Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    What if... Kindred is the clone and he needs serum to not suffer from degeneration? Or maybe the serum is for another Harry. Many possibilities...
    Could do. But you'd think a "demon" wouldn't need such a thing. That serum issue is the one thing I just can't come up with a legit story reason for.

Another thing that is bugging me. The Chameleon said in the end of Hunted after Kraven's funeral, "You needn't worry. The world is no longer your burden. Besides, there won't be much of it left soon...Not by the time I've finished." Well, Chameleon hasn't exactly made good on that, has he?

Other than that, I agree with your initial theory. Especially the "confession part". It struck me why Harry/Kindred didn't just say what he wanted Peter to say/realize. The fact he legitimately couldn't do so as a "demon" of sorts is something that never crossed my mind.

I don't think clones will factor into this.

That being said, it's hard to see where the serum thing fits. Why would an extremely powerful demonic entity need a serum from a regular human?

Well, it depends what kind of Serum it is.
    Maybe it has something to do with Harry's dead body?

Let's think about it - Ned Leeds miraculously came back to life because of the Goblin Serum. If i'm not mistaken, the formula Kingsley gave him, was a bit different from Harry's and Norman one. What if the Serum in question, is the Serum that Ned took? Maybe Kindred wants to use it on his dead body, to somehow come back to life?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Could do. But you'd think a "demon" wouldn't need such a thing. That serum issue is the one thing I just can't come up with a legit story reason for.

Another thing that is bugging me. The Chameleon said in the end of Hunted after Kraven's funeral, "You needn't worry. The world is no longer your burden. Besides, there won't be much of it left soon...Not by the time I've finished." Well, Chameleon hasn't exactly made good on that, has he?

Other than that, I agree with your initial theory. Especially the "confession part". It struck me why Harry/Kindred didn't just say what he wanted Peter to say/realize. The fact he legitimately couldn't do so as a "demon" of sorts is something that never crossed my mind.
    Not yet, though he does seem to be playing the long game. I was hoping his partnership with Norah Winters would be the explanation for how Threats and Menaces got a "livestreaming" suit for Spider-Man, but alas . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Well, it depends what kind of Serum it is.
    Maybe it has something to do with Harry's dead body?

Let's think about it - Ned Leeds miraculously came back to life because of the Goblin Serum. If i'm not mistaken, the formula Kingsley gave him, was a bit different from Harry's and Norman one. What if the Serum in question, is the Serum that Ned took? Maybe Kindred wants to use it on his dead body, to somehow come back to life?
    No go. Ned learned that he was being set up by Kingsley to be his fall guy so, while he was in Germany, he travelled to one of Norman's estates and found a serum there. He ingested it, figured it didn't work, got ambushed, died and the serum activated upon his death. So I doubt it is that.

Besides, if Kindred wanted such serums, he would know where to get them already. Otherwise why not just get some from Norman? He also has Harry there, wouldn't be a stretch to get info from him either.

No, that serum has to be related to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    No go. Ned learned that he was being set up by Kingsley to be his fall guy so, while he was in Germany, he travelled to one of Norman's estates and found a serum there. He ingested it, figured it didn't work, got ambushed, died and the serum activated upon his death. So I doubt it is that.

Besides, if Kindred wanted such serums, he would know where to get them already. Otherwise why not just get some from Norman? He also has Harry there, wouldn't be a stretch to get info from him either.

No, that serum has to be related to something else.
    Ah, right. I was writing under the impression, that Kingsley gave the serum to Ned, my mistake.

I still think, that Kindred's main goal is to be saved/resurrected. I don't think his intentions are pure, he killed Stromm and that Psychiatrist, but somehow Peter's and Norman's confession are a big part of this. Maybe Harry's got a deal with Mephisto - if Peter remembers the deal, he gets his life back?

Maybe he wants to push Peter over the edge, like in Back in Black? Making the situation so bad, that Peter loses all hope? Maybe then something unlocks in his mind, and he remembers.

Digging graves of Your loved ones and setting Sinister Battle royale certainly could push Peter. Heck, he even died a few times.
    Last edited by Dzika_Sowa; 07-16-2021 at 01:46 AM.

My take on the serum is that Kindred is giving it to OMD Harry to keep his appearance. He is really a chameleon. That was one of the reasons for the chameleon conspiracy storyline.

Astonishing Member

Ah, right. I was writing under the impression, that Kingsley gave the serum to Ned, my mistake.

I still think, that Kindred's main goal is to be saved/resurrected. I don't think his intentions are pure, he killed Stromm and that Psychiatrist, but somehow Peter's and Norman's confession are a big part of this. Maybe Harry's got a deal with Mephisto - if Peter remembers the deal, he gets his life back?

Maybe he wants to push Peter over the edge, like in Back in Black? Making the situation so bad, that Peter loses all hope? Maybe then something unlocks in his mind, and he remembers.

Digging graves of Your loved ones and setting Sinister Battle royale certainly could push Peter. Heck, he even died a few times.
    I do not think that is KindredÂ’s game. Kindred is aware of OMD, and he is also aware that Peter does not know ( if he really wants Peter to know he could have told and ( or) showed him. No this is just another way to play with PeterÂ’s mind. Remember The biggest fear that people have is not the known but the unknown. What do I think Kindred really wants? It is torture ( remember he killed Peter and still brought him back). I actually think it is to see Peter as a basket case locked away in the rubber room at Ravencroft, which would allow Kindred to sit back and laugh at PeterÂ’s situation.I will say this: If I am correct, this would make Kindred the worst primary enemy of PeterÂ’s ( Mephisto is not a primary enemy of PeterÂ’s), replacing Norman and Cletus. Why? The primary objective of those two is not to torture (ex: Cletus is to kill). That alone makes him worse:

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I've actually been reading the run again because I forgot most of it. My view is that Kindred is ticked off that Peter made a deal with Mephisto to save Aunt May but the idea never crossed Peter's mind to make a deal to save George Stacy, Gwen, Harry, Flash or anyone else who died. Your theory is better but this is Marvel - I don't expect much effort to be put in the reveal.
    Other than Gwen, why would Harry care about those people?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Other than Gwen, why would Harry care about those people?
    The answer is he does not. Why is he doing it? Lunatics and ( or) criminals use any excuse possible to justify their actions. In the case of Harry it is blaming Norman and ( or) Peter for his actions. Is Norman a terrible father? Absolutely. But plenty of kids come from broken homes but turn out okay. Harry is simply no good.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The answer is he does not. Why is he doing it? Lunatics and ( or) criminals use any excuse possible to justify their actions. In the case of Harry it is blaming Norman and ( or) Peter for his actions. Is Norman a terrible father? Absolutely. But plenty of kids come from broken homes but turn out okay. Harry is simply no good.
    The thing with Harry is... he may very well have a reason to be enraged with Peter, if OMD was the reason he ended up in Hell. But the methods he's used to get at Peter, the killing... digging up the corpses of Peters loved ones... threatening to kill Peters allies... who knows what else? The blood is thick on his hands, and hopefully on his next soon to be return trip to Hell, it'll be Harrys own actions that will have sent him there. Blame Peter, Blame Norman... Harry is simply a bad apple.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    oh better yet, all of the clones were actually bred by the best cloner on the planet....Mr. Sinister, making this a TRUE Sinister War!
    My goodness this sounds so amazing I’ll be ENRAAAaGED when it inevitably doesn’t happen.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud