Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default R.I.P. Robson Rocha

Very sad news.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dc-com...tent=algorithm

Rising DC Comics star Robson Rocha has passed away. Sunday afternoon, word began circulating on social media of the artist's passing after an extended battle with COVID-19.

That's awful! I think I read about them organizing a fundraiser to help him .

RIP Mr. Rocha. Thank you for all your artistic contributions and the amazing art you delivered. You will be missed.

Damn. I really liked his art. My condolences to his family and loved ones.

Always Rakzo

Oh my God. This is terrible. Rocha was a fantastic artist that got better with each new work.

Very sad news. Rest in Peace.

This are sad news. He will be missed.

Crap. So young.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

A shame! R.I.P.

Peace

Very sad news. All the lives COVID has taken RIP

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I didn't know him personally, but we've had a lot of friends in common. My Twitter feed right now is heart breaking, filled with stories about three great guy he was and sadness over his loss. This is very, very sad.

All you guys out there, keep taking care of yourselves.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member

incredibly sad news. RIP, Mr. Rocha. You were a one in a million talent.

I can't believe I will never see new arts from him, he was one of the best new artists of these last few years for me

RIP

He was only in his 20s, right? Nobody should die so young.

And isn't his country Brazil's president a denier, meaning vaccine take up is really low there? Let this be a lesson - if you haven't been jabbed, get it done!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Rest in Peace Robson Rocha, your art was amazing.

@Digifiend, yeah, I think he was Brazilian... and Bolsonaro's still denying Covid-19's danger. That man's a bastard, and to think he got were he was thanks to corrupt judges... it's infuriating. Just imagine if he hadn't been the president, all the deaths which could have been prevented in Brazil !

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

And isn't his country Brazil's president a denier, meaning vaccine take up is really low there? Let this be a lesson - if you haven't been jabbed, get it done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Rest in Peace Robson Rocha, your art was amazing.

@Digifiend, yeah, I think he was Brazilian... and Bolsonaro's still denying Covid-19's danger. That man's a bastard, and to think he got were he was thanks to corrupt judges... it's infuriating. Just imagine if he hadn't been the president, all the deaths which could have been prevented in Brazil !
    As a Brazilian, I have to say, you guys have no idea what's going on here, and you probably never will, however it's not your fault, and that is one of the biggest problems we face here. Brazil is comming out of at least 15 years of extreme leftist rule (maybe more, but that's arguable), by the Worker's Party, whose leader, Lula, was impriosoned for multiple counts of corruprtion, and then set free by a Supreeme Court whose majority of Justices (we call them Ministers) were nominated by his party. The Worker's Party basically made corruption it's form of governing, buying out most of our three powers, and the big press (already majorly leftist, and willing to play along). Bolsonaro was the truck nobody saw comming. Basically a right-wing (which, for our leftist press is extreme right-wing, since they consider a social-democratic party to be right-wing) lower tier congressman who nobody thought would go all the way (it helped that he suffered an attempt against his life early in the run, diverting a bit the opposition's fire-power). Bolsonaro started out with a technical first tier cabinet, reducing a lot the size of the state, and, although the media provides us with a tip a day, we still haven't had any substantieated cases of corruption in the top tier of his government (something that previously was very common). He also cut a lot of the governmental funds to the big media (crazy, I know, but that's Brazil for you), which is part of the reason it has pratically declared war on him (which, I'm sorry to say, he seems to enjoy and stimulate, which makes it very exhausting to be a Brazilian nowadays, never knowing what or who you can trust with the information you recieve.You always have to double or triple check every bit of news you get, something that most people, who usually just read the headlines, understandably don't do). As for the pandemic, I don't approve a lot of the way he handled the situation (IMHO, the government's largest problem is its communication. Internal and with the general public), but he is not a denier, as you say (such a pretty word), nor against vaccine (Brazil is the third country to most vacinate in all the world, and our vaccines are purchased exclusively by the Federal government), however, as a Third World country, recovering from the almost bankrupt state the Worker's Party left us, the economy was a huge priority for him, and he was against the horizontal isolation, prefering a vertical one (priorizing the risk groups) which would not immobilize our economy. However, our Supreme Court, still working actively in favor of the left-wing partys that have ruled Brazil for the last 40 or so years, and who put the Justices there, took away the power to make decisions about the pandemic from the Federal government and placed it in the hands of the state and municipal governments (in Brazil things work very differently than in the USA. Just for starters, we have over 40 political parties currently active, and they share among themselves the state and municipal goverments), effectively reducing the Federal government to a money vault. And the Federal government DID send a LOT of money to the states and municipalities, a lot of it, diverted by corrupt local officials. So, the over 500.000 (and there is a lot of dispute if those numbers are not overinflated) dead rest on the shoulders of the state and municipal governments, not of the Federal (as much as they would like us to belive otherwise). A populist, as are MOST of Brazil's politicians, Bolsonaro also believed, or claimed to believe, that he could not loose touch with the people, and so was constantly promoting large gatherings with his public appearences (much like Trump, which he considered a valuable ally. I won't touch on that), in most of them, he was unmasked, having already contracted the virus and defending alternative and advanced treatments, something that, IMHO, made sense considering that we live in a society in which 80% (of a population of over 220 million) work one day to earn it's keep for the very next day, and, as such, cannot stay at home, saving lives, and watching Netflix and ordering Ifood (I, myself, as a freelancer, was without work for about six months, and, thankfully, my family only survived rather unaffectedly, because my wife works at a big company, and was able to keep her job and work from home. Thankfully, the general situation of my particular market has since addapted and is now fairly normal). So, the situation we have now is a corrupt justice system, a majorly center-left-wing congress, the vast majority of the state and municipal governments in the opposing side, with their own political interests, and a big media on the verge of going bankrupt, and losing concessions, seeing that, if the pandemic goes away, as it seems to be doing, and Bolsonaro manages to recover the economy, as it seems he is going to have time to do, he'll be basically unbeatable in the next election (2022). So, it's all-out war. While many would call me a Bolsonarista or Bolsominion (supporters of Bolsonaro), simply for not being deadset against him (part of the "Ele Não" - "Not Him"), I'm not that much of a supporter of his. I disagree a lot with him, mostly about his personal posture as a President, which has basically remained the same as when he was a lowly congressman (which, I have to admit, is what appeals to a large portion of his electorate). However, he has some very competent people at his side, such as the Economy Minister, the Infrastructure Minister, the Agriculture Minister, the Science and Technology Minister, etc..., and I think it's time we tried something different than what we've been doing for the last 40 or so years. Bolsonaro is not what we need nor what we want, however, he is what we have, and he has a large part of the Brazilian perople at his side, even if the media does it's best to deny this.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 07-12-2021 at 11:20 AM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He was 41, and is survived by his wife an infant daughter.

Yes, our president is a denier, corrupt, theocratical, dictatorship lover and advocate, who pushed hidroxiclrochine into the population while trying to shave money off the purchase of vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

[SNIP]

Peace
    DISCLAIMER: I'm writing this post as myself: I'm a 40 year old brazilian man, I've been heavilly involved in politics all my life (my mother was actually involved in the redemocratization of this country back in 84 to 85), I actually been in union meetings and party foundings since I was five. I follow politics really closely, and consider myself a center-oriented person.

I will also make a request to the mods to erase all political discussion from this thread out of respect as soon as possible.

And I will also apologize for the crude language.

But this post above mine: this is fucking bullshit.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

To anyone interested: Brazil has not been led left leaning people for 40 years. It got out of a military dictatorship in 85, had 2 far right presidents (the second one was impeached), followed by his center right vice president, then another center-right one, then we went left, and after 13 years we got a coup-styled impeachment that threw was right again and then into now, which is down right fascism. This is not the place to have a discussion on the specifics, but I will gladly explain everything to anyone interested who reaches out to me. The culprit here is that our president is a monster - and a really stupid one - and this is all his fault. All of Brazil's half a million deaths.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

@Nomads1: Robson died of his second Covid infection. He should have been vaccinated a long time ago, and he wasn't because Bolsonaro wanted to make money of vaccine. So while his wife and daughter are alone now, Bolsonaro will keep acting as clorochine poster-boy, putting masks out of people's faces, buying mansions for his piece of shit sons and parading in motorcycles.

This thread is meant to pay respects to someone who died too soon, when he didn't need to, and who left a huge hole in his friends and family life.

This is not the place to post shallow political analysis, act as an apologist for a neo facist government and, specially, to defend the motherfucker directly responsible for said passing.

Have some respect for people's pain.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Rest in peace and condolences to his family. His work on Aquaman was great. I still see 41 as a young age to go.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?