Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Boris looks at John," That sounds like a good idea," Boris said. Boris then practices his ventriloquism. Afterward, Boris has a dissatisfied expression.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

After a few moments of listening to the others talk, Jinny, sitting in the first row by the window, pulls out her cell phone and checks for a signal. Not finding one strong enough to place a call, she shuts it down and puts it away in her travel bag, on the floor just under her seat.

Making plans without knowing more about what they were getting into would be nearly impossible, she thought to herself.

After that thought, she spoke up, "Perhaps a better way to spend our time would be to share what we know already, including what we know about [Stands] in general and each of our personal [Stands] specifically. If we are to work as a team, we might as well start acting like one."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    After a few moments of listening to the others talk, Jinny, sitting in the first row by the window, pulls out her cell phone and checks for a signal. Not finding one strong enough to place a call, she shuts it down and puts it away in her travel bag, on the floor just under her seat.

Making plans without knowing more about what they were getting into would be nearly impossible, she thought to herself.

After that thought, she spoke up, "Perhaps a better way to spend our time would be to share what we know already, including what we know about [Stands] in general and each of our personal [Stands] specifically. If we are to work as a team, we might as well start acting like one."
    "You make a good point. If you all are willing to listen, I'll share what I know about my Stand"

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "You make a good point. If you all are willing to listen, I'll share what I know about my Stand"
    "Go for it."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "What you mean?" Miguel asked with a hefty degree of sarcasm. "If they're all atrevesado like her, we're in for a great time!" He wasn't entirely prepared to deal with whatever actual magic entailed, but he felt they were ill equipped to deal with it outside of stands, which they still knew very little about.

John called for a plan, but from his perspective there were still too many questions to ask before they started to come up with the answers.
    "Well, Vivian's not so bad, just...has a lot on her mind, is all."

Though, Miguel slipping into his native Spanish to find a word to describe the witch indicated his experience was likely quite different to her own. Was it the 'magician' thing?

"She just left home, after all, and days later she's already got to return to it on Jojo's business," Suzie said, before returning to the more pressing topic at hand.

"Taking something out of the Salem Impact Zone is likely going to be...very difficult. Near as I could tell, she said the forest provides as well as it takes. Makes sense if you think about it from a distance like? It wants to grow and spread, by any means necessary."

Seeing as they were definitely head to the wild heart of Massachusetts regardless, Suzie briefly outlines what Vivian had told her about what she called the Weald, and the implications for not just the flora as they well knew, but the fauna of the region - including the local people.

"We've seen what the saplings can do, what they did with Debr-," Suzie stopped for a moment, and swallowed the rest of the name with black coffee, "-the Estate Garden, yeah? Which is a shame since Johannes had to do...some sort of trial, to amuse Moonchild in order to procure them in the first place."

"Guess it depends on the 「Stand」 really," Miguel said contemplatively, He had given an attempt to figure out just what his own did the other night, before he went to bed. He didn't quite get the answers he sought, but he did end up with a bad feeling that if he continued as he did, he'd have something of a bad time. "Inventory though...not a bad idea, I can so that. Already kinda started one of my own to keep track of my bag of tricks," he mentioned, drawing out his checklist.
    Suzie's black lips formed a thin smile.

"...well, as far as Foundation orders go, I've pretty much told you all I've brought with me," she said. But when the conversation turned to the matter of 「Stands」, her more timid nature resumed itself.

"...「Jigsaw Feeling」's got a talent for snatching things up and pulling them apart, I suppose..."

Extraordinary Member

"Go for it."
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

Though, Miguel slipping into his native Spanish to find a word to describe the witch indicated his experience was likely quite different to her own. Was it the 'magician' thing?

"She just left home, after all, and days later she's already got to return to it on Jojo's business," Suzie said, before returning to the more pressing topic at hand.

"Taking something out of the Salem Impact Zone is likely going to be...very difficult. Near as I could tell, she said the forest provides as well as it takes. Makes sense if you think about it from a distance like? It wants to grow and spread, by any means necessary."

Seeing as they were definitely head to the wild heart of Massachusetts regardless, Suzie briefly outlines what Vivian had told her about what she called the Weald, and the implications for not just the flora as they well knew, but the fauna of the region - including the local people.

"We've seen what the saplings can do, what they did with Debr-," Suzie stopped for a moment, and swallowed the rest of the name with black coffee, "-the Estate Garden, yeah? Which is a shame since Johannes had to do...some sort of trial, to amuse Moonchild in order to procure them in the first place."

"...well, as far as Foundation orders go, I've pretty much told you all I've brought with me," she said. But when the conversation turned to the matter of 「Stands」, her more timid nature resumed itself.

"...「Jigsaw Feeling」's got a talent for snatching things up and pulling them apart, I suppose..."
    "My「Stands」 is known as Miracles" John began, "It's abilities are generated by it's hands, which allow it to Charge objects. One hand produces a positive Charge, the other a negative, with a strength that his determined by the length of the physical contact. The charges create an effect similar to magnetism, though it seems to only be a simulation of magnetism rather than the real McCoy, as I've gotten it to work on non-metallic objects, and from what I've gathered it doesn't have the same effect a magnet would on Electronics"

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "My「Stands」 is known as Miracles" John began, "It's abilities are generated by it's hands, which allow it to Charge objects. One hand produces a positive Charge, the other a negative, with a strength that his determined by the length of the physical contact. The charges create an effect similar to magnetism, though it seems to only be a simulation of magnetism rather than the real McCoy, as I've gotten it to work on non-metallic objects, and from what I've gathered it doesn't have the same effect a magnet would on Electronics"
    Jinny listened and considered what they shared, then look to the others, holding off on nher contribution for last since this was her idea, "Anyone else want to go next?"

" My Stand is called Big time. It can change the size of things, which is a pointless ability. Utterly useless ability if you ask me," Boris said. Boris not being into science has no grasp of Galileo's square-cube law.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-05-2021 at 05:40 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    OOC: Since we're at a crawl, I'm going to speed things up.
    ----

The first van was loaded, its occupants being Jinny, Boris, John, Miguel, Suzie, and Jamie; meanwhile, the second van would house Vivian, Sandra, and Lucy and the excess of luggage just to give everyone space. Somewhat pleased now that things were moving along, Hironobu gave them a small salute in farewell.

"Keep your eyes open and be safe out there," He said, "As annoying as some of you are, I would appreciate not losing any more of my family for the time being."

With that said and a gesture made, the drivers started up the vans and they began rolling away from the estate. As awkward as things had been, their journey had begun.
    It would be inaccurate to say Lucy had been late, even being the last one to take her seat. Though only the more astute soul would have kept track of her movements in and around the vans as Hirobu was explaining their mission one last time.

While transportation had been generously provided by the estate, one needed only remember the events of the past couple days to put an edge on the curtsey of a free lift..whoever it was from. Weither Hirobu cared at her lack of faith or not…it wouldn’t be long before he would have noticed her doing rather careful circles around their their rides to be. Checking the doors, inspecting the interior, the underside, eyeing the driver with a look that all but telegraphed her appraisal. Finally she turned to move towards her truck….stopped and backtraced her steps as the other were loading onto the first van.

“Suzie…” Lucy met the girl momentarily as she was loading herself into the van, and quickly slipped a canister out…pushing into firmly into the girls hand without letting the others getting into the van see. “In case we get separated on the way…..keep this handy. Gas grenade, pin trigger. Use only to disengage if your attacked….understand.”

The soldier gave the girl a swift nod and then disengaged herself before Susie could go into any questions of her own….specifically where she had been the past couple hours.

Finally she took her seat in the rear van and quietly sat back as the engines revved and Hirobu wished them good luck on their suicide mission.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " My Stand is called Big time. It can change the size of things, which is a pointless ability. Utterly useless ability if you ask me," Boris said. Boris not being into science has no grasp of Galileo's square-cube law.
    "Boris, don't bad mouth your [Stand]. The only limitations are with you, not with it. Be creative, use your imagination and visualize if you can all the ways you could use that ability. Now is as god a time as any to begin doing that." Jinny, offering him what advice and encouragement she could, though in the back of her mind she already understood just how potentially dangerous Big Time could be. Still, that was something Boris would have to figure out on his own.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Finally she took her seat in the rear van and quietly sat back as the engines revved and Hirobu wished them good luck on their suicide mission.
    Sandra was about to light up when she noticed Lucy sit down in the van. "****." She sighed and flicked her lighter off. "Hey, I'm about to smoke. Is that okay? I hate for you to hack up a lung," she said, every word dripping with sarcasm.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Not gonna lie, I don't like any of what you just said..." Miguel sighed, with a bitter laugh. "Then again, I don't know what I was expecting, though. Kinda hard not to get shaky. Being thrown into all this insanity." And the sanity they were about to enter now was normal for Vivian. Maybe he could coax her into explaining more but...that'd be rough. A peace offering of bacon might help.

"Playing cards, handcuffs, handkerchiefs, metal rings, plastic cups....couldn't bring my whole set on the road, but it's enough to set up a street show...if we were going anywhere impressed at all by stage magic," he chuckled. "Everyone feel free to list whatever else you got, so I can keep track of it!" Miguel noted. "Once we're done talking about stands. Speaking of which..."

"I have an idea of what mine does," Miguel stated. "It takes words. From anything and forms a sentence. Don't know what happens after that, but I don't like the implications of trying to find out, given what it's gathered so far."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Not gonna lie, I don't like any of what you just said..." Miguel sighed, with a bitter laugh. "Then again, I don't know what I was expecting, though. Kinda hard not to get shaky. Being thrown into all this insanity." And the sanity they were about to enter now was normal for Vivian. Maybe he could coax her into explaining more but...that'd be rough. A peace offering of bacon might help.

"Playing cards, handcuffs, handkerchiefs, metal rings, plastic cups....couldn't bring my whole set on the road, but it's enough to set up a street show...if we were going anywhere impressed at all by stage magic," he chuckled. "Everyone feel free to list whatever else you got, so I can keep track of it!" Miguel noted. "Once we're done talking about stands. Speaking of which..."

"I have an idea of what mine does," Miguel stated. "It takes words. From anything and forms a sentence. Don't know what happens after that, but I don't like the implications of trying to find out, given what it's gathered so far."
    "Sounds like you'll need to find a safe way to test your [Stand] out. What name have you given it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sandra was about to light up when she noticed Lucy sit down in the van. "****." She sighed and flicked her lighter off. "Hey, I'm about to smoke. Is that okay? I hate for you to hack up a lung," she said, every word dripping with sarcasm.
    Vivian on the other hand, simply lit up like normal. Only... there was no smoke, or ash that trickled from the end of the lit cigarette she puffed on. "Before you say something stupid, yea?" The Witch then said to Sandra, "You're welcome, sis."

Then Vivian set her sights on Lucy.

"You're supposed to be my half-sister too, yea?" Vivian said, eyeing her from beneath the brim of her hat.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Boris, don't bad mouth your [Stand]. The only limitations are with you, not with it. Be creative, use your imagination and visualize if you can all the ways you could use that ability. Now is as god a time as any to begin doing that." Jinny, offering him what advice and encouragement she could, though in the back of her mind she already understood just how potentially dangerous Big Time could be. Still, that was something Boris would have to figure out on his own.
    " Be creative, huh maybe I need a science guy to help me out. I know my stand shrinks and grows things, but I don't know how the process works. I have no idea the physics involved. I'm not an F#$king egghead," Boris said
    My Forum check it out