Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Now that I have an answer more in keeping with the topic of the thread: Nightcrawler may not be where he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Also it’s funny how Jean’s speech at the end about no more humans and mutants… just “us”… was completely obliterated by Xavier doing the Krakoa thing.
    She was hopeful and then Dissembled and Age of X happened. We all died a little.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    She was hopeful and then Dissembled and Age of X happened. We all died a little.
    Yeah, Age of xman started with the Xmen still being heroes.

Then after a majority of them disappeared at the beach, the government immediately started clamping down on mutants around the world, pushed out a cure, hunted down, kidnapped and killed mutants.

With no xmen to stand up for them mutants everywhere had a target plastered on them.

It's easy to see why the Xmen, after experiencing a thriving world where mutants aren't being hunted (age of xman) and being reluctant to leave it, come back to see the shit show going down in 616 (they literally had to save Scott and wolverine from giant sentinels immediately they stepped out of the portal), it's easy to see why they would all go with Xaviers plan to band together on an island.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Yeah, Age of xman started with the Xmen still being heroes.

Then after a majority of them disappeared at the beach, the government immediately started clamping down on mutants around the world, pushed out a cure, hunted down, kidnapped and killed mutants.

With no xmen to stand up for them mutants everywhere had a target plastered on them.

It's easy to see why the Xmen, after experiencing a thriving world where mutants aren't being hunted (age of xman) and being reluctant to leave it, come back to see the shit show going down in 616 (they literally had to save Scott and wolverine from giant sentinels immediately they stepped out of the portal), it's easy to see why they would all go with Xaviers plan to band together on an island.
    Exactly right. With the X-Men missing and thought dead, mutants were massacred or thrown into camps at a fever pitch. Some even used as weapons against their own (the transmode-infected NM team plus Strong Guy).
    Jean and the others returning to such a mess is why they were on board with Krakoa from the jump.

I could have seen this worked into the current era. Espcially since most of those charaters didnt do much in the first year aftetr HoXPoX.

If they already knew Hickman was gonna take over and do Krakoa and stuff... it's strange they let Taylor do his Jean Nation stuff.

Even more strange that they act like it never happened now.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    If they already knew Hickman was gonna take over and do Krakoa and stuff... it's strange they let Taylor do his Jean Nation stuff.

Well the continuity was destroyed once Bendis brought the 05 to stay. It is frustrating how storyline/concepts are reused.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post

I believe the concept of this book was done before Hickman got on board, or moved beyond talks. Once Hickman's stuff got approved is when this and all the other stuff was canned, and we got the filler Depression arc that was Dissambled/Age of Nate and Depressing X-Men.

I mean, in universe, the run lasted like a week or so at best? There's not much to reference here beyond, Jean talked to the UN and got framed for murdered and got cleared. It was weirder how the other books at the time largely ignored each other's stories.

As for the OP, I think it would work more organically in the Krakoa era, but not sure it would go all that diffetent. Except maybe lead to something later on.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I believe the concept of this book was done before Hickman got on board, or moved beyond talks. Once Hickman's stuff got approved is when this and all the other stuff was canned, and we got the filler Depression arc that was Dissambled/Age of Nate and Depressing X-Men.

I mean, in universe, the run lasted like a week or so at best? There's not much to reference here beyond, Jean talked to the UN and got framed for murdered and got cleared. It was weirder how the other books at the time largely ignored each other's stories.

As for the OP, I think it would work more organically in the Krakoa era, but not sure it would go all that diffetent. Except maybe lead to something later on.
    "Depressing X-Men" is so appropriate for that run.