Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Lol. Everything in this sub seems to turn into a power discussion.
    You can thank DC and WB for that, they had the glorious idea to underpower Wonder Woman so much for almost an entire decade, and they always had a tendency to turn her into a jobber for especially Superman and Batman.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Lol. Everything in this sub seems to turn into a power discussion. I like A League of One a lot and it makes Diana into the heart of the group. Is that ok?
    If the writers can't showcase Wonder Womans true strength and power and also make her the heart of the group as you say, then don't even bother.

Please Marvel, take her to your home!

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    You can thank DC and WB for that, they had the glorious idea to underpower Wonder Woman so much for almost an entire decade, and they always had a tendency to turn her into a jobber for especially Superman and Batman.
    Aren't her periods of relative underpowering actually greater in total length than periods of appropriate power at this point? Kind of reminds me of the Thor/Hulk debate. Thor was intended to be greater in strength than Hulk, but Marvel largely went away from that and Stan Lee's take is no longer gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    If the writers can't showcase Wonder Womans true strength and power and also make her the heart of the group as you say, then don't even bother.

Please Marvel, take her to your home!
    Dude just let me enjoy the stories. Instead of telling me the stories I like are "bad", comment on what stories you do enjoy and think would've worked in the Justice League show. Please don't throw negativity at me.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-22-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Dude, I asked about what stories people would've like to see adapted in the Justice League Tv show. You seem to have no interest in discussing the stories you enjoy.

Instead, you guys turn this back into a discussion about how Wonder Woman should be more powerful. Cmon man. Put your energy into things you like, not things you dislike.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-22-2021 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Power-wise she was fine (aside from the nerfing of the lasso), she was shown as an equal to Superman most of the time. Yeah, she had a couple of embarrassing moments, but Superman had it worse in s1.
    What exactly happened with the lasso? I keep seeing comments about how the lasso fared badly, but since I never watched those cartoon shows, I have no clue about what they did wrong with the lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    What exactly happened with the lasso? I keep seeing comments about how the lasso fared badly, but since I never watched those cartoon shows, I have no clue about what they did wrong with the lasso.
    The lasso didn’t have the ability to force people to tell the truth until the end of the last season of the show, so for most of the series it was just a rope.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Dude just let me enjoy the stories. Instead of telling me the stories I like are "bad", comment on what stories you do enjoy and think would've worked in the Justice League show. Please don't throw negativity at me.
    You can enjoy any story you want. If you thought Wonder Woman was perfect storywise as well as powerwise in 'A League of One', then how am I going to change your opinion? I believe you are part of the problem in that you prefer stories with Wonder Woman in it even if it sacrifices her in power. That is just bad writing in my opinion! But then again, this is a messageboard and many of us are stating opinions. If you don't like mine, just ignore me.

Otherwise, in your positivity world where everything is sunshine and ponies, I just can't get there because we have had years of underwhelming stories as well as Wonder Woman being very underwhelming herself, especially when it comes to her powers or her rogues and the jobbing that occurs with both.

Again, just ignore me if you don't like negative comments. Silly me, I thought this was a messageboard with opinions, whether positive or negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The lasso didn’t have the ability to force people to tell the truth until the end of the last season of the show, so for most of the series it was just a rope.
    It also snapped in one episode, "Twilight." She muzzled a dinosaur-like creature that just ripped it off his face, complete with snapping sound effect.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Again, just ignore me if you don't like negative comments. Silly me, I thought this was a messageboard with opinions, whether positive or negative.
    I come to this forum to discuss the things I enjoy about Wonder Woman and all the interesting ideas about her. And then I see a bunch of people whose only contribution is being angered by her power level. I don't see these people talk about the things they enjoy. I'm sure that they are fans of the character, but they never talk about that.

Do you understand why someone like me would be frustated by this? Why I would start enjoying this forum less and less? I'm not trying to force you to enjoy stuff. Heck, I myself rant a lot about the things I don't enjoy. But that's just to get things out of my system. All I'm asking is for people here to maybe take a break from always turning every conversation into an angry discussion about powers. I understand your opinions. There's a whole discussion thread about power complaints. But it feels like I can't escape that topic no matter what I decide to talk about and what thread I go on.

And now as a follow up, I would really like to hear you talk about the Wonder Woman stories you enjoy, the ones that made you into a fan. The stories where she is as powerful as you think she should be and that should have been adapted in the Justice League TV show. Don't you think this could be a good and interesting discussion topic?
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-22-2021 at 01:33 PM.

I think that the JLD stories would be perfect for animation movies or series where Wonder Woman could shine.
    I have also read the history of the Justice League in space, where they organize and help a planet where the League basically makes a coup; Diana's attitude that contrasts with that of the rest of her team mates is quite interesting.
    But I think in general and lately there are not so many stories in the League where she really shines.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Lol. Everything in this sub seems to turn into a power discussion. I like A League of One a lot and it makes Diana into the heart of the group. Is that ok?
    A good story needs to be well executed from every angle. That includes power level. A story about WW. Where she spends the time talking about how she can't beat superman and where batmanb actually fights her phtsically for a brief moment. It is not the type of WW story i like to read. That is not the only problem with league of one. The plot they used doesn't feel right to me. But to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Aren't her periods of relative underpowering actually greater in total length than periods of appropriate power at this point? Kind of reminds me of the Thor/Hulk debate. Thor was intended to be greater in strength than Hulk, but Marvel largely went away from that and Stan Lee's take is no longer gospel.
    Is that supposed to mean anything good? Are we supposed to settle for a WW that is almost fodder to Superman and other high tiers? I will never settle for bread crums. As long as DC keeps saying she is one of the top guns. I will demand to actually see it on panel.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 07-22-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Does Diana NEED too be the "heart" of the JL. How many would that make? we have MMH, Flash, Superman. I think Diana's stories should revolve around being the pillar of integrity and honor. Her judgement and wisdom should be integral to the League.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Does Diana NEED too be the "heart" of the JL. How many would that make? we have MMH, Flash, Superman. I think Diana's stories should revolve around being the pillar of integrity and honor. Her judgement and wisdom should be integral to the League.
    I agree 100%