Spectacular Member

Default What are some cool things to start collecting if you’re a DC Fan?

I want to start collecting some items that are DC Comics related. Can anyone recommend anything I can start collecting?

Well I don’t have a whole lot of room to put stuff and it really depends on your living situation so most of the time I collect clothes or posters. T-shirts are generally comfortable, green lantern rings are small and usually pretty neat, and I try to go for genuinely cool looking are instead of generic posters. I will say I do one day want to buy the Francis Manapul Flash Statute but first I’d need more room.

Honestly though it comes down to personal esthetic, you see something you like you can afford and put in your home then get it if it’s cool.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I just buy things that I already need like my JLA drinking glass or my GL wallet or various refrigerator magnets, my favorite being a Darwyn Cooke that reimagines The Great Frog in TT costumes. The wallet gets a lot of positive attention from checkout clerks that are DC/GL fans and that’s pretty fun.

I like to buy the comic panels themselves. They are one-of-a-kind artworks that I adore because you can really see the details with your own eyes, many of them have drawings on the back.

Of course the price varies a lot depending on who the artists is, how popular that issue was, who's on it, and how much detail is on the panel itself.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The one batarang letter opener that comes with a warning that you should not throw it I saw once upon a time. It's fun and practical. I know if I ever want a batarang it has to be a metal one... and stays in a locked display until I use it to open some packages. Can't risk it getting grabbed by the nephews.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    I want to start collecting some items that are DC Comics related. Can anyone recommend anything I can start collecting?
    Action figures.

Some time ago I started watching stop-motion videos made using action figures on YouTube and I was amazed. They were so much fun to watch. I looked up action figures for DC, Marvel and so on, and was enthralled by how many cool-looking characters are available. Even if you don't want to make stop-motion movies you can still have a lot of fun just posing the figures.

Obviously that doesn't apply "just" to DC, but there are some great-looking DC figures out there.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I just buy things that I already need like my JLA drinking glass or my GL wallet or various refrigerator magnets, my favorite being a Darwyn Cooke that reimagines The Great Frog in TT costumes. The wallet gets a lot of positive attention from checkout clerks that are DC/GL fans and that’s pretty fun.
    Post a pic!