Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default A Bizarre New World, Chapter Two: Black Magic Woman

As the Heirs of the Joestar Legacy rest and prepare for their journey to the verdant wilds of Salem, another group has begun to stir. Deep within the remains of a once flourishing internet, now known as the deep web, those in the know, either by invitation or a curiosity, would find their way to a website riddled by passwords and captchas. Once in, they were greeted by media player displaying a live-stream.

"Good evening, one and all. Once again it is I, your good old friend, G.S. the good samaritan."

The figure was clad in old army fatigues, a weathered trench coat, and beret, with their face covered by an eyeless and mouthless mask comprised of newspaper.

"I hope you all are still riding the highs from last time's news because I most certainly am. The old serpent himself, Johannes Joestar, now rots and the path to Avalon is clear! However..."

Raising a gloved hand, the figure sticks out their index finger, first pointing upward before gradually aiming it towards the camera, "We must remain vigilant my brothers and sisters! For while we have severed the serpent's head, like the hydra, it has spawned more! And like the hydra, we should not forget that its venom burns long after its death, as Heracles would attest to..."

A series of pictures, photos of certain individuals came across the screen, each displaying a varied amount of "points" they were worth.

"Those loyal to our cause and those more... mercenary, these are the fledging heads of the beast! Use this information as you will and use what methods you wish, but we do have a special request. Our friend, Miss Apple, would like you to bring one of them in alive."

A picture, simply named "Lucy" came across the screen.

"This concludes tonight's broadcast. Tune in next time as we step closer and closer to out utopia, Avalon."

「August 24, 22 P.I.」

Morning came to the Joestar Estate, the shuffling of feet from the staff beginning since the crack of dawn and had grown as vacuums and other appliances could be heard at work. It as if nothing had ever occurred in the last few days. No matter how far one's room was from the dining room, the scent of coffee could be caught in waffs, promising the rejuvenation of a cupful and a hearty breakfast.

Vivian was the first in the dining room, if for no other reason than an inability to sleep; the nature of the contents of her dossier such that it had eluded her completely.

Should one notice, they'd catch her off to one corner, simply nursing a hit cup of coffee while muttering about 'Unspeakable Dossier Secrets'.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

After a nice rest, Boris wakes up, gets dress, and heads to the dining room with one thing on his mind. The Journey ahead and how much blood he was going to have on his hands.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Morning came and Jinny woke to a stream of sunlight coming through a gap in the curtains. Getting out of bed, she began her usual morning routine which included a shower.

Not long after, she was looking through the package that contained the items she had requested. Pulling everything out and laying them out on the bed, she checked that everything she had asked for was there. Her focus narrowed to the new clothes, appraising them as she would her own. Quickly getting dressed, pleased that the sizes were correct and that it fit her well, she then looked to the hiking boots on the floor next to the bed. Taking a seat on the bed, she dons the boots and checks the fit.

Satisfied, she then spent the next half hour gathering up her belongings as well as the new supplies she requested. Packing them into her Canvas Travel Bag, she then looked around to make sure she hasn't left anything behind. She knew that there would be breakfast downstairs, so she debated if she should leave the bag in the room until after she ate, or bring it with her.

Deciding that there would be time to retrieve the bag, hopefully, she left it on a chair. Opening the curtains she looked out before turning and heading out into the corridor.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Today, like many other days in west Texas, was going to be a scorcher. While the sun was still low in the sky, the sauna-like warmth of humidity could already be felt pressing against the very walls of the estate, held back only by the house's insulation and air-conditioning. Despite the foolishness at the thought of even stepping outside, there was some activity going on, for those who might have noticed. Two white travel vans had pulled up and greeting the vehicles was a small group of staff who began to place one piece of luggage on the ground in a line. While there were some, like Jinny, who received their items early, for a majority of the heirs, their things would be waiting for them there.

For such a time where society had broken loose from the bindings of the internet and the conveniences it brought, it was rather amazing that the staff would have been able to gather even half of the things requested within the span of half a day considering just how far into the middle of nowhere the estate was. Of course, that is not to say that they would receive everything they asked; the main victim of this would be Boris, whose list of expensive and hard-to-find parts for puppet-making was impossible to get in such a short window of time. Others would find generic-branded versions of items, no doubt procured in haste from some basic-chain big box store from the closest city.

The journey's start was beginning to loom over them and they would soon need to decide on how best to mentally and physically prepare for what was to come.

After eating, Boris heads outside and picks up the two single-handed axes he requested, and sighs. (Well, at least got the axes. I should subject them to strength test and a test their lethalness,) Boris thought.

(An axe that can't take a beating is a shoddy axe,) Boris thought.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian was the first in the dining room, if for no other reason than an inability to sleep; the nature of the contents of her dossier such that it had eluded her completely.

Should one notice, they'd catch her off to one corner, simply nursing a hit cup of coffee while muttering about 'Unspeakable Dossier Secrets'.
    "Mind if I join you?"

In perhaps a bit of haste, Suzie sunk down weakly into a seat at the far end of the table across from Vivian with a meager portion of pomegranate and a side of pickled herring with capers.

She was sporting a dark purple headband over her brow, and the whites of her glassy eyes had tinged with lines of red; though it was the gallon tin pot of coffee she set down between them which perhaps spoke the loudest.

"Couldn't sleep...feel it's going to be a persistent theme, like?," she mumbled miserably, slowly arranging red corpuscle seeds into bloody streaks on her plate when she glanced over the dossier in her half-sister's hand. Despite what little she'd begun to learn about Salem Impact Zone, its expansion and consumption, whatever Jojo's interest was in that place had a much greater impact on Vivian. Perhaps it was the way her head was still spinning, but curiosity once again got the better of her.

"...something the matter?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Morning came and Jinny woke to a stream of sunlight coming through a gap in the curtains. Getting out of bed, she began her usual morning routine which included a shower.

Not long after, she was looking through the package that contained the items she had requested. Pulling everything out and laying them out on the bed, she checked that everything she had asked for was there. Her focus narrowed to the new clothes, appraising them as she would her own. Quickly getting dressed, pleased that the sizes were correct and that it fit her well, she then looked to the hiking boots on the floor next to the bed. Taking a seat on the bed, she dons the boots and checks the fit.

Satisfied, she then spent the next half hour gathering up her belongings as well as the new supplies she requested. Packing them into her Canvas Travel Bag, she then looked around to make sure she hasn't left anything behind. She knew that there would be breakfast downstairs, so she debated if she should leave the bag in the room until after she ate, or bring it with her.

Deciding that there would be time to retrieve the bag, hopefully, she left it on a chair. Opening the curtains she looked out before turning and heading out into the corridor.
    Entering the dining room, Jinny paused for a moment to look over who was there, then quietly went to the buffet table. Taking a plate, she laced some eggs on it, followed by a few other side items, tea, and juice.

Placing the meal on the table, she took a random seat and began eating, distractedly. She had a lot on her mind, and took the meal as a chance to mull them over.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

For Vivian, her folder contained nothing but gibberish; pictures that were too blurred, and words that were far too scrambled to make sense of. Despite this, there was something there, a sense or feeling that this wasn't just some cruel prank from a sadistic father. Like a distant memory moments away from being recalled, only for distraction to steal it back into the darkness of subconsciousness, she knew there was some clarity to be found within the notes but the answer eluded her for now. It was a puzzle, one without a rosetta stone, and worse of all, it was inked in magic.

For as convenient as Vivian had found it to be, she was also one of the few amongst them who knew just how much of a pain-in-the-ass magic could be. It was not something you could simply memorize a chant and accomplished, it was highly formulaic and individualistic as if some madman had decided to fill up an entire chalkboard with mathematic equations that made no sense other than to himself or those who he had mentored.

Boris looks at a staff member." I would like to test these axes. Know of anything I can use around here to test the strength of these axes?" Boris said.

" Oh, and I would also like to test how lethal they are. Hey, do you know if this place has ballistic dummies?" Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    For Vivian, her folder contained nothing but gibberish; pictures that were too blurred, and words that were far too scrambled to make sense of. Despite this, there was something there, a sense or feeling that this wasn't just some cruel prank from a sadistic father. Like a distant memory moments away from being recalled, only for distraction to steal it back into the darkness of subconsciousness, she knew there was some clarity to be found within the notes but the answer eluded her for now. It was a puzzle, one without a rosetta stone, and worse of all, it was inked in magic.

For as convenient as Vivian had found it to be, she was also one of the few amongst them who knew just how much of a pain-in-the-ass magic could be. It was not something you could simply memorize a chant and accomplished, it was highly formulaic and individualistic as if some madman had decided to fill up an entire chalkboard with mathematic equations that made no sense other than to himself or those who he had mentored.
    Vivian had learned a long time ago that nothing in life was free. Why had she expected any different from the fucking folder? Didn't matter she barely remembered anything, didn't matter that her 'father' had left it for her. No no... no. The paper was dripping with enchanted ink, the lines were wrong. The more she stared at it the more her head hurt. Had half a mind to light the fucking thing up, but the conflagration would more than probably kill her and everyone in this fucking Testament to Hunger.

... but what'd be so wrong with that.

Salem would probably kill them all anyway. Better to suffocate than be consumed...

"Heh hehehe..."

Lost in her rambling, Vivian didn't notice when someone joined her corner of the room.

[QUOTE=grampagen;5643565]"Mind if I join you?"

In perhaps a bit of haste, Suzie sunk down weakly into a seat at the far end of the table across from Vivian with a meager portion of pomegranate and a side of pickled herring with capers.

She was sporting a dark purple headband over her brow, and the whites of her glassy eyes had tinged with lines of red; though it was the gallon tin pot of coffee she set down between them which perhaps spoke the loudest.

"Couldn't sleep...feel it's going to be a persistent theme, like?," she mumbled miserably, slowly arranging red corpuscle seeds into bloody streaks on her plate when she glanced over the dossier in her half-sister's hand. Despite what little she'd begun to learn about Salem Impact Zone, its expansion and consumption, whatever Jojo's interest was in that place had a much greater impact on Vivian. Perhaps it was the way her head was still spinning, but curiosity once again got the better of her.

It took time, but the smell of the herring snapped her out of her haze.

"... feh. Never liked Salem Bay, shoreline was wrong.

"...something the matter?"
    Wuzzat about a matter?" Though it seemed she'd only come out at the last word.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian had learned a long time ago that nothing in life was free. Why had she expected any different from the fucking folder? Didn't matter she barely remembered anything, didn't matter that her 'father' had left it for her. No no... no. The paper was dripping with enchanted ink, the lines were wrong. The more she stared at it the more her head hurt. Had half a mind to light the fucking thing up, but the conflagration would more than probably kill her and everyone in this fucking Testament to Hunger.

... but what'd be so wrong with that.

Salem would probably kill them all anyway. Better to suffocate than be consumed...

"Heh hehehe..."

Lost in her rambling, Vivian didn't notice when someone joined her corner of the room.

It took time, but the smell of the herring snapped her out of her haze.

"... feh. Never liked Salem Bay, shoreline was wrong.

Wuzzat about a matter?" Though it seemed she'd only come out at the last word.
    Suzie tilt here head, and her lips touched each other pensively, as if she'd happened upon something she wasn't supposed to have seen. Peering at the Speedwagon Foundation folio in Vivian's hands, she averted her gaze, busying her hands with pouring out some coffee.

"Nevermind," she said hastily, sliding over the tin pot to Vivian. "I shan't pry..."

Silence, there, for a while, as Suzie sat there, prodding small morsels with her fork in a mechanical, birdlike manner. No sooner than a few bites did a deep exhale leave her.

"...is it true what they've been saying about Debra?"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Suzie tilt here head, and her lips touched each other pensively, as if she'd happened upon something she wasn't supposed to have seen. Peering at the Speedwagon Foundation folio in Vivian's hands, she averted her gaze, busying her hands with pouring out some coffee.

"Nevermind," she said hastily, sliding over the tin pot to Vivian. "I shan't pry..."

Silence, there, for a while, as Suzie sat there, prodding small morsels with her fork in a mechanical, birdlike manner. No sooner than a few bites did a deep exhale leave her.

"...is it true what they've been saying about Debra?"
    Vivian seemed half out of it, expression shifting between a thousand-yard state and a piercing gaze; but she was at the least cognizant enough to respond.

"She was, and how fitting. Domo too, from my understanding. Hironobu seemed well aware of it as well, known the whole time... and simply let her continue on." The mage cackled. "What a fucking joke, the Little Lord."

Tilting back in her chair, Vivian cracked her neck, and then her knuckles before offering Suzie a glance. "Who you think will kill us first, the 'enemy' vague and faceless such as it is, or our puppetmaster?"

Arx Inosaan

Regardless of whether they were ready or not, the time had come. Like dark clouds descending upon them, each one of them was ushered outside by a handful of staff members where they would be greeted by the summer heat, their luggage, their transportation, and of course, Hironobu.

"I hope you all managed to eat and go to the bathroom before this," He began, "You have a long day ahead of you, starting with a four-hour drive to Dallas. If you are to meet any interference, it'll most likely be on this route, so I must ask that you keep your wits about you." Two of the staff members wheeled out something covered in a black cloth.

"For the moment being, the most important question is going to be seating arrangements. As much as I would like to trust that you'll all be adults about this, I will provide a means of determining it should it prove too much for you." He said, placing his hand on the covered object, "The choice is yours."

Boris is looking at his axes." Seating arrangement doesn't matter to me. " Boris said.

Boris then puts the axes in holsters on the side of his pants. ( wish I had enough time to test out these axes but from an eye inspection. They look sturdy enough and sharp enough to cleave the head of a boar in two,) Boris thought.
    My Forum check it out