Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Non-Big 7 Characters that Could be the Lead of a DCEU Movie Franchise

Title kind of says it all. Basically, what are the characters that are not the obvious ones you'd expect to get a movie that you think should get a movie.

This is different I think from the thread I posted a little while back cuz just because you're excited for a character to debut in the DCEU doesn't mean they could support a whole movie franchise. Like, I don't think Catman could have a whole movie franchise about him alone, even if I really want him to show up in the movies.

So, I'll go first:

- Animal Man - SO. MUCH. POTENTIAL. Since Doom Patrol has proven a hit for HBO Max and is well-received by fans, why not adapt some of Morrison's Animal Man for the silver screen? I think moviegoers should be treated to some of that weirdness and bring it to a more mainstream audience.

- Justice Society - Somewhat like the JLA, but obviously NOT the JLA. I think it's about time Hollywood combated ageist steretypes by showing some older superheroes kicking butt.

- Legion of Superheroes - Obviously, they'd need to build up to this, but it would be glorious

- Black Lightning - I'd like to see the character get some love outside of the CW.

I imagine they’ll be watching to see how Black Adam does to see about doing a JSA spin-off.

Justice League International is a no brainer.

I have to imagine they’re planning something for Supergirl, whether it be a solo movie or another Justice League attempt.
    Last edited by Holt; 07-12-2021 at 12:57 AM.

Spectacular Member

Green Arrow - This character is in a tough spot because his political aspect would alienate him from a slice of the audience leading to potentially lower box office but I think the character has heaps of potential.

Black Canary - She's my favourite female hero and one of my favourites overall I think she makes sense as a tough badass female movie lead.

Hawkman/Hawkgirl - Super popular characters that make sense to get a movie.

Blue Beetle - A blue beetle movie starring Jamie with Ted supporting ala Ant-Man is a no brainer (yes I know there's a hbo max project coming but I have no faith in DC to actually make the projects they announce. Also this should definitely be a film franchise).

Nightwing - A classic coming of age story with one of the most popular DC characters. It's a genius move that could lead to a Titans spinoff

Titans - This team should be one of the premier superhero teams instead of just being a junior JL. These characters shouldn't just be reserve members for the Justice League and be their own team.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I imagine they’ll be watching to see how Black Adam does to see about doing a JSA spin-off.

Justice League International is a no brainer.

I have to imagine they’re planning something for Supergirl, whether it be a solo movie or another Justice League attempt.
    Honestly, they're playing it safe and missing a bet there. Another thing with Supergirl, yawn. But they could have done SG, but with a twist, and not as familiar to non comic book fans, with Power Girl. Still SG enough to satisfy that urge, but able to go in directions and in places WB could never put SG into, but still nearish to what 's expected from SG.

Ray Freaking Palmer!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Green Arrow - This character is in a tough spot because his political aspect would alienate him from a slice of the audience leading to potentially lower box office but I think the character has heaps of potential.

Black Canary - She's my favourite female hero and one of my favourites overall I think she makes sense as a tough badass female movie lead.

Hawkman/Hawkgirl - Super popular characters that make sense to get a movie.

Blue Beetle - A blue beetle movie starring Jamie with Ted supporting ala Ant-Man is a no brainer (yes I know there's a hbo max project coming but I have no faith in DC to actually make the projects they announce. Also this should definitely be a film franchise).

Nightwing - A classic coming of age story with one of the most popular DC characters. It's a genius move that could lead to a Titans spinoff

Titans - This team should be one of the premier superhero teams instead of just being a junior JL. These characters shouldn't just be reserve members for the Justice League and be their own team.
    Arrow has shown the way when it comes to adapting Green Arrow without the politics. The trick is to make him apolitical as far as partisan politics goes, but to lean into the idea of him focusing on helping ordinary people deal with street-level problems and threats, as opposed to other heroes who spend all their time fighting super-villains and alien invasions.

Oliver doesn't need to go around calling cops ''blue fascists'' and calling himself a ''social justice warrior'' - but he can spend his time taking down corrupt businessmen and politicians, drug lords, human traffickers, and other all too real dangers.

That said, I wouldn't mind a movie delving into Oliver's time as mayor, simply to showcase the dichotomy of a vigilante also being the establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Oliver doesn't need to go around calling cops ''blue fascists'' and calling himself a ''social justice warrior'' - but he can spend his time taking down corrupt businessmen and politicians, drug lords, human traffickers, and other all too real dangers.
    He does have a particular set of skills...

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Green Arrow
    The Ray
    Black Lightning
    Manhunter (Kate)
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

A John Wick style Jason Todd/Red Hood franchise could easily work.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Plastic Man

The Outsiders

Blue Beetle (Jamie)

Static
    "Cable was right!"

Vixen, all day, every day.

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Mighty Member

Considering the possibilities of CGI, I think the Metal Men could make for a fun movie.

Vixen

Hawkman

Black Lightning (& The Outsiders)

Katana

Lady Shiva, Bronze Tiger, and Richard Dragon
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    A John Wick style Jason Todd/Red Hood franchise could easily work.
    I didn't even know I needed this in my life Thank you!

Boisterously Confused

I guess it depends on who you consider to comprise The Big 7. Steering well clear of the obvious candidates, I'd think Guardian and (an updated version of) The Newsboy Legion could work, particularly if you riffed on YJ-S3 and posed the kids as amateur news bloggers.