Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Late to the party, but I'm with the majority. For me, it basically comes down to 'Can the Power Stone hurt Thanos?' Because MCU Thanos without the Gauntlet doesn't have an energy projection powers or ranged attacks. He needs to GET to Ronan to try to hit him.

Ronan doesn't really have a lot to show he can manage to outfight Thanos in close, but he doesn't need to - if the Power Stone has the oomph to mess up Thanos, then the big purple guy is never reaching the big blue guy. Ronan showed enough instances of being able to hit areas with attacks that sent everyone flying to tell me he's not going to have a hard time stopping the non-superspeed Thanos from getting close.

Which means he's going to have plenty of time to deploy some kind of powerful attack from the power stone. And if it has the stuff to take out Thanos, then that's all she wrote.

Given that Ronan's hammer with the stone supposedly can essentially kill a planet, I'm pretty cool with him having the capacity to take this one, myself. Mileage, varies, etc.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

@Sharpandpointies, if the question is whether Ronan with the power stone has some kind of directed beam attack, the answer is yes. One powerful enough to one-shot the entire fleet of Nova Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    @Sharpandpointies, if the question is whether Ronan with the power stone has some kind of directed beam attack, the answer is yes. One powerful enough to one-shot the entire fleet of Nova Corps.
    Thanks. ^_^

Then the fight is really, really simple.

Fight starts, Ronan either leads with that or blasts Thanos away to get some distance (if it takes too long to charge up the beam) and THEN does the beam attack.

Lather, rinse, repeat if necessary.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

To be fair, Ronan can probably only destroy a planet by touching the Power Stone to the ground rather than by firing off a beam, considering that his entire game plan was to land on Xandar then touching the Stone to the ground, and is he does that without any spaceships around for himself to escape on, then he's probably going to lose as well if he goes for that option.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair, Ronan can probably only destroy a planet by touching the Power Stone to the ground rather than by firing off a beam, considering that his entire game plan was to land on Xandar then touching the Stone to the ground, and is he does that without any spaceships around for himself to escape on, then he's probably going to lose as well if he goes for that option.
    I get what you're saying, but dude doesn't really need to go all the way up to 'planetary destruction' to wipe out Thanos. ^_^
    Why are we here?