Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I'm actually okay with that. I'd rather have mini-series well crafted now than ongoings going nowhere

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm actually okay with that. I'd rather have mini-series well crafted now than ongoings going nowhere
    Well we don't actually know that this will be well crafted.

I thought for sure Jason's next book would be an ongoing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I mean, if the writer has a finite story in mind, sure, although I don't think ongoings inherently go nowhere.

12 issues is pretty long for a mini. So i wouldn't call this a mini. Thats a full year. Now a days its common for an ongoing to only go 12 or 24. This is a series with an end date. I think thats smart for something like this. It'll be interesting to see if Barrow can do the full 12 though.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-31-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Series that go only up to 12 or 24 issues is because they had low sales and got cancelled. If you take that as something normal then is saying that the industry is screwed.

When the series are planned to last an specific number of issues then they're considered mini/maxi-series.

My main fear with this being a limited series, is that some people, not few, prefer to wait for the trades to come out. Me included, usually. That means lower sales, unless you have a bestseller, widely popular creative team behind, like with King's last few works. And lower sales means lower chances of an ongoing, I guess. I don't know, we will see in a year or so.

Otherwise, well, can't say it's unexpected, even when I was expecting an ongoing with the info we had until now. I'm a fan of Moon Knight and Hawkeye in Marvel, so I'm pretty used to this publishing format by now.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-31-2021 at 04:45 PM.