Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    The avalanche was an accident though. They didn't plan on doing that.
    It's becoming a pattern now thou of leaving a trail of damage for example Wanda didn't mean to do what she did to the Westview residents and now all those prisoners might be dead. We are still not sure if they survived it lol!
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-10-2021 at 06:59 PM.

Ultimate Member

Plus, most of the prisoners and guards got back inside. I doubt the entire facility is dead

Incredible Member

Yelena planned on blowing up that guard tower.
    Sounds perfect.

Niffleheim

I must say I had Hua Mulan in my brain to rescue the prisoners when that avalanche happened

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Plus, most of the prisoners and guards got back inside. I doubt the entire facility is dead
    Being trapped isn't a better outcome.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Being trapped isn't a better outcome.
    You act like they got dropped into a black hole.

They'd have food, supplies and the ability to reach the outside world. Logically speaking, there'd be a plan to dig them out inside of twelve hours.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

You act like they got dropped into a black hole.

They'd have food, supplies and the ability to reach the outside world. Logically speaking, there'd be a plan to dig them out inside of twelve hours.
    They are in middle of nowhere, an avalanche can easily knock out whatever utilities the prison has and it being a prison doesn't give the authorities a lot of initiative save the people who are there.

They are in middle of nowhere, an avalanche can easily knock out whatever utilities the prison has and it being a prison doesn't give the authorities a lot of initiative save the people who are there.
    Unless its an Alien 3 situation where certain prisoners are also the guards, wouldn't saving the guards/non-prisoner personnel be the initiative?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    It's becoming a pattern now thou of leaving a trail of damage for example Wanda didn't mean to do what she did to the Westview residents and now all those prisoners might be dead. We are still not sure if they survived it lol!
    Yeah but it seems likely a lot of them did. As they were seen running inside like others have mentioned.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Yelena planned on blowing up that guard tower.
    Only cuz they were shooting at her. Lol

Ultimate Member

If the Russian government leaves them to die, isn't that on the government and not the heroes?

I doubt that there wouldn't be protocols in place to deal with an avalanche, anyways.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah it didn't look like a total wipe out.

Finished watching a couple of hours ago. I'll say the movie stuck with me. Myself and the rest of the audience didn't applaud like during other films. I think it was because of some of the dramatic parts. Indeed, as has been stated on other threads, Black Widow felt like it's own thing. As compared to the other Marvel films, there were just a few scenes. The action scenes were okay, though a little unclear at times. What got to me were those dramatic scenes. I'm guessing the director just focused on a couple of key scenes to heighten the drama. Having the entire "family" sit together for the meal and then each respective member just talking with one another for while, that was long, but in a good way. The film felt like it went into indie flick drama territory. There was a lot of emotion, but it never reached an intense level. I was surprised neither Natasha nor Yelena didn't just flip over the table in anger. Rather the scene just hovered around these emotions.

The same could be said of the final act, with Natasha confronting the general. There was a lot of deceit and trickery on Natasha's end. They hovered on clever, but didn't really feel it, y'know?

What really stuck me was just the opening sequence. The trafficking of the girls disturbed me. Whenever reading about the Red Room, I always felt that it was a tough and unrelenting place. There was an aura of "badassedness" to it. However, there's nothing "badass" about exploitation. Those opening credits affected me for most of the film. Indeed, the themes of female exploitation and female empowerment were on display. Ray Winstone as the general cut a very similar figure to Harvey Weinstein. Seeing what he did to his daughter showed the depths of this guy's depravity. (As for who was really the Taskmaster, I put two and two together, the credit of Olga Kuryenko and Taskmaster, before the big reveal. A little miffed it wasn't Tony Masters, but it worked within the context of the film).

Overall, it was a good film. The action was so-so, the performances were strong (though I felt Scarlett's could have been more), but the themes are what really made the movie stand out.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    The same could be said of the final act, with Natasha confronting the general. There was a lot of deceit and trickery on Natasha's end. They hovered on clever, but didn't really feel it, y'know?
    Well once the general mentioned pheromones I knew somehow someway Natasha was gonna break her own nose. Though I did think it was funny when she said he wasn't strong enough to do it.

Being a prison wouldn't they want to confirm that the most dangerous of their society are still locked away safe from the community? I would think the incentive would be to make sure it wasn't to cover a mass breakout