Incredible Member

Default Deadpool vs Taskmaster (movie versions) *possible Black Widow spoilers*

We've seen what happens in the comics. Now what happens when the movie versions of Deadpool and Taskmaster from the Black Widow movie go head to head. This is an open world scenario where the last fighter standing wins. I repeat, Taskmaster needs to only incapacitate DP to win, not necessarily kill him. Both opponents have their standard gear. Plenty of innocent bystanders but no other outside interference. Who wins?

Incredible Member

Since it would be funny, we see a replay of King Arthur vs the Black Knight.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Deadpool is still at least a diet coke bullet timer (sword blocking at least some of Cable's bullets, reacting to and watching the bullet cross the room to kill his wife, even if he was too slow to stop it), which ought to let him beat Tasky.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Deadpool is still at least a diet coke bullet timer (sword blocking at least some of Cable's bullets, reacting to and watching the bullet cross the room to kill his wife, even if he was too slow to stop it), which ought to let him beat Tasky.
    Between the way Taskmaster owned Widow and Red Guardian (even if it was an overweight, mildly out of shape Red Guardian) I'd say that Taskmaster has this. Even if he can't kill Deadpool, he'd be more than able to put him down for a ten count. Movie Deadpool doesn't regenerate nearly as fast as comic Deadpool.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    Between the way Taskmaster owned Widow and Red Guardian (even if it was an overweight, mildly out of shape Red Guardian) I'd say that Taskmaster has this. Even if he can't kill Deadpool, he'd be more than able to put him down for a ten count. Movie Deadpool doesn't regenerate nearly as fast as comic Deadpool.
    Haven't seen the Black Widow movie yet, but for what it's worth, I think that Deadpool, a low-end bullet timer who is *at least* as agile and good a shot as Natasha with strength sufficient to shoulder check cars hard enough to launch the driver out of them combined with a healing factor that lets him keep walking and fighting like nothing happened even while grievously wounded, would monster over 2 Black Widow tier fighters without much difficulty.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-24-2021 at 07:32 PM.

Incredible Member

How unpredictable would deadpool be for sending false data to taskmaster, like in the comics?

Deadpool does things that are downright suicidal if not for his regen. Taskmaster does *not* want to be copying him.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    Aside from everything Drunkard Kid said, I will point out "owned" is a strong word for Taskmaster's performance against them. Tasky had the upper hand, but neither Widow or the Red Guardian were knocked out to my recollection. Natasha managed to get away from their first fight and technically won their second, albeit utilizing a particular element.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Aside from everything Drunkard Kid said, I will point out "owned" is a strong word for Taskmaster's performance against them. Tasky had the upper hand, but neither Widow or the Red Guardian were knocked out to my recollection. Natasha managed to get away from their first fight and technically won their second, albeit utilizing a particular element.
    MCU Taskmaster can scan/own and beat you (according to existing data from enough Avengers footage and whatever can be watched and learned in the spot) within sight like "Black Superman" did in the already superhero troped Fast & Furious spin-off Hobbs & Shaw. Natasha and Yelena only ever did good against Taskmaster with the element of surprise and the benefit of them not being the mission priority (Natasha only escaped her initial bridge encounter ambushing Taskmaster from behind when Taskmaster turned out to be Terminator-ing after the anti-Red Room control vials, and Taskmaster was about to kill the superstrong Red Guardian if not for Yelena ambushing from behind in order to immediately after lock Taskmaster behind a high-tech cell even Red Guardian couldn't punch through).
    Last edited by Wildling; 07-27-2021 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I agree.

MCU Taskmaster can scan/own and beat you (according to existing data from enough Avengers footage and whatever can be watched and learned in the spot) within sight like "Black Superman" did in the already superhero troped Fast & Furious spin-off Hobbs & Shaw. Natasha and Yelena only ever did good against Taskmaster with the element of surprise and the benefit of them not being the mission priority (Natasha only escaped her initial bridge encounter ambushing Taskmaster from behind when Taskmaster turned out to be Terminator-ing after the anti-Red Room control vials, and Taskmaster was about to kill the superstrong Red Guardian if not for Yelena ambushing from behind in order to immediately after lock Taskmaster behind a high-tech cell even Red Guardian couldn't punch through).
    The bridge fight opened with Taskmaster blasting Natasha's car with an RPG or something. In their final fight, a Natasha who had been walled on in a previous fight did stuff like use Taskmaster's parachute to survive and judo throw Tasky while unlatching the helmet. Taskmaster definitely comes across as the superior fighter but not to the extent that Natasha is helpless. "Owned," is a subjective term but IMO I'd be hesitant to apply it when one side doesn't knock out the other and there are asterisks on the condition of one of them.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 07-28-2021 at 08:54 AM.

The bridge fight opened with Taskmaster blasting Natasha's car with an RPG or something. In their final fight, a Natasha who had been walled on in a previous fight did stuff like use Taskmaster's parachute to survive and judo throw Tasky while unlatching the helmet. Taskmaster definitely comes across as the superior fighter but not to the extent that Natasha is helpless. "Owned," is a subjective term but IMO I'd be hesitant to apply it when one side doesn't knock out the other and there are asterisks on the condition of one of them.
    Just gonna throw it out there but.. if Taskmaster hadn't tackled Natasha off that piece of debris, she'd have just died.

Taskmaster came off less like a badass, and more like a dumbass imo.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Just gonna throw it out there but.. if Taskmaster hadn't tackled Natasha off that piece of debris, she'd have just died.

Taskmaster came off less like a badass, and more like a dumbass imo.
    I did notice that, yes. There were a few head scratching moments like that in the last scenes. I'm also not sure why the chemical antidote worked since they made a big point about Taskmaster using cybernetics instead. Given they mentioned the micro chip in the neck multiple times, I think they originally intended to have Natasha remove the chip via knife or electrocution and then changed their minds.

Also not really sure why Natasha stayed behind to face all those army dudes. Seemed pointless. And the Yelena fight in Budapest felt like they were more worried about squeezing in a Bourne Identity homage than it actually making sense for the two to fight in retrospect. But that was probably the coolest fight of the movie, so whatever.

Edit: I suppose with the sky tackle you could make an argument for CIS. Taskmaster was basically a robot following programming and might not have been great at adapting orders the way they could adapt fighting styles. Similarly, it could explain why Taskmaster didn't make sure Natasha was dead before going for the primary objective vials.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 07-28-2021 at 10:27 AM.

I did notice that, yes. There were a few head scratching moments like that in the last scenes. I'm also not sure why the chemical antidote worked since they made a big point about Taskmaster using cybernetics instead. Given they mentioned the micro chip in the neck multiple times, I think they originally intended to have Natasha remove the chip via knife or electrocution and then changed their minds.

Also not really sure why Natasha stayed behind to face all those army dudes. Seemed pointless. And the Yelena fight in Budapest felt like they were more worried about squeezing in a Bourne Identity homage than it actually making sense for the two to fight in retrospect. But that was probably the coolest fight of the movie, so whatever.

Edit: I suppose with the sky tackle you could make an argument for CIS. Taskmaster was basically a robot following programming and might not have been great at adapting orders the way they could adapt fighting styles. Similarly, it could explain why Taskmaster didn't make sure Natasha was dead before going for the primary objective vials.
    There's also stuff like Taskmaster shooting them in the car, and it 1) the concussive force enough to shatter all the windows in the vehicle not uh... pulping them, 2) the subway entrance not existing in the shot just before the car starts death rolling and manages to slide down into it.

Taskmaster was just really good at helping Natasha out, lol.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan