Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    That figure seems arbitrary to me, but Fast 9 did 23 million on 2nd weekend (not including 4th of July Monday which would raise it to 29 million) which seems close enough to not nitpick about.

What's more important is that Fast 9 is making around 3 times its budget in theaters around the globe with a budget similar to Black Widow. It will bring the franchise out of the pandemic (or the middle of the pandemic) saving face because the franchise was going to get direct sequels either way. The last Conjuring is currently doing a similar thing. Black Widow is an odd way to start a Phase but if Shang-Chi and Eternals (which IIRC will have a theaters first window) do better or as good (I mean they're not Avengers members), it might not matter on the long run.

You know you are an interesting fella. I just told you on another post that Fast and Furious was released in China and made 215 million dollars. And BW was not. Yet you just left that out of this post talking about worldwide box office. Why?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    You know you are an interesting fella. I just told you on another post that Fast and Furious was released in China and made 215 million dollars. And BW was not. Yet you just left that out of this post talking about worldwide box office. Why?
    It's called expanding on a subject. Just North American box office, if you want to talk about that only right now, would make these blockbusters be box office bombs no matter how famous or what they are. But studios care about global box office, reception, and what not, which is why Godzilla vs Kong's director is hired for another of those movies.

About BW not being out in China yet, I just replied about that in another thread

Astonishing Member

It's called expanding on a subject. Just North American box office, if you want to talk about that only right now, would make these blockbusters be box office bombs no matter how famous or what they are. But studios care about global box office, reception, and what not, which is why Godzilla vs Kong's director is hired for another of those movies.

About BW not being out in China yet, I just replied about that in another thread

No you just said Fast and Furious is making 3 times its budget around the globe with a budget similar to black widow. But then you left out that 1/3rd of that was in China where BW hasn't been released. Then you didn't mention what BW has made on streaming because that isn't relevant in your mind to your point. So why did you do that? I am not sure why you and others are trying to weirdly warp these figures on these boards. Maybe it makes you happy I don't know. But I honestly don't care what makes money. I hope they all do. But it gets into this weird us vs marvel thing or something.

No movies are doing well at the box office. Quit trying to come up with odd things with stats that are not relevant. This box office is literally changing day to day. What was happening 2 weeks ago in the states and even more so globally has nothing to do with what is happening now.

Astonishing Member

No movies are doing well at the box office.
    The last time I disproved this with a very specific example you went Quiet about it and resorted to now repeating the same lie again expecting it to be taken as truth.

Familiar enough.

Astonishing Member

The last time I disproved this with a very specific example you went Quiet about it and resorted to now repeating the same lie again expecting it to be taken as truth.

Familiar enough.

No I don't really understand what you are attempting to correlate right now. You are attempting to come up with odd things in an environment that none of this means anything to try and prove some issue with a movie studio. I don't really care. But I find it odd. And its pretty plain where you are attempting to go but you don't really want to go. Because I can sort of see where this is going. BW is going to pass Fast and Furious domestically. However you will say yea but Fast and Furious made a lot overseas. Then you won't mention streaming for BW not only what you know but you won't even bother to guess what you don't know. Then you will forget that BW hasn't been released in China. Then you will say yea but The Quiet 2 did pretty good. Annnnd you will pretty much ignore the coming disaster at movie theaters this weekend. But see what bothers me isn't that you and others on these boards like to talk box office. It seems the ones who want to come on these boards have an weird obsession at trying to twist stats in a year where they mean nothing to say marvel is not doing well. I mean in honesty lets just be frank. This is what this is about right? Because you don't really care about what Cruealla or any movie is doing. What is about is BW and some model you came up with in your mind on what it should do during a pandemic with same day streaming.

Astonishing Member

No I don't really understand what you are attempting to correlate right now. You are attempting to come up with odd things in an environment that none of this means anything to try and prove some issue with a movie studio. I don't really care. But I find it odd. And its pretty plain where you are attempting to go but you don't really want to go. Because I can sort of see where this is going. BW is going to pass Fast and Furious domestically. However you will say yea but Fast and Furious made a lot overseas. Then you won't mention streaming for BW not only what you know but you won't even bother to guess what you don't know. Then you will forget that BW hasn't been released in China. Then you will say yea but The Quiet 2 did pretty good. Annnnd you will pretty much ignore the coming disaster at movie theaters this weekend. But see what bothers me isn't that you and others on these boards like to talk box office. It seems the ones who want to come on these boards have an weird obsession at trying to twist stats in a year where they mean nothing to say marvel is not doing well. I mean in honesty lets just be frank. This is what this is about right? Because you don't really care about what Cruealla or any movie is doing. What is about is BW and some model you came up with in your mind on what it should do during a pandemic with same day streaming.
    So A Quiet Place Part II didn't do well in the box office since it's a movie, and it came out in this time, and no movie is doing well at this time.

What would have qualified as good for you? It Chapter II box office? Original It box office? The Exorcist box office adjusted for inflation?

What does good mean for you if you think I was comparing things that didn't exist?

Astonishing Member

So A Quiet Place Part II didn't do well in the box office since it's a movie, and it came out in this time, and no movie is doing well at this time.

What would have qualified as good for you? It Chapter II box office? Original It box office? The Exorcist box office adjusted for inflation?

What does good mean for you if you think I was comparing things that didn't exist?

Lets take your odd ridiculous premise for a second. The quiet one two did pretty well domestically for what it was. What else has. Go on tell me. I mean basically what I think you are attempting to say is hey man a quiet one 2 did really good with those fans in the movie theater two months ago. BW should too. Ignoring basically every other thing about either movies release.

Astonishing Member

Lets take your odd ridiculous premise for a second. The quiet one two did pretty well domestically for what it was. What else has. Go on tell me. I mean basically what I think you are attempting to say is hey man a quiet one 2 did really good with those fans in the movie theater two months ago. BW should too. Ignoring basically every other thing about either movies release.
    ...Oh bother. "The Quiet One" 2 as you call it wasn't even out 2 months ago. If you wanted to say Black Widow's box office trajectory is not set in stone yet, well I already went over that without, I hope, coming across like I know nothing about, or care about, other movies or the industry.

Astonishing Member

...Oh bother. "The Quiet One" 2 as you call it wasn't even out 2 months ago. If you wanted to say Black Widow's box office trajectory is not set in stone yet, well I already went over that without, I hope, coming across like I know nothing about, or care about, other movies or the industry.

Honestly what is your point? You keep rambling on about A quiet one two making decent money at the box office. When everything else is doing terrible. Do you think hey A quiet one two was just really special and it made 155 million dollars. This is your hill. Nothing else in this year or any of he circumstances about any of these movies tells you anything. But a quiet one 2 made 155 million dollars. Which wouldn't put in in the top 15 most years domestically. But hey this is how you base what movies should do this year. In your mind and heck its marvel and we will keep ignoring Disney plus streaming because you like to do that. That the same audience who goes to marvel movies goes to A quiet one 2 and that since a quiet one 2 made some money over budget then BW should to. Do you even understand how ridiculous this is.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 07-22-2021 at 10:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Honestly what is your point? You keep rambling on about A quiet one two making decent money at the box office. When everything else is doing terrible. Do you think hey A quiet one two was just really special and it made 155 million dollars. This is your hill. Nothing else in this year or any of he circumstances about any of these movies tells you anything. But a quiet one 2 made 155 million dollars. Which wouldn't put in in the top 15 most years domestically. But hey this is how you base what movies should do this year. In your mind and heck its marvel and we will keep ignoring Disney plus streaming because you like to do that. That the same audience who goes to marvel movies goes to A quiet one 2 and that since a quiet one 2 made some money over budget then BW should to. Do you even understand how ridiculous this is.
    ...Do you really think that box office is just "decent", for the circumstances? Would you approve of the people at Paramount who want to release a series spin-off and already dated it in the industry release calendar? Would you rather ask them to wait to see if their Clifford the Big Red Dog movie did more decent in the box office this year before making the call?

Astonishing Member

...Do you really think that box office is just "decent", for the circumstances? Would you approve of the people at Paramount who want to release a series spin-off and already dated it in the industry release calendar? Would you rather ask them to wait to see if their Clifford the Big Red Dog movie did more decent in the box office this year before making the call?

The box office is awful. You keep cherry picking one movie. Its terrible for everything. You pick one movie that has made a decent dollar in 18 months and correlate it with what is happening at the box office. You know this weekend is going to be terrible. And honestly the weekend after that is going to be as well. But you want to highlight this one movie in this time and say hey well this did ok in relation to its budget why hasn't all these other movies. Then you bring up stuff like Fast and Furious which is making half of what the last one did, and attempting to correlate it with BW in some weird way even though it was released in China and BW was not. Then you keep ignoring same day streaming and just go back to A quiet place 2. Its weird. Its not based on anything. Its based on idiocy. Its not based on what is actually happening right now. Worldwide or domestically. It has no basis in what BW has brought in during this time, no basis on who streamed this movie. Its just nonsense. And even when BW becomes the highest grossing domestic movie of the year at the same time as pay for steaming so far, you will start talking about production costs or Fast and Furious China box office or something stupid. I mean if your point and I'm not sure wtf your point is that a relatively low budget movie can make a decent dollar in this environment I will give that to you. But thats not what BW or any of these blockbusters are.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 07-22-2021 at 11:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

The box office is awful. You keep cherry picking one movie. Its terrible for everything. You pick one movie that has made a decent dollar in 18 months and correlate it with what is happening at the box office. You know this weekend is going to be terrible. And honestly the weekend after that is going to be as well. But you want to highlight this one movie in this time and say hey well this did ok in relation to its budget why hasn't all these other movies. Then you bring up stuff like Fast and Furious which is making half of what the last one did, and attempting to correlate it with BW in some weird way even though it was released in China and BW was not. Then you keep ignoring same day streaming and just go back to A quiet place 2. Its weird. Its not based on anything. Its based on idiocy. Its not based on what is actually happening right now. Worldwide or domestically. It has no basis in what BW has brought in during this time, no basis on who streamed this movie. Its just nonsense. And even when BW becomes the highest grossing domestic movie of the year at the same time as pay for steaming so far, you will start talking about production costs or Fast and Furious China box office or something stupid. I mean if you point and I'm not sure wtf your point is that a relatively low budget movie can make a decent dollar in this environment I will give that to you. But thats not what BW or any of these blockbusters are.
    I was just showing how you're wrong regarding no movies doing well at the box office currently. I'd even direct you to see how Nobody's box office was good for an original movie in the pandemic in order to not only talk about 100+ million blockbusters, or how Guy Ritchie's Wrath of Man did only 15 million less than his previous, pre-pandemic movie with more stars in it, but I feel I'd be talking to a wall if you're currently going from not well to decent to awful regarding not just specific movies, but mere words in general about the box office and your own posts. Can you make up your mind about them first?
    Last edited by Wildling; 07-22-2021 at 11:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

I was just showing how you're wrong regarding no movies doing well at the box office currently. I'd even direct you to see how Nobody's box office was good for an original movie in the pandemic in order to not only talk about 100+ million blockbusters, or how Guy Ritchie's Wrath of Man did only 15 million less than his previous, pre-pandemic movie with more stars in it, but I feel I'd be talking to a wall if you're currently going from not well to decent to awful regarding not just specific movies, but mere words in general about the box office and your own posts. Can you make up your mind about them first?

You are not honestly looking at this box office right now. You are cherry picking things to try to make a point. You actually know what this would all look like in a normal years without the pandemic and same say streaming or anything else. But what you are attempting to do is come up with ridiculous things like a guy Richie movie that has made 100 million dollars worldwide and trying to correlate that with the last Guy Richie movie. You are attempting to compare a movie genre and a movie that made 27 million dollars in the states to BW which was released in theaters and streaming and made 215 million dollars its first weekend worldwide. Its insanity. I can cherry pick almost any movie in any genre at anytime and claim something. What you are doing is not honest, not inline with what is going on, has no relevance to what is actually happening here in the United States or worldwide. I don't know what the next big movie is. I guess Jungle cruise. But I would never come here and start trying to compare whatever Jungle cruise makes now to a Pirates of the Caribbean movie. This is stupidity.

Astonishing Member

You are not honestly looking at this box office right now. You are cherry picking things to try to make a point. You actually know what this would all look like in a normal years without the pandemic and same say streaming or anything else. But what you are attempting to do is come up with ridiculous things like a guy Richie movie that has made 100 million dollars worldwide and trying to correlate that with the last Guy Richie movie. You are attempting to compare a movie genre and a movie that made 27 million dollars in the states to BW which was released in theaters and streaming and made 215 million dollars its first weekend worldwide. Its insanity. I can cherry pick almost any movie in any genre at anytime and claim something. What you are doing is not honest, not inline with what is going on, has no relevance to what is actually happening here in the United States or worldwide. I don't know what the next big movie is. I guess Jungle cruise. But I would never come here and start trying to compare whatever Jungle cruise makes now to a Pirates of the Caribbean movie. This is stupidity.
    Problem being, you initially replied to me about about movies not doing well period, not just talking about the industry in general or in a specific market/year. It's not my fault your posts disagree with each other and the English language in general if decent/awful are interchangeable words within them just last page.

I already pointed out how the "box office right now" included a movie matching pre-pandemic opening weekend expectations, for just one example. The best you could do to refute was spell the movie's name wrong and pretend the movie had been out for longer, either showing you are out to lie or simply don't know what you're talking about and don't care enough to fact-check.

which is why Godzilla vs Kong's director is hired for another of those movies.
    Why? For the love of god why remind me? It's not bad enough he made the worst (my opinion) Godzilla movie ever, but he's freaking gonna do it again. Rewarded for making a movie that's best viewed as a series of fight clips uploaded to youtube out of the context of plot. Great...