Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Quick question:

I’ve blotted a lot of HiC from my memory, but was Nemesis originally among the dead? I know he was a patient, but I don’t recall him being among the dead.

I’m probably misremembering, though.
    I was absolutely convinced that Nemesis was the real culprit behind HiC. That was back when I thought HiC was going to end strong, rather than simply be an editorial hit list wrapped up in some half-baked ideas about PTSD and Wikileaks that all went nowhere.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I was absolutely convinced that Nemesis was the real culprit behind HiC. That was back when I thought HiC was going to end strong, rather than simply be an editorial hit list wrapped up in some half-baked ideas about PTSD and Wikileaks that all went nowhere.
    Well, you can't say you weren't earned back then.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Well, you can't say you weren't earned back then.
    Oh, yeah. I was so hopeful that HiC was about to deliver a perfectly set-up swerve with Nemesis that would reveal Wally as the red herring. I completely underestimated Didio's capacity for pointlessly tormenting Wally fans.

Well, it's all water under the bridge now. Not only was Wally mentally manipulated by Thawne via the Negative Speed Force, but he didn't even accidentally kill anyone. Not quite as elegant a solution as "Parallax was the Yellow Impurity all along!", but if it gets Wally back to being Wally again, rather than the sad sack he's been for too many years, I'm all for it.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

At this point, nobody really cares what happened behind the scenes to make HiC the book it was. Just fix it and let it go.

Their solution to the Wally costume debate was perfect. The DCU currently has two Flashes running around in Infantino's classic design, but now at least one of them doesn't have all that extraneous **** pointlessly muddling up. And the pupil-less lenses make each Flash visually distinct from one another so that you can have both of them standing next to each other without any confusion about who's who.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Their solution to the Wally costume debate was perfect. The DCU currently has two Flashes running around in Infantino's classic design, but now at least one of them doesn't have all that extraneous **** pointlessly muddling up. And the pupil-less lenses make each Flash visually distinct from one another so that you can have both of them standing next to each other without any confusion about who's who.
    So... are you saying again that I've been right all along? You're kind of making an habit out of it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    So... are you saying again that I've been right all along? You're kind of making an habit out of it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I still dig the Rebirth suit, but I think the JLU suit is distinctive enough that it works. I'd prefer Wally to have a suit that isn't simply Barry's, but without eyes. However, like I said, if they're going to keep putting a bunch of dumb lines all over Infantino's already perfect design, I'll take Wally using a less busy version of that, but with his own tweaks like the V-shaped lightning belt (which was so good Barry has since incorporated it along with all the aforementioned glowy lines)
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 07-14-2021 at 03:22 AM.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I mean, Wally's costume is actually pretty distinct from Barry's classic look. No wings on his boots, white eyes, v-shaped belt, and also a darker, more metallic colour, but you look at it and you still think "Flash". Whether they put Barry back in his proper suit (hopefully) or continue with the New 52 abomination, I don't think the two are that easy to confuse.

Not that confusion won't happen anyway with the editors, writers and artists as Barry has been portrayed visually as Wally often enough that it has become something of a running gag. What is really confusing, though, is why only some of the covers going forward show Wally's 90s suit and others show his Rebirth or, well, Rebirth (Flash and DC, respectively) suits and why Barry went from his classic suit at the beginning of this arc to his New 52 costume in this issue. This is happening so often I'm starting to wonder if it's intentional.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I still dig the Rebirth suit, but I think the JLU suit is distinctive enough that it works. I'd prefer Wally to have a suit that isn't simply Barry's, but without eyes. However, like I said, if they're going to keep putting a bunch of dumb lines all over Infantino's already perfect design, I'll take Wally using a less busy version of that, but with his own tweaks like the V-shaped lightning belt (which was so good Barry has since incorporated it along with all the aforementioned glowy lines)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I mean, Wally's costume is actually pretty distinct from Barry's classic look. No wings on his boots, white eyes, v-shaped belt, and also a darker, more metallic colour, but you look at it and you still think "Flash". Whether they put Barry back in his proper suit (hopefully) or continue with the New 52 abomination, I don't think the two are that easy to confuse.

Not that confusion won't happen anyway with the editors, writers and artists as Barry has been portrayed visually as Wally often enough that it has become something of a running gag. What is really confusing, though, is why only some of the covers going forward show Wally's 90s suit and others show his Rebirth or, well, Rebirth (Flash and DC, respectively) suits and why Barry went from his classic suit at the beginning of this arc to his New 52 costume in this issue. This is happening so often I'm starting to wonder if it's intentional.
    Quick! Which one is Rider Ichigo and which one is Rider Nigo?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Quick! Which one is Rider Ichigo and which one is Rider Nigo?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Y'know, usually I see fanart differentiate them by putting Ichigo in his old colors, but...this is different.

This was a good issue but i hate he lost his Rebirth look.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Me, too, but it makes sense given how tainted that era is for Wally now. I feel similarly about Darryl Banks's kickass Parallax design, which was originally meant to be Hal's new costume as The Protector, a Silver Surfer-esque cosmic hero for the DCU--before editorial stepped in and decided that wasn't EXTREME enough for the 90s.

Perhaps it's best to set aside that Rebirth suit for a little while and let Wally enjoy the JLU outfit, which is easily his most recognizable and iconic suit, even if it is simpy a riff on Barry's design

Astonishing Member

Its his 90's costume but the Howard Porter way.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Its his 90's costume but the Howard Porter way.
    And sans those excesive yellow lines from the new52.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I do to, I hear what people are saying about sanctuary, but it's a good look and helps differentiate Wally from Barry.

So now I know why Ollie was included in the story arch, the question I have now is.....

has it been properly explained yet as to why Roy is back....or are they leading up to something bigger?