View Poll Results: Which of these movies would you like to watch?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • JJ Abrams/Coates standalone 'black' Superman movie

13 20.00%
  • Supergirl movie with Sasha Calle

15 23.08%
  • Jon Kent Superman movie

9 13.85%
  • Solo Superman movie starring Henry Cavill

40 61.54%
  • None of these (suggest alternatives in the comments)

15 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'm intrigued by the JJ Abrams/Coates SM project. I don't mind either Calvin or a racebent Clark or whatever this movie will turn out to be about if it'll get made.

Curious about Sasha's Supergirl, hope they don't make her origin too convoluted with some multiversal nonsense.

If Cavill should get a solo, let's shake up things for him and get him adventuring in space or fight ghosts and monsters in the phantom zone.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

JJ abrams/coates and jon kent superman.i have no interest in a savior...Thereby mainstream superman
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Superboy meets the Legion.

Similar in tone to the Shazam movie.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'm intrigued by the JJ Abrams/Coates SM project. I don't mind either Calvin or a racebent Clark or whatever this movie will turn out to be about if it'll get made.

Curious about Sasha's Supergirl, hope they don't make her origin too convoluted with some multiversal nonsense.

If Cavill should get a solo, let's shake up things for him and get him adventuring in space or fight ghosts and monsters in the phantom zone.
    I was pondering the exact same thing months ago. Have Superman trapped in the Phantom Zone toward the first act of the story. But instead of being a desolate wasteland, he's inside Brainiac's ship. Brainiac having been trapped in the PZ by Jor-El for being a general threat to the galaxy. It puts Superman in a vulnerable position, as the PZ is like a safe. It can only be opened from the outside. Factor in the other occupants in the PZ; Faora, the other Zod followers, the Kryptonian Doomsday, Imperiex etc. Supes makes a decision to trust Brainiac because he's initially friendly, knows a lot about Krypton, knows a lot about the zone and has a plan for escape. It isn't until later that Supes learns Brainiac is a genocidal machine. Similar to how he learned the truth of Brainiac in Superman TAS through the memory orbs of all the places Brainiac had been.

Supes then has to fight to keep Brainiac inside his prison, while Brainiac is fighting to escape and continue his reign of terror. Brainiac of course, escapes and leaves Supes trapped inside. With no plan or resources for a second escape. If you ever seen the Tron animated show. Something like that would be my ideal scenario of Superman meeting Brainiac for the first time on the big screen.

A parallel dimension/Into the Spider-Verse/Into the Negative Zone story for Superman would be right on time. It's something that's not being done by a lot of IPs. So it looks fresh.

Because you definitely want to avoid the alternatives.
    You can't do Brainiac was built on Earth. Ultron (MCU), the Sentinels (X-Men), the Terminators and Sentinels and Agents (the Matrix) are all examples of genocidal machines built on Earth.
    Alien invasion movies are a dime a dozen. X-Men , MCU, DCEU, Stat Trek, Pacific Rim, Edge of Tomorrow, Transformers etc.

I'd gladly take a Cavill Superman movie as long as it's not Snyder who's directing it. Just like with the X-Men franchise, I thought the casting in Man of Steel was amazing. They just...needed a better movie.

Aside from that, a straight up Superfamily movie would be nice. Get 'em all involved. Clark, Conner, Kara, Jon (The real one, please. Not the Clark replacement we have now), Steel and/or Natasha.

Probably out of the realm of possibility since most of these characters would likely have to be introduced in separate movies first. But if they could make it happen, I'd be all for it. ****, I'd even settle for it being one of those lesser known animated movies.

Extraordinary Member

I'd rather Cavill never played the character again. He's got a wide range of expressions, ranging from wishing he was in some other movie, to really, really constipated and trying hard to poop. He's got the charisma of an old fashioned wooden cigar store Native American.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I'd rather Cavill never played the character again. He's got a wide range of expressions, ranging from wishing he was in some other movie, to really, really constipated and trying hard to poop. He's got the charisma of an old fashioned wooden cigar store Native American.
    Not seen him in Superman role…but think he’s good in Netflix’s The Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I was pondering the exact same thing months ago. Have Superman trapped in the Phantom Zone toward the first act of the story. But instead of being a desolate wasteland, he's inside Brainiac's ship. Brainiac having been trapped in the PZ by Jor-El for being a general threat to the galaxy. It puts Superman in a vulnerable position, as the PZ is like a safe. It can only be opened from the outside. Factor in the other occupants in the PZ; Faora, the other Zod followers, the Kryptonian Doomsday, Imperiex etc. Supes makes a decision to trust Brainiac because he's initially friendly, knows a lot about Krypton, knows a lot about the zone and has a plan for escape. It isn't until later that Supes learns Brainiac is a genocidal machine. Similar to how he learned the truth of Brainiac in Superman TAS through the memory orbs of all the places Brainiac had been.

Supes then has to fight to keep Brainiac inside his prison, while Brainiac is fighting to escape and continue his reign of terror. Brainiac of course, escapes and leaves Supes trapped inside. With no plan or resources for a second escape. If you ever seen the Tron animated show. Something like that would be my ideal scenario of Superman meeting Brainiac for the first time on the big screen.

Braniac as an actual major foe in the movie. That's better than just fighting random ghosts and monsters in the PZ.

A parallel dimension/Into the Spider-Verse/Into the Negative Zone story for Superman would be right on time. It's something that's not being done by a lot of IPs. So it looks fresh.

Because you definitely want to avoid the alternatives.
    You can't do Brainiac was built on Earth. Ultron (MCU), the Sentinels (X-Men), the Terminators and Sentinels and Agents (the Matrix) are all examples of genocidal machines built on Earth.
    Alien invasion movies are a dime a dozen. X-Men , MCU, DCEU, Stat Trek, Pacific Rim, Edge of Tomorrow, Transformers etc.
    This is exactly what the franchise needs. Something fresh and never done before, especially with Supes himself.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    He also has a pretty boss mustache... oh wait, no he doesn't...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I don’t see what other people see in Cavill, dude is a mediocre actor with a very tepid performance as Superman. But I voted “other” because none of the ones listed have me excited, I’m more excited for Gunn’s TSS and (God help me) The Batman than anything else. Shazam 2 as well, Aquaman I’m expecting to be another dump fun romp I’ll enjoy but I’m not obsessing over it.

Speaking of Gunn though:

They really wanted him to do Superman at some point. Wonder if it was with Cavill or if they wanted a reboot like Abrams/Coates?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Speaking of Gunn though:

They really wanted him to do Superman at some point. Wonder if it was with Cavill or if they wanted a reboot like Abrams/Coates?
    It was likely the same deal he had for SS:

Gunn: "When Warner Bros. said they wanted me to do this, I watched the first movie for the first time, and I called them back and said, what do I have to keep from this movie? And they said, nothing. They said, listen, we would love it if Margot's in the movie but she doesn't have to be. You could come up with all new characters or you could keep all the same characters."
    https://collider.com/james-gunn-the-...margot-robbie/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It was likely the same deal he had for SS:

Gunn: "When Warner Bros. said they wanted me to do this, I watched the first movie for the first time, and I called them back and said, what do I have to keep from this movie? And they said, nothing. They said, listen, we would love it if Margot's in the movie but she doesn't have to be. You could come up with all new characters or you could keep all the same characters."
    https://collider.com/james-gunn-the-...margot-robbie/
    Would love to know someday what Gunn would do with Superman. I certainly don't think he'd be doing a retread of the ground covered by Donner (which, to a certain extent, is what Snyder did, with a very different sensibility).

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Would love to know someday what Gunn would do with Superman. I certainly don't think he'd be doing a retread of the ground covered by Donner (which, to a certain extent, is what Snyder did, with a very different sensibility).
    I think he was interested to do something with Krypto. So, Superman and his best pal adventures.

BANNED

Superman: rebirth

Superman is torn between his desire to fit in with humanity and his duty to become a champion of the oppressed as president Luthor orders Superman, now a government-sanctioned superhero, to not look into the activities of the klan of the fiery cross under the potential penalty of the government exposing his secret identity, citing the need to preserve Superman’s image as a bipartisan superhero. This dilemma is infinitely complicated because Superman has a wife and son who could be targeted by his enemies, leading to a situation where his son’s life would be upended and his wife’s career would be destroyed. Superman realizes that his desire to live a normal life should never come at the expense of his principles, and that the world needs Superman more than Lois and Jon needs his protection.

Backstory to the film: Superman was a champion of the oppressed who took down corrupt politicians and megacorporations. His disarmament of nuclear-armed nations at the height of his advocacy inspiring a global peace movement calling for radical change on a social and economic level. However, immediately after his quest for peace, Darkseid captures and brainwashes Superman to lead his invasion of the earth, only to be saved by the Justice League as Superman subsequently returns to Apokolips and humiliates the Dark Lord. The optics of disarming the human race immediately before leading an invasion fosters a vicious backlash, Superman becoming a pariah as The Peace Movement he inspired falls apart. Superman, desiring to regain the people's trust, signs a loyalty oath with the United States Government.

Soundtrack by John Williams if he is alive and willing, soundtrack by Michael giacchino if he is dead or unwilling.

Villains: Matt Riggs’s Metallo, superior-man(bizarro), and president Luthor

Storylines inspiring the film: identity crisis episode from Superman TAS, truth revealed, smashes the klan, the Superman rebirth run, iron giant, and donnerverse/all-star/pre-crisis Superman
    Last edited by kryptonian; 07-16-2021 at 12:25 PM.

As some would say "Superman never got a good movie after 1980", and I can understand why they don't think highly of Superman Returns, which I think is good for large chunks of it. The main Superman is in bigger need of a great new movie than any of the other projects.

I don't know how the Supergirl will turn out, she could hopefully be a fun character, or a bland uninteresting new character that is not properly utilized. I hope for the former and would love to see a movie like that, but I don't think it should be an alternative to having a new Superman movie.

I guess at this point the J.J Abrams produced one could be hypothetical until further notice. I'd be ok with it as an animated movie or a one and done deal, but I'm not infatuated with the idea of him being the main live action Superman.

Jon Kent can be the same as above.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage