Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yeah, the New 52 Teen Titans set back most of its cast (save Bunker, it’s only successful original contribution) hard enough that pretty much it’s entirety has been retconned away without any fuss.

The big problem both IDs had *was the New 52.*

Tim lost a solo book, his past and different profile and aesthetic as Red Robin. Cass was exiled to limbo again for multiple years.

What momentum the new IDs *DID* have was squandered and neutered by the New 52; Red Robin really wasn’t a problem for Tim until Lobdell got done destroying its value for him, and in hindsight, Black Bat feels like a last hurrah from creator Cass fans before Didio slammed the door shut on her again.
    Yeah, how long did Cass have a bullseye on her by the editors? A decade at least, it seems like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, how long did Cass have a bullseye on her by the editors? A decade at least, it seems like.
    Cassandra has fought with editorial since her very inception. But I'd say the overt target on her back became clear with OYL in 2006. I'd say only very recently has that target come off, so it's more close to about fourteen years at this point.

I was one of the people who complained about Red Robin, years ago (especially in the New 52 when that replaced his former Robin identity). But if I knew about the fucking identity crisis Tim would end up having now, I'd have just shut and been happy with what we got lol

Like...at this point just call him Red Robin and leave it at that for the foreseeable future. There's no need to mess with it now that every attempt has failed. I actually feel bad for Tim. There was a time when he was my favorite member of the Batfamily. Even when Damian was in the picture. But these days, he just feels so directionless and unnecessary. Nothing they try with him seems to stick anymore. Including their attempts at renaming him.

As for Cass, she's always been my favorite Batgirl so I'm fine with her going back to that moniker. But I was fine with Black Bat too. Really the only one of her names that I didn't like was Orphan.
    Last edited by Blue22; 07-12-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    But they did. Why else do you think DC kind dumped the entire run of the New 52 Teen Titans? The only survivor of that entire run was Bunker. They've all but ignored those versions of Superboy, Impulse, and Wonder Girl. They even killed off Solstice. It's safe to say the New 52 Teen Titans tainted every single character save Bunker, the only character that was good in that run and they kept him around. Everyone else? They've all but ignored and buried that run.
    DC also ignored that version of Red Robin. Tim's OG history and origin was restored and he was back in working with Batfam before Bendis reverted him to Robin. Superboy and Wonder Girl are still in use so the new52 TT wasn't the reason for dumping the code name RR.

RR was working for Tim. DC should have kept it.