Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, he's pretty evil, so he probably deserves it
    Oh he definitely deserves it, question is who gets the pleasure to do it?

I swear this is so ridiculous. There isn’t a man alive that wants the marriage back, omd addressed directly and Peter/MJ together more then me. That being said, all this constant nagging and teasing has just gotten exhausting at this stage. Stop with all the dragging on and stringing is along and just address it. I literally feel like a child again watching Little Mermaid screaming for this dude to kiss the girl already. It’s just gotten so tiring.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I swear this is so ridiculous. There isn’t a man alive that wants the marriage back, omd addressed directly and Peter/MJ together more then me. That being said, all this constant nagging and teasing has just gotten exhausting at this stage. Stop with all the dragging on and stringing is along and just address it. I literally feel like a child again watching Little Mermaid screaming for this dude to kiss the girl already. It’s just gotten so tiring.
    I see that.
    But it's happening now and giving up and crying about it now makes no sense.
    We still need to get through Sinister War and some other stuff through which we will get "teased" but the difference is it will pay off this time.

I'm more worried about the aftermath.Spencer won't be around for it and we are going straight to beyond.I fear they won't let this breathe and shove it aside for Spider-replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I see that.
    But it's happening now and giving up and crying about it now makes no sense.
    We still need to get through Sinister War and some other stuff through which we will get "teased" but the difference is it will pay off this time.

I'm more worried about the aftermath.Spencer won't be around for it and we are going straight to beyond.I fear they won't let this breathe and shove it aside for Spider-replacement.
    It’s been happening for months now since Last Remains. The fact that we can some vague dialogue panels doesn’t necessarily mean anything is getting addressed. If there is one thing about Spencer’s run that people should have learned is to expect any answers. Granted yes, this is the end of his run so he essentially has no choice but it wouldn’t surprised me at all if there isn’t any finality because that’s just been his style for his entire run. Tons of build up, no climax.

The fact that there is a new team and a seemingly new direction has me even more concerned. Especially since, I personally feel his leaving isn’t completely his choice so this is all being wrapped up rather suddenly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    It’s been happening for months now since Last Remains. The fact that we can some vague dialogue panels doesn’t necessarily mean anything is getting addressed. If there is one thing about Spencer’s run that people should have learned is to expect any answers. Granted yes, this is the end of his run so he essentially has no choice but it wouldn’t surprised me at all if there isn’t any finality because that’s just been his style for his entire run. Tons of build up, no climax.

The fact that there is a new team and a seemingly new direction has me even more concerned. Especially since, I personally feel his leaving isn’t completely his choice so this is all being wrapped up rather suddenly.
    His run is structured to build up to a massive finale.I confident we will get answers.

That may be the case.Honestly I feel the problem is they will ignore this ending's ramification for their Spider-replacement story.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I want the Peter/MJ marriage back.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I kinda doubt that OMD will get much focus in Sinister War. If its gonna happen it'll likely go down in the ASM issues instead.
    Yeah, I smell (yet) another bait & switch here.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    His run is structured to build up to a massive finale.I confident we will get answers.

That may be the case.Honestly I feel the problem is they will ignore this ending's ramification for their Spider-replacement story.
    That is something I do not agree necessarily with. Why? Look at the title of ASM 874: What price victory? That tells you that Peter wins but the cost is s very high. It could be Aunt May or JJJ dying ( both are in the issue), or Peter finds out about OMD and Mysterio and are he fact MJ hid it from him and after the betrayal by Boomerang, maybe that sends him over the edge ( think back to him chucking the “No one dies” concept), one other possibility is Peter although winning takes a beating from Kindred so bad, he cannot physical so the job anymore ( think back to when he beat Rhino but ended up in the hospital). Any of those scenarios could happen in ASM 874 and set up the Ben arc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    That is something I do not agree necessarily with. Why? Look at the title of ASM 874: What price victory? That tells you that Peter wins but the cost is s very high. It could be Aunt May or JJJ dying ( both are in the issue), or Peter finds out about OMD and Mysterio and are he fact MJ hid it from him and after the betrayal by Boomerang, maybe that sends him over the edge ( think back to him chucking the “No one dies” concept), one other possibility is Peter although winning takes a beating from Kindred so bad, he cannot physical so the job anymore ( think back to when he beat Rhino but ended up in the hospital). Any of those scenarios could happen in ASM 874 and set up the Ben arc.
    Oh well. It's a happy ending for anyone who hated OMD

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Oh well. It's a happy ending for anyone who hated OMD
    The marriage absolutely is not coming back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It might come back but I’m betting Amazing 1000 not 874. I also note what Nick Lowe said he wants from Peter ( and it is not good). That is especially true with MJ. Why? History also shows that Marvel does not like MJ. She has been written out of the book numerous times ( starting with Romita sr). The only reason she did not get the Gwen treatment is that unlike Gwen readers love her ( and I include myself in that category).

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think it might very well come back but Peter can't be Spider-Man anymore because of it or rather because everyone knows his secret identity, thus where Ben comes into play. If you think about things carefully Ben being Spidey for a while makes sense if Peter is trying to convince everyone his Spider-Man reveal (from Civil War) was a fake-out (while he recovers from likely injuries sustained against Kindred).
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-13-2021 at 01:49 PM.

Incredible Member

I'm an MJ fan. But I've come to a point where I don't care if the marriage is reestablished or not. Just get rid of OMD as a whole but have the marriage dissolved in a reasonable and more "every man" type of way. Mephisto was so out of left field. Unless this storyline states that Harry gave Mephisto the idea to approach Peter and MJ, then Mephisto never made any sense and OMD should be completely retconned.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I'm an MJ fan. But I've come to a point where I don't care if the marriage is reestablished or not. Just get rid of OMD as a whole but have the marriage dissolved in a reasonable and more "every man" type of way. Mephisto was so out of left field. Unless this storyline states that Harry gave Mephisto the idea to approach Peter and MJ, then Mephisto never made any sense and OMD should be completely retconned.
    I love this idea so much, it would make good narrative sense. The only thing missing is a reason why Big Red listened to a lowly (at the time) cursed soul turned demon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I love this idea so much, it would make good narrative sense. The only thing missing is a reason why Big Red listened to a lowly (at the time) cursed soul turned demon.
    The robot parents idea was pretty messed up. Mephisto might have really enjoyed that
    Blue text denotes sarcasm