Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Firestorm!
    This times fifty

Definitely agree about the JSA and hopefully Black Adam will make that a reality. Also...

Teen Titans
    Martian Manhunter
    Deathstroke
    Nightwing
    Spectre

Extraordinary Member

Hamada is bring us Justice league dark
    Give it to me
    Zatanna
    Madame Xanadu. - Wonder Woman
    Constantine - Raven
    Swamp thing. - Damian Wayne
    Etrigan / Deadman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I guess it depends on who you consider to comprise The Big 7. Steering well clear of the obvious candidates, I'd think Guardian and (an updated version of) The Newsboy Legion could work, particularly if you riffed on YJ-S3 and posed the kids as amateur news bloggers.
    Exactly, I mean who would you really consider as the big 7? Now that Aquaman is in the fray, the last candidate is it Martian Manhunter or Cyborg? Neither would I consider to be able to be a lead of a franchise.
    Although I would say Shazam proved that he was able to spin off black Adam and the justice society. Suicide Squad was also surprisingly able to hold its own weight and I would think Justice League Dark.

Extraordinary Member

I can't believe this didn't occur to me sooner, but....LOBO. Obviously.

Though, maybe Lobo would be better served as the subject of an HBO Max miniseries set in the DCEU.

Of course, other than that...The New Gods. IMO, it was a big mistake for WB to cancel their plans for a New Gods film. Ava DeVurney and Tom King would have made for a dynamic duo and I would have loved to see that film.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 07-13-2021 at 10:39 PM.

Incredible Member

Justice League Dark - A movie in the horror genre with a team of magic using anti hero protagonists seems like a recipe for success. I'm not a fan of horror or (most) magic films personally but even i'd watch something like this. True Blood, Grimm , Evil (the CBS show), Harry Potter , etc. suggests i wouldn't be alone.

Cyborg - A movie about a tech based / transhuman (?) superhero who happens to be African American, a former athlete *and* has a morphing arm cannon? HOW DO YOU EFF THIS UP? This is a license to print money and sell product in a post Black Panther movie world (toys, costumes, usb drives, blenders, sports league tie ins, anti virus software, etc. ). I'm truly amazed every time i think of what a blown opportunity wasting this characters marketing potential has been for DC.

Animal Man - Another character whose film might have more family appeal depending upon how it's marketed. I could see a Disney esque Animal man portrayal or something far more mature. It's a great blank slate with so much potential.

Plastic Man - Another child / family friendly I.P. with room for adult humor / innuendo Basically a better version of Jim Carreys "The Mask" for a new generation.

On the bubble....
    Atom - Honey I Shrunk The Kids + superheroes. Wait...isn't that more or less Ant Man? I suppose you could make this more serious. I wouldn't watch a lighthearted take on the ATOM but it has the ingredients for a well received film.

I'd mention Green Lantern John Stewart but ...any John (and Hal?) are considered DC Big 7 to most (right?).
    Last edited by Customizer; 07-14-2021 at 06:32 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.

SHAZAM if he counts.
    Catwoman
    Justice Society of America
    Creature Commandos
    Static

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    I mean, yes, that's true, BUT I think only to an extent. I think it depends largely on whether there is enough of a foundation in the source material to support a franchise. For example, again, I'd LOVE to see Catman in the DCEU. I think he'd quickly become a fan-favorite character. However, I don't think there's enough to support three solo Catman movies. He'd probably be better served being introduced in a series of Secret Six films, which would be awesome.

That's also why I opted for Animal Man to get a franchise over Vixen. Because, as much as I like Vixen, at least Animal Man has the acclaimed the Grant Morrison run to serve as the basis for a movie franchise and a built-in supporting cast in his family.

So, I think a character like Empress would probably be better served as being introduced in a Young Justice movie and then potentially spinning off? Katana could definitely be her own thing. So could Black Lightning. And then they could even build up to an Outsiders movie that introduced both Looker and Halo.
    I have to differ with you on the Catman example. I feel like there is enough in Gails flashback material in a single issue of SECRET SIX to mine for three movies. Toss in an examination of his early career and turning points and you have several seasons of a streaming property

Empress has a rich backstory and both of her dads practice spycraft. They could easily work with her trappings and have her appear in a Young Justice later perhaps even adding layers of interest given we will know her while her teammates would not
    Last edited by Stanlos; 07-14-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Infinite Frontier has me wanting a Jade and Obsidian-centric Infinity Inc. series on HBO Max...

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I have to differ with you on the Catman example. I feel like there is enough in Gails flashback material in a single issue of SECRET SIX to mine for three movies. Toss in an examination of his early career and turning points and you have several seasons of a streaming property

Empress has a rich backstory and both of her dads practice spycraft. They could easily work with her trappings and have her appear in a Young Justice later perhaps even adding layers of interest given we will know her while her teammates would not
    Fair enough, but in the case of both characters, I feel like that would have to be built up to. I don't know if many people would be motivated to go see an Empress or Catman solo movie right off the bat, especially when they're pretty obscure characters. Plus, in the case of the latter, people might just think he's a Batman knockoff...which is actually how he started off.

Even looking at the MCU, they just now came out with a Black Widow movie, a whole decade after she was introduced in Iron Man 2, even though there was probably plenty of material to introduce her in a solo movie right off the bat. But, I honestly don't know if it would have been as anticipated as much as it was if not for them introducing her as a supporting character and building up a following for her among MCU fans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    SHAZAM if he counts.
    He already is. His movie came out 2 years ago and they're currently filming the sequel. LOL.

I'll give you alternate Big-7

1- Hawkman (and I won't even count Hawkgirl/Woman as another entry, though obviously she'll be included here) - I Think Hawkworld is perfect to be adapted, but you could link it to the whole ressurection angle, also.
    2 - Adam Strange - A sort of a John Carter of Mars vibe. The Earther who manages to save an allien civilization and gets the girl.
    3 - Rac Shade, the Changing Man - The Steve Ditko framed other-dimensional cop out to see justice done version. Special effects galore.
    4 - The Demon - The story of Jason Blood and Etrigan, bonded by Merlin to fight evil across the centuries.
    5 - Zatanna - The stage magician travelling through the worlds of real magic to save her father's soul.
    6 - Deadman - The original story is made for a blockbuster.
    7 - Captain Atom - The Greg Weisman/ Pat Broderick tale, of a wrongfully convicted military man thrown across the time-stream. With the cover story and all. The action hero, not the Dr. Manhattanesque freak. You even have a great major antagonist (other then Eiling, of course, who could remain dubious) in Major Force.

There you go. There are others, though.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 07-15-2021 at 11:02 AM.

He already is. His movie came out 2 years ago and they're currently filming the sequel. LOL.
    I didn't know if it was an acceptable answer or not because of that

Isn't Billy's actor going to be kinda old by the time movie drops? I think he's like 17 iirc.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I didn't know if it was an acceptable answer or not because of that
    Yeah. Sorry about not being clear enough about it. But I meant characters that don't currently have films or other projects in development.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Isn't Billy's actor going to be kinda old by the time movie drops? I think he's like 17 iirc.
    I wouldn't say that's too old. That's still like...a baby.

This might be cheating but Terry McGinnis Batman Beyond

Other than that:

- Lobo
    - Mister Miracle and Barda (Escape from Alcatraz but from Apokolips)
    - BB Jaime Reyes
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8