Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    The Tuskeegee Experiment among other incidents could answer that for you. Hell in recent days you have California agreeing to pay out victims of involuntary sterilization so.........
    Still doesn't explain why both sides of the political divide wouldn't be opposed to involuntary sterilization, and why it was a leftist thing in BW?

Im not even a huge Mandarin fan. I do like Ben Kingsley and the badass way they set him up in the trailers, I was definitely more than annoyed at the swerve and def was the start of tipping the scale for me to hate IM3.

That was one of the things I liked in IM 3. The annoying kid and the "too many suits" final fight were negatives for me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Still doesn't explain why both sides of the political divide wouldn't be opposed to involuntary sterilization, and why it was a leftist thing in BW?

That was one of the things I liked in IM 3. The annoying kid and the "too many suits" final fight were negatives for me.
    Maybe one side of the political divide is actually okay with involuntary sterilization depending on the economic/social/racial status of the people being sterilized. I wish I were joking, but I keep seeing "Slavery was necessary and not that bad" arguments online.

Yea this movie is definitely one of the weaker installments in the MCU in my opinion. I like Scarlett and Florence and the movie serves as a decent good bye to Scarlett/ Black Widow but it has a LOT of flaws. For starters, the action is not as good as other MCU films like Winter Solider and all were just average. Second, the villain Dreykov is extremely forgettable and easily ranks as one of the worst MCU bad guys ( example, dark elves from Thor the Dark World). The the whole Taskmaster twist was unnecessary and was kind of a waste of a good character. David Harbour as Red Guardian could have been removed from the movie and it would have had little impact on the overall story. Also, they wasted Iron Maiden in this film as well. But the family themes and and hints to darker story points in regards to the Black Widow program were done pretty well and again Scarlett and Florence gave great performances.

Overall, I would give this a 7/10. This REALLY should have came out prior to Avengers Endgame or even Avengers Infinity War. It would have added even more emotion to Natasha's death.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 07-20-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Incredible Member

Anyone know what brand of boots they are wearing here?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    The director has gone on record that she intentionally left the scene vague and open to interpretation. So I suppose whatever head canon you want to use.

Personally, there's no way Ross caught Nat. She's too good for that. And we don't need to see her escape basic goon squads. So I'm ok with it.
    I could believe that maybe she let herself get captured, so that she could somehow lead Steve to the Raft to free everyone, assuming that the location of the Raft was secret. Then after Steve's broken them all out, she then called her friend, who got her a Quinjet. But I think it was implied she got the jet, and was then going to get Steve to break everyone out, so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I could believe that maybe she let herself get captured, so that she could somehow lead Steve to the Raft to free everyone, assuming that the location of the Raft was secret. Then after Steve's broken them all out, she then called her friend, who got her a Quinjet. But I think it was implied she got the jet, and was then going to get Steve to break everyone out, so who knows?
    Not only implied, in the quinjet scene she mentions to Mason that she is going to break some members of her other family out of prison.

I believe they filmed a continuation of the earlier scene, with her letting herself get arrested by Ross' men so she would have made some deal with him to get free, but didn't include it in the final cut. Don't like that idea though so in my headcanon she pulled a Batman and didn't get captured.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Speaking of Mason, since the movie was originally going to come out last year, and the Miles Morales video game featured Mason as well, intentional corporate synergy or just kind a coincidence?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Coming into this late.

Given the ease with which she escaped Ross's men in the beginning, we can assume she can escape from them at will. We don't need to see her do it because we already KNOW she can do it.

I have to say I really enjoyed the movie, even the Taskmaster swerve. I had never heard of the actress involved so I wasn't spoiled at all.

It occurs to me as a fan of the Taskmaster, in an MCU where there is no peak human (either people have car flipping super strength or they don't) Taskmaster would have to be a Super Soldier to be much of a threat to most of the MCU heroes.

The Red Room likely didn't dose Taskmaster with the SSS because at worst you get kill crazed maniacs like the other Winter Soldiers and at best you get the somewhat delusional Red Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Coming into this late.

Given the ease with which she escaped Ross's men in the beginning, we can assume she can escape from them at will. We don't need to see her do it because we already KNOW she can do it.

I have to say I really enjoyed the movie, even the Taskmaster swerve. I had never heard of the actress involved so I wasn't spoiled at all.

It occurs to me as a fan of the Taskmaster, in an MCU where there is no peak human (either people have car flipping super strength or they don't) Taskmaster would have to be a Super Soldier to be much of a threat to most of the MCU heroes.

The Red Room likely didn't dose Taskmaster with the SSS because at worst you get kill crazed maniacs like the other Winter Soldiers and at best you get the somewhat delusional Red Guardian.
    Taskmaster did pull off some superhuman feats though. Ragdolling Nat in the bridge fight (especially the kick that threw her off the bridge was ridiculous) and tossing Red Guardian around are well above anything non-supers have shown to be capable of in the MCU. Maybe her suit has some enhancements similar to that of Crossbones.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Taskmaster did pull off some superhuman feats though. Ragdolling Nat in the bridge fight (especially the kick that threw her off the bridge was ridiculous) and tossing Red Guardian around are well above anything non-supers have shown to be capable of in the MCU. Maybe her suit has some enhancements similar to that of Crossbones.
    In the comics Taskmaster has regularly duplicated some Spider-Man feats that I have to think would pull and tear all sorts of muscles if somebody without Spidey's super-strength/speed/toughness, so I kind of feel like they give him some leeway in duplicating the physical stunts of people like Spider-Man, and to a lesser degree, Captain America and Black Panther, who *should* be beyond his own physical capabilities to reproduce.

I remember that some users were wondering how Natasha escaped from Ross and his men in the end. Now a new deleted scene was released that shows the ending they filmed but cut from the final movie.

It's available on Disney+ so subscribers can watch it there. There are also videos on YouTube but they don't include the whole scene and are missing bits in between to avoid being taken down for copyright issues. Anyway, here they are:

part one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3691cNw76yw

middle part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzv_27laD7I

last part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7G3LF1ocFE

Incredible Member

I saw it a while back. For something I had really been looking forward to, I was very disappointed. It's in the lower half of the MCU movies and nowhere near the quality of more recent spy/action blockbusters. It also would have played better if it had actually been out before Infinity War. Still, it wasn't terrible. I'll probably give it another watch at some point.

I wonder if it will be 8 years or less until we get the Real Taskmaster in another MCU project? I really thing they blew it with this character. Making it a female cyborg with completely different origin and zero personality effectively took away anything that potentially makes Tasky interesting as a recurring adversary (or potential antihero). If she was recognizably Taskmaster-y but was just Antonia Masters instead of Tony, that would be one thing. But what we got was a Russian Terminator and they didn't even do much with her fight scenes despite it being a cool gimmick. For the purposes of this movie's narrative, it would have been better if Deykov's daughter was just a "next generation Black Widow", or some more obscure Marvel character, there was no point to it being Taskmaster. I was also spoiled less than halfway through the movie since I did recognize Olga Kurylenko's name in the opening credits and Taskmaster hadn't spoken.

The pheremone block thing is one of the stupider plot elements in any MCU movie. It's something that belongs in Austin Powers. "You can't force yourself to hurtif you can hurt smell my stank"...that's literally how it works. And breaking your nose instantly solves it...sure. Also...the Widows are trained snipers...so how was this ever Dreykov's brilliant idea for a safeguard against treachery?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Coming into this late.

We know she can avoid being captured with the ol' "I'm not really on the phone that your tracking" trick. That's not the same as escaping at will, especially after she's just been through crazy fights and a freefall from an exploding sky fortress. Hell, the movie even makes a point of reminding us earlier how she's *not* superhuman. "I bet the super soldiers and space gods don't have to down Vicodin after a fight" or something like that. If they weren't going to follow up the sequence with whatever might have been intended, they should have just edited/altered it so she doesn't wait around to get captured for no reason.

Black Widow is free on Disney Plus just in time for the new James Bond movie to come out. People will now compare the films.

Astonishing Member

The pheremone block thing is one of the stupider plot elements in any MCU movie. It's something that belongs in Austin Powers. "You can't force yourself to hurtif you can hurt smell my stank"...that's literally how it works. And breaking your nose instantly solves it...sure. Also...the Widows are trained snipers...so how was this ever Dreykov's brilliant idea for a safeguard against treachery?
    It was a fine solution if Black Widow didn't know that it was pheromone based.

But yeah, if you can program a pheromone/smell trigger, then you'd think it would be easier to also program a visual or auditory trigger as well. (Maybe both)

To me, the most incredulous thing was no one being able to be aware of the Red Room's existence. Right now, we have sensors (both civilian and government based) that are tracking all thousands of small space debris orbiting the planet. There's no way all the governments of the world/Tony Stark/etc would be unaware of it's existence.

Probably had a cloaking or radar jamming device.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth