Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Spoilers OMD being addressed in Sinister War

"Bad as I want answers..." The Kindred/OMD plot/Beyond is probably going to get in the way of them seriously addressing the fallout of this plot point, huh?

Personally I don't really care about dealing with OMD at this point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Bad as I want answers..." The Kindred/OMD plot/Beyond is probably going to get in the way of them seriously addressing the fallout of this plot point, huh?

Personally I don't really care about dealing with OMD at this point.
    It's probably like Disassembled/HoM: something Marvel won't undo because it can milk the drama

Astonishing Member

Let’s just wait until the issue is out before we jump to conclusions based on one vague line of dialogue, eh.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I kinda doubt that OMD will get much focus in Sinister War. If its gonna happen it'll likely go down in the ASM issues instead.

Astonishing Member

I hope you realize how many times this topic comes up. It could honestly be nothing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Let’s just wait until the issue is out before we jump to conclusions based on one vague line of dialogue, eh.
    Yeah. Honestly, I wouldn't really even pay attention to it that much.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I hope you realize how many times this topic comes up. It could honestly be nothing.
    "It's the reason all of this is happening".
    OMD isn't a side thing, Kindred and everything else is a direct effect of OMD.

That and
    1)Strange going to Mephsito. Something wrong with Peter's soul
    2)Kindred mentioning it
    3)MJ mentioning she remembers it.(implied)
    4)That whole BND parallel issue
    5)The ring and proposal

I understand pessimism but this is undeniable proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    "It's the reason all of this is happening".
    OMD isn't a side thing, Kindred and everything else is a direct effect of OMD.

That and
    1)Strange going to Mephsito. Something wrong with Peter's soul
    2)Kindred mentioning it
    3)MJ mentioning she remembers it.(implied)
    4)That whole BND parallel issue
    5)The ring and proposal

I understand pessimism but this is undeniable proof.
    At the very least, they're referencing One More Day. And we have confirmation Mysterio is aware of it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Would be hilarious if Spencer bails before addressing it and it’s just left as a dangling plot thread
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

What if...
    - Spencer was planning to continue the story but he resigned
    - the story is now Rushed, so Spencer can finish it as intended
    - Marvel decided, that they should be careful with the fallout, so they introduce Beyond, to buy some time for new writer, after Spencer.

It could be possible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    At the very least, they're referencing One More Day. And we have confirmation Mysterio is aware of it.
    Yeah.
    No way they drop this thread.
    That's what the entire run has been about

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah.
    No way they drop this thread.
    “Yes way” they could. I remember in the late 90s there were tons of hints Baby May was alive, and they still dropped it (or resolved it in a very unsatisfactory cop-out way by pretending it was Aunt May even though it clearly wasn’t intended to be). I admire your optimism, but I can easily see the OMD stuff not being resolved properly before Spencer leaves and then just being forgotten about by the next team of writers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    “Yes way” they could. I remember in the late 90s there were tons of hints Baby May was alive, and they still dropped it (or resolved it in a very unsatisfactory cop-out way by pretending it was Aunt May even though it clearly wasn’t intended to be). I admire your optimism, but I can easily see the OMD stuff not being resolved properly before Spencer leaves and then just being forgotten about by the next team of writers.

I actually think whatever final resolution we're going to get in regards to OMD will actually be addressed in some capacity by Jason Aaron. His whole Avengers run in all likelyhood is going to be capped off by a line wide event where Mephisto is the big bad where all the Marvel heroes have to come together to thwart whatever he's planning and i expect Spider-man will be featured somewhat prominently in that.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I actually think whatever final resolution we're going to get in regards to OMD will actually be addressed in some capacity by Jason Aaron. His whole Avengers run in all likelyhood is going to be capped off by a line wide event where Mephisto is the big bad where all the Marvel heroes have to come together to thwart whatever he's planning and i expect Spider-man will be featured somewhat prominently in that.
    Considering Aaron made it so that Mephisto had been scheming to undermine and ultimately destroy every single formation of the Avengers since 1,000,000 BC . . . that would make some sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.