Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Tim Drake was great when he was the 'normal' Robin with a father and a school life. He's been meh ever since they killed off his father and got rid of most of his supporting cast to make him another tragic Robin and a mini-Batman. The reboot should have fixed him by putting him back with his father and back in school but did neither and instead erased the history his fans were still holding on to. He has no reason to exist other than DC thinks his fanbase is too large to write him out entirely.
    That is a sentiment I can cosign. Tim Drake has been coasting on nostalgia (which is a weird thing to say about the THIRD Robin) for a while now.
    No, it's not a weird thing to say about Tim.

Third Robin is a better name for Tim Drake than Red Robin ever was.

That's who Tim is/was: another black-haired, blue-eyed, adolescent Caucasian male who became Robin #3.

Grayson, Jason and Damian are more interesting characters than Tim. I'd rather read about Duke, Luke, Barbara, Stephanie, Bette or Vicki Vale than about Tim Drake.

DC doesn't seem to know what to do with Tim now. It's really sad.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 07-14-2021 at 01:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    The Other History of the DC Universe feature with BL is awesome, imo. Also, the ptsd-themed issue of his second(?) ongoing is a solid keeper.
    "The Other History of the DC Universe" is more a biography and not really a superhero story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I'd rather read about Duke, Luke, Barbara, Stephanie, Bette or Vicki Vale than about Tim Drake.
    If we are talking about stories that are allready published (and the Question here was about heroes that have never really shined), I read Dixon's Robin and run over any of Luke's and Duke's and most of Barbara's solo stories.
    And I don't think that Bette or Vicki Vale have any really good stories.