Default Future State Trades

Didn't seem to be any active thread discussing the release of the Future State Trades.

Now that a bunch of the Future State trades have come out, what are everyones thoughts on this limited series.

The Next Batman
    Collects Future State: The Next Batman #1-4; Future State: Dark Detective #1-3; Future State: Nightwing #1-2.

The first of the trades I collected. Nothing revolutionary herr but I did enjoy all the stories included.

Superman
    Collects Future State: Superman of Metropolis #1-2, Future State: Worlds at War #1-2, Future State: Superman vs. Imperious Lex #1-2, Future State: Kara Zor-El, Superwoman #1-2, Future State: Legion 5000 #1-2, and Future State: House of El #1.

The second of the trades I read, I enjoyed all the stories in this collection except the Superwoman. After the first issue I skipped the second. Skipped all of Legion 5000... though I will give it a try later, just cause the art wasn't my thing.

Future State Dark Detective
    Collects Future State: Dark Detective #1-4; Future State: Catwoman #1-2; Future State: Harley Quinn #1-2; Future State: Robin Eternal #1-2; Future State: Batman/Superman #1-2

Future State Justice League
    Collects Future State: Justice League #1-2, Future State: Aquaman #1-2, Future State: The Flash #1-2,and Future State: Green Lantern #1-2.

I've only read the Aquaman story which baffled me... maybe I don't know enough about Aquaman man but it felt random.

Future State Wonder Woman
    Collects Future State: Wonder Woman #1-2, Future State: Superman/Wonder Woman #1-2, and Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman #1-2

Not yet read... but very excited for these stories.

Future State Suicide Squad
    Collects Future State: Suicide Squad #1-2, Future State: Teen Titans: Dead of the Class #1-2, Future State: Shazam!: The Death of William Batson #1-2, and Future State: Swamp Thing: Obsidian Sun #1-2.

Not yet read... but excited especially for Shazam, Teen Titans and Suicide Squad

I was a fan of Metal, and a really really big fan of the various Death Metal collections... I also was a fan of Futures End so the idea of Future State was exciting for me.

I think my single biggest criticism was that there doesn't seem to be any underlying connectivity. The stories are all one offs and independent of each other...

Future State isn't the best but its definitely a fun experiment and the idea that DC might continue doing independent contained events like this could be cool.

Enjoyed Future State so far. How about you guys?

I usually skip these "themed" trades, because they usually have lots of stuff that I don't care about or even dislike.

Spectacular Member

I'll definitely get the two future state Batman trades and I'm considering getting the Superman trade but I'll probably just get the individual digital issues for the ones I like from Future State Justice League and Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I usually skip these "themed" trades, because they usually have lots of stuff that I don't care about or even dislike.
    Yah I found I enjoyed most of what I read but the sort off one of nature of the stories .... no connectivity... means its essentially bunch of short stories with no long term impact.

But I definitely enjoyed them.
    Last edited by Menacer; 07-13-2021 at 09:14 PM.