Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spectacular Member

I'm picturing the Marvel heroes coming together for a rendition of the Cell Block Tango over a fallen Mephisto, lmao

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I don't think Aaron's run is near done. I imagine (a) Pete will be back before Aaron's endgame and (b) Pete and Mephisto will not have their final entanglement done by a non-ASM writer (Aaron could get the book at 900, for example, and write that and Avengers towards the big conclusion)

Probably not but if Marvel thinks they can get a ton of eyeballs on it by using a big enough name not really all that associated with Spider-man like they did with Mark Millar and the unmasking during Civil War i wouldn't rule out a non ASM writer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The marriage absolutely is not coming back.
    Not right now. But if a writer comes along and wants to do a wedding storyline again, and there are people at Marvel sympathetic to that, it very well could happen. Just because something has been done once doesn't rule them out from doing it again (such as Ben Reilly taking over). That includes marriages. Especially if they see a opportunity to make money from it.

This time around I think they'll have Peter and Mary Jane engaged for awhile. Which was something they never really explored the first time around. They effectively got engaged around Amazing 292 and then Annual 21 happens between that and 293. It wasn't like the Superman books where Lois and Clark were engaged for 6 years worth of issues across all 5 titles at the time.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 07-14-2021 at 12:17 AM.

Ya never know, ASM 1000 might make for a good "let's get married again, eh?" celebration.

It'd be nice if we spend a good chunk of time with them engaged. I see that often in real life, people staying engaged for a while before they actually get married.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Ya never know, ASM 1000 might make for a good "let's get married again, eh?" celebration.

It'd be nice if we spend a good chunk of time with them engaged. I see that often in real life, people staying engaged for a while before they actually get married.
    Maybe. I have a suspicion 900 will probably have Peter back in the suit. So what major milestones are left for the book to actually celebrate come 1000?

I do agree on the engagement. That is something I think the book needs to explore and it is fertile ground for them to do so.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post

This.
    There is such a great opportunity with the aftermath of Spencer and they really gonna do a replacement arc.Aside from being repetitive it makes no sense in what we are getting.