Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    He's not a zombie so I don't see the correlation here. Hell, Black Lanterns are back in the menu so you could've used any dead character to lead this.
    Well, the Black Lantern is also a very good friend of his.

That said, this does pique my interest. Its not an apocalyptic setting (the turn off for me with the Elseworld by Taylor), and Jason working to stop the spread of vampirism? I hope to see his All-Blades in actions. And just for the hell of it, a call back to Nocturna when she wanted to take in Jason (and bonus being that she's a vamp herself).

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

>TASK FORCE Z is a new ongoing book about Red Hood leading some of Gotham's worst. Written by me, art by the brilliant @eddybarrows, @ebercomics, @fxstudiocolor, & helmed by the magical editorial duo of @Paul_Kaminski & Dave "no tweet" Wielgosz. Behold this brutally awesome cover-

>The basic idea behind TASK FORCE Z is "what if we made the Suicide Squad even more @#$*&% up?" So yes it's a story about weaponizing the dead, but it's also about redemption, and second chances, and trying to prove you're more than your worst moments... And also eating people.

>TASK FORCE Z stars Red Hood, Bane, Man-Bat, Arkham Knight, Sundowner, Mr. Bloom, and a few other surprises we're keeping off the internet. This one is brutal but fun, chaotic but character driven, and just generally awesome.
    https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...16096118235136
    https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...16939735371793
    https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...17717938200576

How the hell do you redeem a flesh-eating Zombie?

To me this sounds like some new version of Secret Six - Suicide Squad, but different!

“If I had a nickel for every time I saw a zombie Bane I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot but it’s weird it happened twice.”
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm absolutely going to buy and read it. It has a lot of things I like, and the ones I'm not won over (like the art), I think I can deal with them because they fit the nature of the book, for example.

But I'm so in, I could dig a grave barehanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    He's not a zombie so I don't see the correlation here. Hell, Black Lanterns are back in the menu so you could've used any dead character to lead this.
    He might not technically be a zombie, but he shared in the experience. It’s obvious what they are trying to have fun with here. Again his death is one of biggest deaths in the mythos, hell in the industry, he was dead longer then he was alive. You might not be into it, but Helen Keller can see the correlation here.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-13-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I trust Rosenberg. He's my favorite DC writer. Rosenberg's Grifter has been the best story in Batman: Urban Legends so far (and from DC in 2021 in general, to be honest). He knows how to make characters fun, complex and flawed (in a good way). I also dig the theme "about redemption, and second chances, and trying to prove you're more than your worst moments".

Incredible Member

I've gotta say, I'm kinda interested in this. I'm trying not to let my pull list get too long, so we'll see if I go singles, or hold off for the trade.

The back-up solicits weren't doing much for me, but this description has sold me. Jason leading a Suicide Squad-esque team of undead Gotham villains? It's out there, but I think it has a lot of potential. It's interesting to see that Bane actually did die in A-Day. I had seen some speculation of Bane being the Court of Owls' masked enforcer from the first couple issues of The Joker. Based off this solicit, it would appear that isn't the case.

I'm also pleased to see them building off current mythology- A-Day- to launch the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    …he no longer looks like he's repping for Mortal Kombat, so that's something.
    I hated his last costume design.
    If this book serves to get Jason back into something he actually looks good in, then huzzah.

Now if we can just get rid of the fucking crowbar(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I hated his last costume design.
    If this book serves to get Jason back into something he actually looks good in, then huzzah.

Now if we can just get rid of the fucking crowbar(s).
    Aw. But that is the All-Blades final form. Extra effective against clowns.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

It is funny that some people complained about RHATO being too weird for Jason and claiming to want him to go back to being a street-level vigilante now have to deal with him leading a team of super-powered zombies for the foreseeable future. Hopefully the All-blades show up, they are a lot more fitting than two crowbars.

Something that has been nagging me since the reveal is the possibility of Jason being a zombie too. Is the kind of shocking swerve that editorials love to have to launch new series.

Being too weird was never the issue with RHatO. Also given that he is leading a team of bad guy zombies, he's probably gonna be up against things he can actually let loose against.

Well sticking Harley in Suicide Squad changed her character forever. It caused her to explode in other media. So who knows how this will play out for Jason and what this will lead to. He at least is being put in an ongoing again and can interact with some different characters for a change.

I'm thinking to myself that Bane deserves better than this, although Astrid Arkham feels like still a waste of the Arkham Knight.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"The basic idea behind TASK FORCE Z is "what if we made the Suicide Squad even more @#$*&% up?" So yes it's a story about weaponizing the dead, but it's also about redemption, and second chances, and trying to prove you're more than your worst moments... And also eating people."

I mean... it's a work in progress... they're gonna relapse into eating people while trying to have second chances... that's normal...