Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I liked X-Statix in part because it's.... NOT the Xmen.
    I'm not a fan of X-Statix, but I'd rather see almost any and every one of the rest of them rather than Doop...

I liked Lacuna the most, but with Tempo, Tempus, Kiden Nixon, Sway and Timeslip, among others out there, there doesn't seem to be much room for more time-manipulating chickies. It's one of their 'go-to' background-mutant powersets.

Oh and guess who hasn't shown up on Krakoa? like ALL the X-Statix characters. The resurrection thingy? nope. no one cares about them, or the dozens of dead Acolytes.
    Oh yeah. We've seen Cortez, who nobody likes, and Frenzy and Amelia Vought (sp?), but what about Unuscione, my favorite? Or Scanner? Chrome? Gargouille? Projecteur? So many fun background jobbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'm not a fan of X-Statix, but I'd rather see almost any and every one of the rest of them rather than Doop...

I liked Lacuna the most, but with Tempo, Tempus, Kiden Nixon, Sway and Timeslip, among others out there, there doesn't seem to be much room for more time-manipulating chickies. It's one of their 'go-to' background-mutant powersets.

Oh yeah. We've seen Cortez, who nobody likes, and Frenzy and Amelia Vought (sp?), but what about Unuscione, my favorite? Or Scanner? Chrome? Gargouille? Projecteur? So many fun background jobbers.
    Is Kiden Nixon being used again in the books? She hasn’t been seen since the NYX mini and a future universe once. I wish they’d bring her back and do something with her.

Squirrel Girl
    Iron Man
    Riri Williams
    *Scarlet Witch post House of M
    Kamala Khan
    *Carol Danvers in more recent years
    *She-Hulk in recent years everything about the character I liked is pretty much gone
    Hope Summers
    Quentin Quire
    Miles Morales or any other Spidermen outside of Parker
    Other Venom's outside of Eddie Brock
    Doop
    The Inhumans
    hate to put him here but Wolverine after Claremont but especially the 2000s especially after he joined the New Avengers although even before that was getting stretched to thin his characterization became all over the place and all the things that made him great imo just gave way to the he is popular stick him everywhere you can think of vibe for the former loner who slowly overtime found a family with the X-Men he now was thrown on ever other team you could think of....and then they tried to push him more as an Avenger for a time then as the longtime X-Man he had been.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Enh... at some point you kinda have to look at variations and not just power set. How many people can make forcefields... or are super strong...? Yeah there's a lot of powers that get used on multiple characters.

Heh, Frenzy, Unuscione, Scanner, and Gargouille aren't exactly jobbers either. They all have handed various Xmen their butts over the years. Scanner vs Xavier was especially hilarious since I don't know that ANYONE had ever done that before! Sure, fighting on the astral plane had happened, but getting cold-clocked by a sucker punch?

Yeah... that's a power we didn't get to see her use much.

Astonishing Member

Captain America
    Black Panther
    Professor X
    Namor
    Kraven the Hunter
    Green Goblin
    Dr. Octopus
    Mary Jane Watson
    Dr. Doom
    Magneto
    Galactus
    Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    All the characters "created" after the year 2000.
    I have to agree with this, lots of lame was characters were created here
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Is is still working?
    It worked but now is different story. Characters are important IP, cannot be allowed to change too much. In way is the same story of what happened to Mickey Mouse. At some point, in the 50's, stopped being a character and became an icon that was not allowed to really grow or develop, his figure crystalized. This is slowly happening to marvel character at least the most known ones. This by contrast stunt the developments of new characters as well, since there is no "space" for them not enough time to pay them the proper care.
    Squirrel girl at some point shown sign of having her develop outside her sandbox( most of these new character are put in a sort fo sandbox, almost an AU by themselves) but this was stopped, one can guess why. Kamala was lucky, so was miles,but even for them is HARD to find the space to proper grow and develop. Miles expecially suffer a lot from sharing the same territory as regular spiderman, who is stuck in his usual stories.

All the ones prior to 1972! Let these relics just go to their fracking grave already. I'm just tired of seeing how Marvel tries to fit Captain America into a plot for today. Hell if you pay attention the movies underlying idea is that who he used to be was out of step with America right now. Look at old ass Batman, who abused mentally disturbed and impoverished criminals.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    It worked but now is different story. Characters are important IP, cannot be allowed to change too much. In way is the same story of what happened to Mickey Mouse. At some point, in the 50's, stopped being a character and became an icon that was not allowed to really grow or develop, his figure crystalized. This is slowly happening to marvel character at least the most known ones. This by contrast stunt the developments of new characters as well, since there is no "space" for them not enough time to pay them the proper care.
    Squirrel girl at some point shown sign of having her develop outside her sandbox( most of these new character are put in a sort fo sandbox, almost an AU by themselves) but this was stopped, one can guess why. Kamala was lucky, so was miles,but even for them is HARD to find the space to proper grow and develop. Miles expecially suffer a lot from sharing the same territory as regular spiderman, who is stuck in his usual stories.
    So then are comics doomed to never actually evolve?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    All the ones prior to 1972! Let these relics just go to their fracking grave already. I'm just tired of seeing how Marvel tries to fit Captain America into a plot for today. Hell if you pay attention the movies underlying idea is that who he used to be was out of step with America right now. Look at old ass Batman, who abused mentally disturbed and impoverished criminals.
    Harsh, but not totally untrue

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    All the characters "created" after the year 2000.
    I hate how much I agree with this

So then are comics doomed to never actually evolve?

Harsh, but not totally untrue
    Both of these things are why MC2 was one of the best things Marvel ever did. It both had new characters, and the story evolved!

It's kinda of like how in Dragon Ball Toriyama-sama would have the clock jump forward several years between major story arcs. It gave him a new direction to take the story.

DC and Marvel seem to dislike that idea, but alt-futures are some of the most popular stories they've ever done! They just don't want to do them as main stories.

Ultimate Member

Both of these things are why MC2 was one of the best things Marvel ever did. It both had new characters, and the story evolved!

It's kinda of like how in Dragon Ball Toriyama-sama would have the clock jump forward several years between major story arcs. It gave him a new direction to take the story.

DC and Marvel seem to dislike that idea, but alt-futures are some of the most popular stories they've ever done! They just don't want to do them as main stories.
    I liked the MC2 thing. Maybe eventually that could be one of the normal futures, but I doubt it. Do you think part of this is fans resisting newer characters and permanent changes?

Ultimate Member

Yeah, MC2 and the 2099 series of books had some neat stuff in them. I particularly loved X-Men 2099.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Spiderman
    Captain America
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I liked the MC2 thing. Maybe eventually that could be one of the normal futures, but I doubt it. Do you think part of this is fans resisting newer characters and permanent changes?
    Well I know some fans are a bit jaded as to if "permanent" changes really are. How many decades ago did Marvel write a story where they had Ben Reilly flirting with Carolyn Trainer while Pete and MJ were planning raising children? Just let that sink in.
    Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_406.jpg
    Yeah, that was the 90s!!!! Now look at where the story went from there!?!?!? Real easy to not expect changes to last when they erased most of Peter's history already.

Now this is an extreme example, but continuity gets ignored whenever convenient. I think the problem lies in how different writers have different ideas as to what makes a good Spider-Man(or whoever) story. Which can result in massive continuity shifts simply because the current writer wants to ignore a previous story arc.