Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ronan vs Thanos in the MCU

Ronan has the power stone here. Can Thanos body
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

If this is just default Thanos with no extra stuff; I assume Ronan can just blast him in the face with the Power Stone until he doesn't get up?

Spectacular Member

Probably Ronan with power stone

Yep, that outcome sort of happens when one one is armed with one of the fundamental forces of the universe and another isn't.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm leaning towards Ronan, but there's a non-zero chance that Thanos can grab the Power Stone side of Ronan's hammer and tap into it directly long enough to snap the hammerhead off and return Ronan to his normal levels, at which point Thanos can grab onto the non-Power-Stone section of the hammerhead while he tapdances on Vanilla Ronan's face.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-19-2021 at 06:09 AM.

Ultimate Member

I think Ronan wins this.

We’ve seen folks that got their power from stones (Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel) almost push Thanos sh!t in.

Ronan with a power stone will ultimately be too much for Thanos. Especially a Thanos without any Infinity stone.

this is honestly pretty easy to settle, Thanos without using the gems was at the very very least was being kept from closing his hand by Captain Marvel and couldn't really hurt her. He then takes the power stone by it's lonesome and proceeds to punch her into a new time zone. Should work similarly here. The ONLY real variable is that Ronan has less direct control since he has to use his hammer to manipulate it instead of doing so directly like Thanos but I don't see that making any noticeable change.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I think Ronan wins this.

We’ve seen folks that got their power from stones (Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel) almost push Thanos sh!t in.

Ronan with a power stone will ultimately be too much for Thanos. Especially a Thanos without any Infinity stone.
    For all of Thanos' strength without the gems, we've never seen him come close to, say, razing a planet. The Guardians had to stop Ronan from doing just that with the dance-off.

Plus, when Ronan had the power gem and threatened Thanos, Thanos noped out of there and logged off of Zoom. That's already pretty telling.

That's not to say Thanos can't think of a way to get the gem, but given standard rules, the odds are very slim.

Niffleheim

Thanos washed Hulk without using the stones, how can Ronan the Boy even register in this versus?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Thanos washed Hulk without using the stones, how can Ronan the Boy even register in this versus?
    Because Ronan one-shotted the entire Nova corps and the power stone has on-screen feats of razing a planet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I think it’s sweet that he washed him.

Hulk doesn’t usually get that degree of personal care.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I think it’s sweet that he washed him.

Hulk doesn’t usually get that degree of personal care.
    Eh, he hops through the rain from time to time, and there was that time Fenris dunked him along the sea in front of Asgard.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Eh, he hops through the rain from time to time, and there was that time Fenris dunked him along the sea in front of Asgard.
    Which, frankly, looked pretty refreshing, all things considered.

I guess one could make the argument that Thanos only needs to get a lucky hit in, because while Ronan has an insane output, I don't think his durability was changed with the Power Stone, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I guess one could make the argument that Thanos only needs to get a lucky hit in, because while Ronan has an insane output, I don't think his durability was changed with the Power Stone, was it?
    Well, that gun that Rocket made was supposed to be strong enough to destroy starships and stuff, wasn’t it? And Ronan lolnoped it.