Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Should Superman comics incorporate some elements of Superman&Lois tv show?

Like him having more than one child? Or having a half brother?

I have wondered if those elements would be included down the road.
    I have in the past speculated if Jordan would be brought into the comics. I think a lot of people would prefer Lois have a baby in real comic time next time, with the pregnancy and watching the child grow up happening slowly since we didn't get that with Jon - and a lot of people want Clark and Lois to have a daughter.
    Bringing Jordan in could be done in the next cosmic reboot, but I think we're all weary of those.

Nothing against incorporating elements from other medias, buas much as I like Superman & Lois, so far they didn't introduced anything I would like to see in the comics.

If, they ever give Superman another child, imo, it should be a girl, but right now any new heir will be secondary to Jon since he have his own comic.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I find the TV shows tend to do a better job with the character than the comics anyway. But they also aren't bogged down with the continuity issues the comics are. Whereas the shows can pick and choose what they want to keep and throw out. The problem with the comics is they don't have the option of starting from scratch the way adaptations do. I also think the show is the only version of him having a kid that works. Neither one of the boys are actual costumed heroes while Clark is allowed the freedom to go around the world when he is needed. He and Lois work from home. I don't see either one quitting the Planet in the comics. The boys have their school issues that don't require supervillains to create tension. Superman works best when he works alone. Having him having to keep track of a sidekick doesn't really work for me.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

I'm hoping the show doesn't turn the boys into costumed heroes. I love Clark as a solo hero and the boys can just live and grow accustomed into their developing powers. I realise this set up doesn’t work in comics. It's one of the things that I didn't appreciate with the Super Sons concept, Jon superheroing too soon. The book was fine but I was not overly thrilled over a 10 year old fighting bad guys.

Clark and Lois having another child, a girl is the most likely even though I like the idea of Jordan.

As for Tal-Rho, that's dependent on how the season ends. For years DC was obsessed in keeping Clark as the sole surviving Kryptonian, often walking back things like new Krypton divorcing Conner Kent from the super family etc, like they are allergic to more Kryptonians interacting with Kal. I truly hope those days are over, I'm not obsessed with Kal being the "Last Son" of Krypton, whatever that means these days. I mean I love that title for Clark for when it was appropriate to use but unfortunately it isn't so accurate these days.

I'm actually kind of hoping Natalie from Iron's universe crosses over to Earth 1 so that they can have a sister. It would also create great story tension having her "mom" be married to the guy who killed her.
    Assassinate Putin!

Maybe.

I don't hate the show but I haven't seen anything I felt like we really need to port over to the comics. The only thing I'd use is Kyle Cushing as I'd model Pete after him. It would give him a defined perspective and a role he currently lacks. It also sets him apart from Jimmy and makes them foils for each other.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-11-2021 at 11:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

No since they'd just rush it anyway. Comics dont really have a chill when it comes to kids. Either you are off panel forever or you are instantly aged up where they can turn you into a hero and tell generic storylines about you instead of really delving deep into the interesting ones.

I thought about giving Teen Jon Jordan's anxiety issues. It's a stronger consequence to the timeskip, a more interesting form of kryptonite and a chance for mental health representation.

Maybe you could do a one-shot where Jon grew up without superpowers? It could be an alternate universe.

I'd rather they just make a Superman & Lois comic.
    Assassinate Putin!

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Considering Superman has been largely influenced by outside media of his adaptations more than likely yes. It's just a matter of what idea catches on.

Nah. Like Smallville, let it be its own self contained thing. Also like Smallville they could always do a specific comic adaptation at some point as well.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-11-2021 at 01:23 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Nah. Like Smallville, let it be its own self contained thing. Also like Smallville they could always do a specific comic adaptation at some point as well.
    I definitely do not mind a self contained comic.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Generally speaking I'd prefer to have the show as a stand alone entry in the overall Superman mythos. However, if they were to incorporate some stuff to the comics side of things, I wouldn't mind seeing the alternate Earth Steel. Could be some cool stories that stem from that, starting with what he had going on after we last saw him saying he wanted to just wander and explore.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

The way they handled the Lois & Clark relationship from the beginning through his reveal & their engagement was excellent. That should be incorporated because it threaded the needle for the triangle in a modern context spectacularly. 9 out of 10 comic writers could never stick that landing today the way they did. They should crib that without question.