Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Oh yes! It’s not like outside of Star Sapphire any of Aresi’s gang got used again. Hmm speaking of Justice League, some of the villains were just kind of “there”. Much like Cheetah didn’t interact with Wonder Woman, I don’t think Star Sapphire interacted with Green Lantern that much either. I can’t remember a single line spoken between the two.
    John talked with her once:

2:35

After this he says "I tried to warn you" with a smirk, but yeah, not a lot of interactions lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That might be a consequence of using John as GL. Sapphire is Carol, and her GL is Hal.
    Even if that's Carol, it matters little when she acts like a generic villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Static Shock episode where Sinestro poses as John probably had the most characterization Sinestro ever had in the DCAU, when he was not playing the Only Sane Man to Luthor in JLU.
    I'm surprised he even did that much, I don't remember him talking at all outside of the Static Shock episode lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think they fought mostly evenly when they both were under the illusion. I'd even say WW was winning on scorecards, since up to that point

1) She threw a car that hit Superman; Superman threw the car back at her but she dodged it
    2) She electrocuted him
    3) She had her foot on his back until she decided to toss him to the side and have a stand-up fight (oh TV fights...)
    4) She landed more power blows
    5) Pretty much every time Superman hit her, she hit him back

I dunno. You can watch it and decide for yourself.

On the other hand, beating season 1 Superman in a fist fight probably isn't a big achievement. Ultra Humanite broke out of Superman's full nelson and tossed him like a rag doll; he's just a smart gorilla!

Yeah, his power levels were super inconsistent. I mean, a friggin' gorilla?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think they fought mostly evenly when they both were under the illusion. I'd even say WW was winning on scorecards, since up to that point

1) She threw a car that hit Superman; Superman threw the car back at her but she dodged it
    2) She electrocuted him
    3) She had her foot on his back until she decided to toss him to the side and have a stand-up fight (oh TV fights...)
    4) She landed more power blows
    5) Pretty much every time Superman hit her, she hit him back

I dunno. You can watch it and decide for yourself.

On the other hand, beating season 1 Superman in a fist fight probably isn't a big achievement. Ultra Humanite broke out of Superman's full nelson and tossed him like a rag doll; he's just a smart gorilla!

Exactly. She didnt do as good because he was simply "holding back". She was just that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Even if that's Carol, it matters little when she acts like a generic villain.
    And she's British because...why not?
    I'm surprised he even did that much, I don't remember him talking at all outside of the Static Shock episode lol.
    I think it was in the Great Train Robbery and the last few episodes where he mainly got dialogue.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Exactly. She didnt do as good because he was simply "holding back". She was just that good.
    It was confirmed on that show that SM holds back most of the time. He even stopped fighting when he saw it was her. We all know she is far weaker than SM. Kalibak one shotted her, Mongul stomped her. Doomsday also trashed her and the whole league. SM was the only one to beat him solo. Aquaman was more than a match for her on land, while Superman one shotted him. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    It was confirmed on that show that SM holds back most of the time. He even stopped fighting when he saw it was her. We all know she is far weaker than SM. Kalibak one shotted her, Mongul stomped her. Doomsday also trashed her and the whole league. SM was the only one to beat him solo. Aquaman was more than a match for her on land, while Superman one shotted him. Etc.
    Holding back most of the time doesnt mean he was holding back with her when he had no reason to.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Holding back most of the time doesnt mean he was holding back with her when he had no reason to.
    He stopped fighting when he saw it was her. And the fact that later on that show the gap in power between them got bigger proves she was never on par with SM.

On the one hand, I think it's valid to say the "world of cardboard" speech recontextualizes the SM/WW fight and it turns out Superman was holding back the entire time, and WW's victory was hollow.

On the other hand, that scene wasn't written with a retcon four years down the line intended. The scene was supposed to give respect to WW's prowess and abilities. Unless your name is CJ Ross, when you watched the scene you saw WW give Superman the business. You could say the fight up to when Superman realized it was an illusion was a draw because nobody was conclusively KOd, but if you were scoring the fight WW comes out ahead in points.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

On the one hand, I think it's valid to say the "world of cardboard" speech recontextualizes the SM/WW fight and it turns out Superman was holding back the entire time, and WW's victory was hollow.

On the other hand, that scene wasn't written with a retcon four years down the line intended. The scene was supposed to give respect to WW's prowess and abilities. Unless your name is CJ Ross, when you watched the scene you saw WW give Superman the business. You could say the fight up to when Superman realized it was an illusion was a draw because nobody was conclusively KOd, but if you were scoring the fight WW comes out ahead in points.
    I would tend to agree with your analysis at the time the fight between the two was made early in the shows history. But as the show went on, and people complained about the power levels that Superman, and to some extent the Flash, then the power levels creeped up over the remainder of the show. It's just that the power levels got more and more for Superman and then for Flash, but left other people like Wonder Woman in the dust.

If Wonder Woman got portrayed as she should have, then why when she fought the girls (Black Canary, Huntress, Hawkgirl, Vixen) was it only these hero's? These are low level ground pounders that should have not been more than an afterthought for Diana (yes, I know she ultimately beat them). They should have had Supergirl among other heavy hitters, but apparently that would have been too much for little ol' Wondy.

Does anyone think that Wondy could have handled Captain Marvel in the 'Clash' episode instead of Superman? That was when they started to power creep Supes up in strength. The same thing when he took on Captain Atom. How would Wondy have fared under Timm and company had they switched the roles?

Wondy simply needs her own series and stay as far away from people like Timm to do her series any justice!

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    If Wonder Woman got portrayed as she should have, then why when she fought the girls (Black Canary, Huntress, Hawkgirl, Vixen) was it only these hero's? These are low level ground pounders that should have not been more than an afterthought for Diana (yes, I know she ultimately beat them). They should have had Supergirl among other heavy hitters, but apparently that would have been too much for little ol' Wondy.
    That wasn't suppose to be an even fight, though. The heroes had all gotten broken free of the mindcontrol devices, so Roulette sent in Wonder Woman to kill them. In the earlier matches, the mind-controlled heroes weren't killing each other, but in that match, Wonder Woman was specifically sent in to kill them. The moment Wonder Woman is unveiled, the heroes have a "Oh crap, we're doomed" moment and throughout the fight, they stand no chance against her.

Last edited by TheCasualReader; 04-08-2022 at 11:39 AM.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Speaking of the DCAU, I know GL, Flash, and Aquaman appeared in STAS. Ofc Batman and him have had crossovers. But in JL, how did they already know who Hawkgirl was? Did she or Hawkman already appear in the earlier shows? I don’t recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Speaking of the DCAU, I know GL, Flash, and Aquaman appeared in STAS. Ofc Batman and him have had crossovers. But in JL, how did they already know who Hawkgirl was? Did she or Hawkman already appear in the earlier shows? I don’t recall.
    They had adventures off screen? Most of them met for the first time in the pilot episode. John wasnt in STAS as it was Kyle so he wouldnt have known anyone apart from it being off screen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And she's British because...why not?

I think it was in the Great Train Robbery and the last few episodes where he mainly got dialogue.
    Thanks, will check those out, if he gets 10 lines it'll be 10 times more than what I expected him to have outside of that Static Shock episode .

Off-screen adventures most likely, DCAU likes to allude to stuff but not showing it.

In STAS itself, Lois has a line that indicates Wonder Woman is an active hero, which, creates a plot hole with JL showing she's a newcomer, but yeah, point is that they allude to the world being bigger than just what the cartoons show.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

They had adventures off screen? Most of them met for the first time in the pilot episode. John wasnt in STAS as it was Kyle so he wouldnt have known anyone apart from it being off screen as well.
    I knew it wasn’t John GL in the previous series, I just wanted to know if they met or alluded to others. I also didn’t know Lois alluded to WW’s existence prior to JL. Does anyone know what episode that is?

I knew it wasn’t John GL in the previous series, I just wanted to know if they met or alluded to others. I also didn’t know Lois alluded to WW’s existence prior to JL. Does anyone know what episode that is?
    "Blasts from the Past: Part I"

She just says ""Yeah right, and I'm Wonder Woman."