Incredible Member

Default Ultraverse Interest??

Would anyone else have interest in the Ultraverse if Marvel would let it stay separate from the regular Marvel Comics universe? Except maybe for an occasional crossover between the two universes?

I was a fan of the Ultra books. I was hoping for good stuff when Marvel bought the line. Black Knight was shifted there for a bit. It started out fairly interesting but then Marvel shuttered the line, never to be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Would anyone else have interest in the Ultraverse if Marvel would let it stay separate from the regular Marvel Comics universe? Except maybe for an occasional crossover between the two universes?

I was a fan of the Ultra books. I was hoping for good stuff when Marvel bought the line. Black Knight was shifted there for a bit. It started out fairly interesting but then Marvel shuttered the line, never to be seen again.
    I've loved what I've read of the pre-Marvel Ultraverse, but those books aren't coming back until Scott Mitchell Rosenberg and Gerard Jones shuffle off this mortal coil. The deal Marvel made when they bought Malibu is very... complex.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

I'm interested to write. Alas, for corporate complications...

I'd love to see the Ultraverse return, but, alas, as others have mentioned... it's too complicated to be bound to happen.

Peace

Yes , indeed it is complicated to see them return. Whatever previous circunstances prevent the Ultraverse being rescued from limbo years ago, the lack of interest and the focus on the other media adaptations for Marvel doesn't help to them. To that add the circunstances related to Gerard Jones, one of the Ultraverse architects and you have another nail in the coffin. I thank than we can go losing any hope to ever see the characters to being published again, until they fell under public domain. I mean, the less people learn about the Ultraverse, the less interest would be in to see them published again.

What I most feel sorry the most however it is for Norm Breyfogle, who worked on Prime along with Jones. Maybe there was people who were happy to see than no Prime reeditions would be done, so Jones wasn't benefitied from any royalty, as a punishment. But that hurt Breyfogle and his family, who had to deal with a terminal disease in his last days. And that was the most saddest thing to think about. When punishing a guilty damages an innocent, it is worth? It is justice?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    What I most feel sorry the most however it is for Norm Breyfogle, who worked on Prime along with Jones. Maybe there was people who were happy to see than no Prime reeditions would be done, so Jones wasn't benefitied from any royalty, as a punishment. But that hurt Breyfogle and his family, who had to deal with a terminal disease in his last days. And that was the most saddest thing to think about. When punishing a guilty damages an innocent, it is worth? It is justice?
    It's not like those books are still not floating in bins and Nightman dvds are out there.

I say sell Ultraverse to Scott Mitchell Rosenberg. Since he seems to be the issue. He hasn't done anything since 2008.

Marvel has no use for them since they can't seem to talk about them. I am sure Marvel can get 50 cents for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's not like those books are still not floating in bins and Nightman dvds are out there.

I say sell Ultraverse to Scott Mitchell Rosenberg. Since he seems to be the issue. He hasn't done anything since 2008.

Marvel has no use for them since they can't seem to talk about them. I am sure Marvel can get 50 cents for everything.
    Would they do that? Marvel seems prone to the strategy "we kept them and we don't use them, so others can't use them". Like as with Chris Claremont, but worse.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin