Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Wow, a lot of trust for Rosenberg in this thread. What are his good stories? I'm only familiar with his X-Men stuff, which I didn't like. Thanks.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Wow, a lot of trust for Rosenberg in this thread. What are his good stories? I'm only familiar with his X-Men stuff, which I didn't like. Thanks.
    The only thing I’ve read of Rosenberg so far was his Grifter story in Batman: Urban Legends. I’d never read Grifter before outside of his appearance in Batman 101. I thought the story was really strong, Grifter was hilarious, though the ending was a little rushed. Overall though I greatly enjoyed the story and am interested to see what else he puts out.

Matthew has released a new newsletter a bunch of minutes ago. This is what he wrote about TFZ over there:

TASK FORCE Z rises from the simple question “what if we made the Suicide Squad even more fucked up?” Red Hood is in charge of a team of recently deceased villains as they work for a chance of getting their lives back, literally. The team includes the coprses of noted bad people Bane, Man-Bat, Mr. Bloom, The Arkham Knight, and newcomer Sundowner. But more bodies will be added along the way, I promise.

I am joined on this book by a murderer’s row of talented people. Eddy Burrows is pencilling, and my god is it gorgeous and creepy. Eber Ferreira is inking beautifully. And Adriano Lucas is laying down his brilliant colors. And the whole thing was put together by the mad scientists of editorial Paul Kaminski and Dave Wielgosz. I couldn’t ask for better partners on this one.

I will be getting more into it later but for you continuity nerds- Yes, this is in continuity. Yes, it will reflect the events of Chip and Eddy’s Red Hood story in BATMAN URBAN LEGENDS. Yes, this relates to FUTURE STATE and FEAR STATE. Yes, we know Man-Bat is in JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK. Yes, Jason and Bane are going to have a “conversation” about Alfred. Yes, it’s going to be a real screwed up book.
    Also.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I've read Hawkeye Freefall and Tales of Suspense: Hawkeye and Winter Soldier. Both are fun and enjoyable, and even deal some heavy, serious stuff in between in the case of Freefall (Freefall is pretty good, actually). Also, I've heard 4 Kids Walk into a Bank is pretty good too.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-14-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Incredible Member

I'm glad to hear that Task Force Z will address Urban Legends' Cheer story, and am interested in how it relates to Future State and Fear State. Tynion has said they've been aiming for a unified Bat-verse, and it's definitely feeling that way IMO.

I'm curious, regarding Arkham Knight. It seems she's dead present-day, but as far as I know, is leading a team of Arkham Knights during Future State. I'm assuming he's aware and will address that, but it's still a notable change.

While I'm looking forward to Fear State, I hope this doesn't deal too much with that. I'd rather the first arc be used to establish the characters and the premise, rather than getting pulled into the event like I Am Batman is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I'm glad to hear that Task Force Z will address Urban Legends' Cheer story, and am interested in how it relates to Future State and Fear State. Tynion has said they've been aiming for a unified Bat-verse, and it's definitely feeling that way IMO.

I'm curious, regarding Arkham Knight. It seems she's dead present-day, but as far as I know, is leading a team of Arkham Knights during Future State. I'm assuming he's aware and will address that, but it's still a notable change.

While I'm looking forward to Fear State, I hope this doesn't deal too much with that. I'd rather the first arc be used to establish the characters and the premise, rather than getting pulled into the event like I Am Batman is.
    Well, I don't expect certain characters to stay zombies forever (Bane).

Extraordinary Member

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

On one hand, I'm glad the helmet is back. On the other, he looks like an action figure now. Also, I guess the editorial really wants to phase out his guns.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 07-16-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Jason looks like he's hunting vampires.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

After he raided Deathstroke's closet

They had to put Jason on it in an ongoing, had they? Now I have to buy it. PLus he does look cool with this new helmet ! Even if I liked the MK suit.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nah, vampire hunters wear leather. The Belmonts, Van Helsing, Buffy Summers, Bruce, and Dick...

Maybe he is. Vampires and demons.

It really gives you that old pulp vibe.

But yeah, I'd add some leather there. The design lacks some more colour and contrast.

The crowbar needs to go, it’s a bit too on the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    After he raided Deathstroke's closet
    Better then raiding Dick’s.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-17-2021 at 03:33 AM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The crowbar needs to go, it’s a bit too on the nose.

Better then raiding Dick’s.
    True. Slade has a surprisingly better sense of fashion than Dick.

Wrong Rosenberg book
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.