Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Since their biggest success came from elevating lesser known characters it would be ironic if they end up tripping over themselves when they finally get to adapt their big gun franchises after getting the rights back to them, i.e X-Men and the Fantastic Four.

Or Fiege, Victoria Alonso, Louis D'Esposito can no longer be in charge and without the key figures, the entire house of cards come crumbling down. Or like the comics, the fanboys who grew up with the MCU take over and manages to sink it into the ground by trying to make their fan fiction canon.

Its odd I didn't write that. But its not a bad comment I don't know why my name is on that post. Anyway I don't see a house of cards crumbling down. Although I don't know I suppose at some point like westerns and war movies etc the genre will fade. But that is an interesting discussion in and of itself. I mean the thing with comic book stuff is that it isn't one particular genre. I mean if someone watches Agent Carter and then Ant-man or Loki they are all based on comics but they are not the same genre at all. So unlike a western that is in the end a western, the MCU can go into any genre.

Ahhh and sorry that was me copy and pasting a comment from another user and I messed up and have since forgot. My fault.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 07-14-2021 at 12:52 AM.

WandaVision got 23 Emmy nominations.

Just...just throwing that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    WandaVision got 23 Emmy nominations.

Just...just throwing that out there.
    Don Cheadle got an Emmy nomination for his cameo in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

I forgot he even appeared in the show.

Amazing Member

The mcu has barely scratched the surface of the comics. They have probably have used 2% mythology from the source material so far. So the only thing they have to be worried about is people getting tired of their films, which is not going to happen anytime soon. They are just getting started. I don't even like the mcu that much but i feel bad for the people that despise it because they are gonna be here for a very LONG time.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Don Cheadle got an Emmy nomination for his cameo in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

I forgot he even appeared in the show.
    Huh. I have no complaints with Cheadle's brief turn on the show, but I'll confess surprise at seeing him get a nomination for it. His role in No Sudden Moves on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Huh. I have no complaints with Cheadle's brief turn on the show, but I'll confess surprise at seeing him get a nomination for it. His role in No Sudden Moves on the other hand...
    Don Cheadle expressed confusion over the nomination himself. Carl Lumbly I woulda understood but I don't get the Cheadle nom.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Don Cheadle expressed confusion over the nomination himself. Carl Lumbly I woulda understood but I don't get the Cheadle nom.
    Yeah I think if anyone deserved it, it would be either Stan/Mackie, Daniel Bruhl or the actor who played Isaiah Bradley. Not sure why Cheadle was picked. Kind of insulting to the other actors, really

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Yeah I think if anyone deserved it, it would be either Stan/Mackie, Daniel Bruhl or the actor who played Isaiah Bradley. Not sure why Cheadle was picked. Kind of insulting to the other actors, really
    Different categories though. None of the mentioned was eligible for the category Cheadle was nominated as none of them were guest actors.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

People didn't like Cars 2?!

They keep hiring big-name directors for their move so I doubt they're giving up on them for tv shows.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

This might be a wild guess, overly pessimistic prediction but I think we are going to see saturation that is exaggerated by minor characters.

Shang-Chi, the Eternals (more guys and gals in bathrobes) - not really attractive to the main stream of the MCU. Black Panther without Black Panther - not a vector for success.

Natasha needed some closure and Dr. Strange needed more to his story. Who cares about another Kung-Fu movie? Most Kung-fu movies in modern times are incredibly forced to get around someone just shooting the protagonists.

If BP goes for a Namor intensive film, maybe. Otherwise, where is BP? Dead? In the restroom for the whole movie? Went to Cancun?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Who cares about another Kung-Fu movie? Most Kung-fu movies in modern times are incredibly forced to get around someone just shooting the protagonists.
    TBF I'd say most superhero films are forced anyway, and many martial arts films play out similarly to superhero films to begin with (superhuman feats, comparison of skills, similar journeys and story beats), especially older Wushu films. As is the case with many things, execution is key.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I think Cheadle expressed confusion because he never expected anything. honestly most and everyone ware pretty surprised that Disney Plus show such as The Mandloran Wandavsion and FAWTS can take over the Emmys, it's unprecedent when you think Emmy always leaned against the opposite of Disney styled shows and tone, this is why HBO had so much success at the Emmys when they first lunched.

Shows like Sex and the City, Deadwood and The Sopranos were the ultimate Emmys ultimate fantasy, So I have to give some credit to Disney that they have found away to get some of their stuff nominated like HBO shows when on a regular day, none of their stuff would have stood a chance and at the same time I feel for the Marvel Netflix fans and DC CW superhero fans, who have had much stronger comic book shows in content and took more story telling risk than the Disney plus shows that the Emmys still snubbed.

However I do think, this is part of the way Marvel is still going stay relevant in some form in pop culture. I dont think their content will ever grow up or get more highly artistic or even get near HBO or Netflix but what Disney will keep doing is finding way to get them nominated for emmys, maybe even Oscars, and forcus on their streaming success and build as much hype as they can. Now none of this is bad, but I do wish they had the same substance and goods to back it up like HBO/NETFLIX and the only way they can do this, is if they break out of their kid friendly derivate stories ruled by what a studio wants and not what a writer or director can actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    TBF I'd say most superhero films are forced anyway, and many martial arts films play out similarly to superhero films to begin with (superhuman feats, comparison of skills, similar journeys and story beats), especially older Wushu films. As is the case with many things, execution is key.
    More forced away like Westerns. However there are some great top notch westerns that are among the best films of all time and changed how we see film making and stories. Modern present Superhero films? not so much
    Last edited by Castle; 07-22-2021 at 12:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    The X Men alone can provide a wide range of films to explore.
    On paper, they can. At Marvel, very unlikely because I feel MCU will overplay how much connection X-MEN actually has to other Marvel characters and that in practicality will not offer any wide range of films to explore. that would have only worked if X-MEN was self contained in its own universe
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-22-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    This might be a wild guess, overly pessimistic prediction but I think we are going to see saturation that is exaggerated by minor characters.

Shang-Chi, the Eternals (more guys and gals in bathrobes) - not really attractive to the main stream of the MCU.
    I would have said exactly the same thing before GotG was released.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Like others have said their or so many more characters Marvel has just sitting on the shelf that they can go on for years and years. Characters like Deathlok could probably carry a trilogy if you want to know the truth.