The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Default The Seven Goes Toe-to-Toe With?

Ok, i've noticed that the Seven seem to be overall a weak team compared to so many teams. Who, in the comics or live action, would go toe-to-toe with them or be a reasonable match.

No one that's a stomp either way but more like they would barely win or barely lose to these teams?

thanks!
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Astonishing Member

Live Action Titans or Teen Titans Go! Although the latter's Raven is a beast.

A-Train would blitz the live-action Titans. Homelander could solo the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    A-Train would blitz the live-action Titans. Homelander could solo the Titans.
    Possibly, but don’t forget Conner. This is the kid who fired a gun at close range then moved into position to catch the bullet he fired before it hit the target and nobody saw him move. I’d say that’s way faster than anything Homelander’s done, and up there with some of A-Train’s better stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe the cartoon versions of the Guardians of the Globe would be a good fight.

Though it might depend on how well Red Rush and A-Train match up against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Possibly, but don’t forget Conner. This is the kid who fired a gun at close range then moved into position to catch the bullet he fired before it hit the target and nobody saw him move. I’d say that’s way faster than anything Homelander’s done, and up there with some of A-Train’s better stuff.
    I forgot that Conner joined the team at the end of season two. And while watching any given episode, I struggle to picture the Titans as a team.

I know that we are supposed to think of Conner as at least a lightweight Super-man, but nearly everybody in the Seven has superhuman strength too. Conner's strength feats have been low-end on Titans, with maybe the best one being the time that he slowly bent a gun barrel. I'm not sure that he has better strength feats than A-Train. Anyway, throw in the rest of the Seven and they stomp the Titans hard.

I forgot that Conner joined the team at the end of season two. And while watching any given episode, I struggle to picture the Titans as a team.

I know that we are supposed to think of Conner as at least a lightweight Super-man, but nearly everybody in the Seven has superhuman strength too. Conner's strength feats have been low-end on Titans, with maybe the best one being the time that he slowly bent a gun barrel. I'm not sure that he has better strength feats than A-Train. Anyway, throw in the rest of the Seven and they stomp the Titans hard.
    So the Titans would be disqualified from this fight then, as the OP said no curbstomps.

So it sounds to me like the Seven are too disjointed. Too powerful for other live actions and too weak for comics. What about that new Jupiter show? would they be a good fit? Or how about the Doom Patrol? or the Umbrella group? Suicide Squad (w/ Deadshot, King Shark, Flagg, etc.)?
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    So it sounds to me like the Seven are too disjointed. Too powerful for other live actions and too weak for comics. What about that new Jupiter show? would they be a good fit? Or how about the Doom Patrol? or the Umbrella group? Suicide Squad (w/ Deadshot, King Shark, Flagg, etc.)?
    I love the Doom Patrol (live action), but if all the other live action heroes are like Olympic athletes, the Doom Patrol is more like Special Olympics. A majority of the team can't consistently control either their powers or themselves, and they have no superhuman speed. The Doom Patrol excels at dealing with extremely weird situations, but that doesn't translate well to most Rumbles.

I love the Doom Patrol (live action), but if all the other live action heroes are like Olympic athletes, the Doom Patrol is more like Special Olympics. A majority of the team can't consistently control either their powers or themselves, and they have no superhuman speed. The Doom Patrol excels at dealing with extremely weird situations, but that doesn't translate well to most Rumbles.
    Lol... love that show too and you've got a point! How about the other teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    Lol... love that show too and you've got a point! How about the other teams?
    I'm behind on my media consumption, so I know who these teams are, but I haven't watched their shows or movies.

Live-action heroes on tv shows tend to come up short with feats due to budgetary constraints. Live-action movie heroes have more budget, so better feats. But neither of them can compete with comics or animation, where the budget is effectively unlimited.

Live-action heroes on tv shows tend to come up short with feats due to budgetary constraints.

Depends on how they use it really.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Maybe the cartoon versions of the Guardians of the Globe would be a good fight.

Though it might depend on how well Red Rush and A-Train match up against each other.
    Red Rush is insanely faster than A-Train. The dude leaves a picnic with his wife, costumes up, crosses miles into a city, stops a bank robbery, changes back, runs back and sits back down next to her and she can barely tell he moved. He also hits a lot harder, actually physically hurting Omni-Man with a barrage of punches (also breaking his hands in the process, but still).
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan