Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
That figure seems arbitrary to me, but Fast 9 did 23 million on 2nd weekend (not including 4th of July Monday which would raise it to 29 million) which seems close enough to not nitpick about.

What's more important is that Fast 9 is making around 3 times its budget in theaters around the globe with a budget similar to Black Widow. It will bring the franchise out of the pandemic (or the middle of the pandemic) saving face because the franchise was going to get direct sequels either way. The last Conjuring is currently doing a similar thing. Black Widow is an odd way to start a Phase but if Shang-Chi and Eternals (which IIRC will have a theaters first window) do better or as good (I mean they're not Avengers members), it might not matter on the long run.

You know you are an interesting fella. I just told you on another post that Fast and Furious was released in China and made 215 million dollars. And BW was not. Yet you just left that out of this post talking about worldwide box office. Why?