Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Comic book writers used Nazis as a gimmick in the 1940s. WW even reformed one (albeit via retcon). And it's not necessarily "normalizing" to highlight horrific events in the the present in a comic. Admittedly, though, I have no faith in Azz to do it.

I don't know Wild Dog - never heard of the character before today. But I really, really hate heroes (or good guy supporting characters) made evil as a general rule.
    Well, Nazis were still a foreign enemy army (even before the true nature of their atrocities were revealed and they became an almost universal byword for evil).

In this case we're talking about an event on American soil, with American citizens involved. The political discource surrounding the event remains contentious, and it is a highly divisive issue. So yeah, its probably not wise to use it as a gimmick so soon, at a time when the country still hasn't come to grips with what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    In this case we're talking about an event on American soil, with American citizens involved. The political discource surrounding the event remains contentious, and it is a highly divisive issue. So yeah, its probably not wise to use it as a gimmick so soon, at a time when the country still hasn't come to grips with what happened.
    Marvel put out a Captain America series fighting terrorists in a post-9/11 setting not even a year after the WTC fell.

Stuff like this isn't exactly new.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Comic book writers used Nazis as a gimmick in the 1940s. WW even reformed one (albeit via retcon). And it's not necessarily "normalizing" to highlight horrific events in the the present in a comic. Admittedly, though, I have no faith in Azz to do it.

I don't know Wild Dog - never heard of the character before today. But I really, really hate heroes (or good guy supporting characters) made evil as a general rule.
    They had to retcon Paula into being a woman who was kidnapped and coerced into working for the Nazis instead of being one. I also wouldn't use an example of what was done in the 1940s WW comics given how badly much of it has aged.