour. :D

But I could see there was more to it than an empty joke just for the sake of humour too so I thought I should say it. :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-10-2021 at 03:15 AM.

My bad. I see now that you were making a real attempt to describe yourself. Originally, I saw the Rachel and Jean ones at the top of your list, rolled my eyes, and blew threw the rest without reading (the crucial mistake).

(I will reserve the right to criticize parody posts, but that wasn't what you were doing, I realize now.)

Hey it’s all right, we are all learning new things about each others so the thread is working like a charm, I’m actually glad we came to an understanding, this is all cool

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Okay, where's the nearest gate so we can all hang out? LOL! Honestly, I always felt like my being gay was how my "x-gene" manifested. Not to minimize a piece of identity to a comic book concept, but y'all know what I mean:
    1. It hits around puberty.
    2. You're scared and try to hide it.
    3. People "hate and fear" you.
    When I read my first issue of X-Men, it was like "THIS IS ME!"
    I remember someone pointing out in a thread that the Legion of Super-Heroes, and superhero fandom in general, seemed to attract a larger than expected percentage of gay fans, and I was like, 'Well gosh, who would have thunk a certain demographic would identify with a bunch of people with a secret life in which they really come alive and wear fantastic colorful costumes and can fly around and be super, and then kind of stick their glasses on and slouch back to a 'normal' day to day life, no one the wiser?'

I find it an interesting coincidence(?) that in this modern age, with so many of my younger friends (and family) having lived their lives out and proud, that in comic books, there's an increasing trend of getting rid of secret identities, ranging everywhere from the Iron Man of the MCU, to the recent abandonment of Superman's secret identity, and various more modern/post-modern superhero franchises like The Boys and Jupiter's Legacy. It's only just starting, but as 'the closet' becomes less relevant (at least in some areas of the US and Europe), superhero secret identities also seem less and less relevant.

Anywho, me.

1) The smart one. Un(der)appreciated. Perhaps a bit *too* proud of his big ol' brain, and something-something goeth before a fall. Hank Pym or Hank McCoy.
    2) The other guy. There's always a popular clique. Then there's the other guys, generally in their shadows. Maybe not last picked for dodge ball, but middle of the pack. Jamie Madrox.
    3) The one who can enjoy life even when everybody else is down. No matter how much everyone else is complaining about work, school, family, able to keep the negativity at bay. Nightcrawler.
    4) Glasses! Since I was eight, I was the one with the thing on his face. Cyclops.
    5) In my own world, I'm a big deal! Totally unrealistic self-image. Honest to other people, lie to my own face every day... Ilyanna, possibly Roberto.