Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Predictable..."

Despite working in near unison, Jinny and John's attacks would fail to meet their target.

All because of one can of beer.

Suspended in the air from Genesis's wire-like limb, the canned beverage had clearly seen better days, its contents splattered across the ground with what remained trickling freely down the limb of Jinny's stand. Unlike the beer before, which had clearly been cold, this one felt hot and sticky, almost like a fresh mix of tar. Nestled at the bottom of the can was John's ball bearing, encased in the sticky alcohol like a fossilized insect entombed in sap.

"You are a horrible negotiator, fraulien," Partyman said, stepping back from his previous spot, " Resorting to violence when all I've given you is proof of my sincerity? What a poor sport! Couldn't stand the thought of being at the disadvantage during a deal, no?," A collection of tsks escaped his lips as he shook his head.

"Raspberry Beret! The deal is off, kill all of them."
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Yo, HOLD UP!" Miguel spoke up. "I've seen enough. But we don't gotta do this. Nobody has to die...You were willing to talk before, so let's talk..." he continued, in an attempt to settle things down. "I'm not exactly loaded with cash right now, so I don't have anything to offer. ...Which is fine by me. Always liked to take risks myself. So, how 'bout a challenge?"
    As Miguel spoke, Jinny recalled [Genesis] back, for now. As she did, she tried to figure this out. Her eyes glanced at the gas pumps briefly, then back towards Partyman and Miguel. An idea was forming, but it was risky and potentially dangerous.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

"Predictable..."

Despite working in near unison, Jinny and John's attacks would fail to meet their target.

All because of one can of beer.

Suspended in the air from Genesis's wire-like limb, the canned beverage had clearly seen better days, its contents splattered across the ground with what remained trickling freely down the limb of Jinny's stand. Unlike the beer before, which had clearly been cold, this one felt hot and sticky, almost like a fresh mix of tar. Nestled at the bottom of the can was John's ball bearing, encased in the sticky alcohol like a fossilized insect entombed in sap.

"You are a horrible negotiator, fraulien," Partyman said, stepping back from his previous spot, " Resorting to violence when all I've given you is proof of my sincerity? What a poor sport! Couldn't stand the thought of being at the disadvantage during a deal, no?," A collection of tsks escaped his lips as he shook his head.

"Raspberry Beret! The deal is off, kill all of them."
    "Yo, HOLD UP!" Miguel spoke up. "I've seen enough. But we don't gotta do this. Nobody has to die...You were willing to talk before, so let's talk..." he continued, in an attempt to settle things down. "I'm not exactly loaded with cash right now, so I don't have anything to offer. ...Which is fine by me. Always liked to take risks myself. So, how 'bout a challenge?"
    John prepared for another offensive, but held back on attacking, to let Miguel speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As Miguel spoke, Jinny recalled [Genesis] back, for now. As she did, she tried to figure this out. Her eyes glanced at the gas pumps briefly, then back towards Partyman and Miguel. An idea was forming, but it was risky and potentially dangerous.
    As Miguel spoke to Mr. Sticky (aka Partyman), Jinny tried to estimate the distance between herself and the nearest gas pump. Would it be close enough for [Genesis] to reach?

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    ( Okay looks like the cold water work,) Boris thought. Boris pulls his hand off the door and rushes into the bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Startled at the brief success, Suzie's face brightened as the cook freed himself...and yet her delight was cut short. Was it because he's been in here all day and thought nothing of it...?

"...y-yes, but never you mind," she said hurriedly, lifting the boots from the ground. The spreading puddle felt like it was like walking through mud, as if there was still glue pressed against her heels. "Now we know that cold water seems to loosen it, keep yourself safe and try to get out of here."

By this time, 「Jigsaw Feeling」had swallowed a substantial amount of ice, pouring it from the dispenser down its gullet. Hobbling over on tacky steps, Suzie herself reached the flooding machine, and shot an arcing stream past the counter that slowly flood towards the bathrooms.

On slow, dragging steps, Stand at her side, Suzie slowly made her ways to the washrooms, and finding the door Boris had torn off previously, suddenly was reminded of the complete lack of ventilation in the store, which caused her to gag.

Only the thought of saving the man that drove them here gave her the flaky courage to push ahead...into the men's room...

Oh god what am I even doing...
    As Boris and Suzie entered the restroom, they would find the driver of their van stuck to the wall, tightly encased in what appeared to be a cocoon. More concernedly, Raspberry Beret was missing.

"Oh! I'm surprised you managed to get outside," Partyman replied, "Perhaps you are a better negotiator than fraulein."

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    John prepared for another offensive, but held back on attacking, to let Miguel speak.
    Despite their advantage in numbers, the hitman didn't seem too concerned. Actually, he was more intrigued by Miguel's proposal, "A challenge? Hmm... in most cases, I would have simply killed you all when fraulein lied to me, but I am a forgiving man. Tell me about this challenge."

Jinny would find she could not recall her stand back. The beer that coated the stand's arm refused to come off, sticking to practically everything it came in contact with. Worst of all, exposed to the summer sun, it was beginning to cure and harden.

As Miguel spoke to Mr. Sticky (aka Partyman), Jinny tried to estimate the distance between herself and the nearest gas pump. Would it be close enough for [Genesis] to reach?
    There were roughly twenty feet between her and the gas pump and while a good portion of Genesis had been compromised, it still may be able to reach it.

As Boris and Suzie entered the restroom, they would find the driver of their van stuck to the wall, tightly encased in what appeared to be a cocoon. More concernedly, Raspberry Beret was missing.
    One foot over the expanding puddle into the men's room, Suzie was hit immediately by a wall of hot, moist air. More than the foetid, corpsed rot that lingered in its scent, like everything else under the roof of the Otto, she felt it cling to her. It brought her to pause faster than the physical stickiness, and but for the abject fear of what creature or man caused this stiffening her blood, she would have retched and loosed her disgust.

Only the sight of their driver stuck on the wall was enough to pull her out of it.

"Boris, he wasn't in here long," she said weakly, blinking hard as the sweat droplets pooled behind the rims of her shades, and the spectre of guilt pushed her forward. "What did he do to deserve this besides drive our lot?"

Looking back in forth from the sinks, past the stalls and the row of...of urinals, she didn't see anything spectral besides that strange resin that set upon the poor man. Where she stood in the open, she suddenly paused.

Whatever did this could be anywhere~!

Immediately,「Jigsaw Feeling」reached one of its long hands into its deep maw and pulled out a substantial amount of ice. Her Stand swiped its arm out before her, painting the wall with a spread of the little frozen fragments, intent on loosing their driver from his bonds, or else flush something out with the cold.

Jinny would find she could not recall her stand back. The beer that coated the stand's arm refused to come off, sticking to practically everything it came in contact with. Worst of all, exposed to the summer sun, it was beginning to cure and harden.

There were roughly twenty feet between her and the gas pump and while a good portion of Genesis had been compromised, it still may be able to reach it.
    Most of [Genesis] was still riding on her back and arms, like a cool, damp, jacket. But one tendril remained stuck to the ground near where the beer can had intercepted their attacks. She could tell that her Stand was not injured, but it can't be pleasant to be stuck like that. Or maybe that is just her projection onto it, her.

Jinny had thought this through. Miguel's talk of a challenge would end up just like her negotiation, and perhaps someone might get killed, someone else might get killed.

Art is more than just art, there is a science behind it. Her chemistry classes came to mind, and one interesting fact she hung on to. Gasoline dissolves most types of glue.

With that she pointed her arm at the nearest Fuel Pump, and watched as [Genesis] leapt from her body to the the pump's hose. The Stand sought to enter into the machine with the goal of getting the gasoline flowing onto the ground.

If Jinny's assumption is correct, this should free her and anyone else nearby stuck in place.

If not, she could only hope that no one has a match on them.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-23-2021 at 05:43 PM.

One foot over the expanding puddle into the men's room, Suzie was hit immediately by a wall of hot, moist air. More than the foetid, corpsed rot that lingered in its scent, like everything else under the roof of the Otto, she felt it cling to her. It brought her to pause faster than the physical stickiness, and but for the abject fear of what creature or man caused this stiffening her blood, she would have retched and loosed her disgust.

Only the sight of their driver stuck on the wall was enough to pull her out of it.

"Boris, he wasn't in here long," she said weakly, blinking hard as the sweat droplets pooled behind the rims of her shades, and the spectre of guilt pushed her forward. "What did he do to deserve this besides drive our lot?"

Looking back in forth from the sinks, past the stalls and the row of...of urinals, she didn't see anything spectral besides that strange resin that set upon the poor man. Where she stood in the open, she suddenly paused.

Immediately,「Jigsaw Feeling」reached one of its long hands into its deep maw and pulled out a substantial amount of ice. Her Stand swiped its arm out before her, painting the wall with a spread of the little frozen fragments, intent on loosing their driver from his bonds, or else flush something out with the cold.
    " Hmm, It might be possible for me to cut him out of that cocoon using one of my axes. Big Time see if you can do anything here!" Boris said.

Big Time points at the urinals and uses its ability to continually increase the size of the urinals. " I don't know how increasing the size of those urinals is going to do anything, but okay," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

"Oh! I'm surprised you managed to get outside," Partyman replied, "Perhaps you are a better negotiator than fraulein."

Despite their advantage in numbers, the hitman didn't seem too concerned. Actually, he was more intrigued by Miguel's proposal, "A challenge? Hmm... in most cases, I would have simply killed you all when fraulein lied to me, but I am a forgiving man. Tell me about this challenge."
    Miguel pointed to his pockets. "No weapons, nothing that could be used against you in there, just so you know. Just a pack of cards. I'm an amateur magician and card tricks are one of my specialties. But you seem like you're quick on the uptake. So how about we play a card game, a simple one. Best out of three. You pick out a card and I'll shuffle the deck. If you can correctly deduce where the card is twice. You can take our lives. You get it wrong twice we walk away scott free. "

"But!" Miguel raised a hand and wagged a finger. "That doesn't quite seem fair, does it? After all, I'm putting myself and my siblings at great risk while you ain't risking much at all! So, if you don't mind me upping the stakes for you a little, allow me to say in each of the three rounds you'll have two choices to make to ascertain the location of the card. I won't know where it'll end up myself until I start shuffling. But one of the wrong answers yields a penalty...So, knowing all that, you still game?"

" Hmm, It might be possible for me to cut him out of that cocoon using one of my axes. Big Time see if you can do anything here!" Boris said.

Big Time points at the urinals and uses its ability to continually increase the size of the urinals. " I don't know how increasing the size of those urinals is going to do anything, but okay," Boris said.
    As Big Time enlarged the urinals, Suzie's attempts to free their driver would prove to have some progress with enough passes over his face. The touch of ice was enough to cause the resin-like mask to slough off and the driver gasped deeply, only to gag and cough; still, he was alive, for now.

A loud clang could be heard behind them as the cover to an air vent fell from the ceiling, although what had caused it to fall had yet to show itself.

Most of [Genesis] was still riding on her back and arms, like a cool, damp, jacket. But one tendril remained stuck to the ground near where the beer can had intercepted their attacks. She could tell that her Stand was not injured, but it can't be pleasant to be stuck like that. Or maybe that is just her projection onto it, her.

Jinny had thought this through. Miguel's talk of a challenge would end up just like her negotiation, and perhaps someone might get killed, someone else might get killed.

Art is more than just art, there is a science behind it. Her chemistry classes came to mind, and one interesting fact she hung on to. Gasoline dissolves most types of glue.

With that she pointed her arm at the nearest Fuel Pump, and watched as [Genesis] leapt from her body to the the pump's hose. The Stand sought to enter into the machine with the goal of getting the gasoline flowing onto the ground.

If Jinny's assumption is correct, this should free her and anyone else nearby stuck in place.

If not, she could only hope that no one has a match on them.
    Stretching itself, Genesis would manage to reach the gas pump, greeted by the automated messages coming from the small screen on each pump, displaying some random ad for one of the various energy drinks the store sold. As it slipped into the machine, she would find that the pumps required the signal from the attendant inside to start the pump... that or else she would need to pay at the pump.

Miguel pointed to his pockets. "No weapons, nothing that could be used against you in there, just so you know. Just a pack of cards. I'm an amateur magician and card tricks are one of my specialties. But you seem like you're quick on the uptake. So how about we play a card game, a simple one. Best out of three. You pick out a card and I'll shuffle the deck. If you can correctly deduce where the card is twice. You can take our lives. You get it wrong twice we walk away scott free. "

"But!" Miguel raised a hand and wagged a finger. "That doesn't quite seem fair, does it? After all, I'm putting myself and my siblings at great risk while you ain't risking much at all! So, if you don't mind me upping the stakes for you a little, allow me to say in each of the three rounds you'll have two choices to make to ascertain the location of the card. I won't know where it'll end up myself until I start shuffling. But one of the wrong answers yields a penalty...So, knowing all that, you still game?"
    Partyman chuckled darkly at the proposal and for a moment, it was difficult to tell whether or not he would go for the challenge. This uncertainty would escalate as he reached behind his back and produced a snub-nosed revolver.

"You know... I could just kill you. In fact, I should after that insulting display by fraulein... but... I would not be Partyman if I did things the boring way."

Going through the chambers, he withdrew five bullets, leaving only one in the chamber that was then spun.

"I will add my own condition to this game by choosing the penalty. Should be obvious, no?" He declared, deciding to add Russian Roulette to this already convoluted game, "Also, should fraulein or one of the others interfere, you automatically lose. This should be a fair one-on-one, no?"

Stretching itself, Genesis would manage to reach the gas pump, greeted by the automated messages coming from the small screen on each pump, displaying some random ad for one of the various energy drinks the store sold. As it slipped into the machine, she would find that the pumps required the signal from the attendant inside to start the pump... that or else she would need to pay at the pump.

Partyman chuckled darkly at the proposal and for a moment, it was difficult to tell whether or not he would go for the challenge. This uncertainty would escalate as he reached behind his back and produced a snub-nosed revolver.

"You know... I could just kill you. In fact, I should after that insulting display by fraulein... but... I would not be Partyman if I did things the boring way."

Going through the chambers, he withdrew five bullets, leaving only one in the chamber that was then spun.

"I will add my own condition to this game by choosing the penalty. Should be obvious, no?" He declared, deciding to add Russian Roulette to this already convoluted game, "Also, should fraulein or one of the others interfere, you automatically lose. This should be a fair one-on-one, no?"
    Mentally telling [Genesis] to return, Jinny did not give up. Miguel's game was an ever greater risk than her attempt to negotiate. Yet, she had to give him the chance. These thoughts ran through her mind, but her face betrayed no emotion.

Glancing around, she survived the area. Were there any new cars approaching, looking for gas or a rest stop? Was there anyone else in the area? She could hear sounds coming from within the building, but could not quite make out what was going on inside. She tried to keep her frustration to a low simmer, playing out any scenario she could to try and work out a plan.

As she stood, her shoes stuck to the ground, she wiggled her toes, checking to see how quickly she could get out of her hiking shoes, if needed.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Wreckage Omega

At first, Sandra would find that the pages were nearly black with ink, yet with enough squinting, she might be able to make a few of the words of the madness mantra.

It was probably around this time that it became apparent that fighting in the middle of a highway near Dallas probably wasn't the best idea, as cars were swerving to avoid the wreckage and people, causing further crashes. Despite this, one doubted George was going to politely allow them to relocate to a suitable location.
    ****, they were about to get married.

While Sandra felt not even the tiniest bit sorry that piece of **** Flors died after he spent half the ride trying to kill them, it did put them in a tight spot. Her Stand was useless in an actual fight; it seemed Vivian didn't even have a Stand; which meant it was up to what-her-fucking-face to carry them to survival.

Or maybe not.

Sandra didn't really like what she was about to do, but here goes nothing.

She reached into her bag and pulled out the revolver she asked for and filled the thingy with bullets. She gave it a spin, then placed it inside her pocket. "Hey," she called out while rising from behind her cover. "I know you're pissed about Flors. I would be, too, if my man got iced by a bunch of strangers. And I also know you plan on killing us. Fair game. Just... before you do, hear me out." She raised her hands to show she was coming in peace.

For now.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

As Big Time enlarged the urinals, Suzie's attempts to free their driver would prove to have some progress with enough passes over his face. The touch of ice was enough to cause the resin-like mask to slough off and the driver gasped deeply, only to gag and cough; still, he was alive, for now.

A loud clang could be heard behind them as the cover to an air vent fell from the ceiling, although what had caused it to fall had yet to show itself.
    Boris looks at his stand " Okay is there a point to this, wait what was that sound?" Boris said.

What Big time was doing was enlarging the urinals until the pipes are unable to support their weight.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Seeing the ice thaw and part the resin, Suzie sighed with relief.

"Oh, thank God, he's alive," she said in the rancid air. Certainly wouldn't blame you for gagging, either...

Yet the driver wasn't out of this predicament yet...furthermore neither were they.

"...cold water will wash it out stop it before it starts," she thought aloud, "but if it sets like thus we'll need something colder-"

And when the air vent fell from the ceiling she started. Unable to touch the walls, stalls or sink, that left Suzi sinking to her knees in a fright.

Boris looks at his stand " Okay is there a point to this, wait what was that sound?" Boris said.

What Big time was doing was enlarging the urinals until the pipes are unable to support their weight.
    "...mate, what ar eyou doing?"

Seeing the ice thaw and part the resin, Suzie sighed with relief.

"Oh, thank God, he's alive," she said in the rancid air. Certainly wouldn't blame you for gagging, either...

Yet the driver wasn't out of this predicament yet...furthermore neither were they.

"...cold water will wash it out stop it before it starts," she thought aloud, "but if it sets like thus we'll need something colder-"

And when the air vent fell from the ceiling she started. Unable to touch the walls, stalls or sink, that left Suzi sinking to her knees in a fright.

"...mate, what ar eyou doing?"
    How should I know, have no clue what my stand is doing. I told it to see if it can do anything, and this is what it does. Maybe it's plan into break the plumbing ,by breaking the pipes? " Boris said.

" Wait if something's bigger it's heavier, that's common logic. Wait maybe the urinals will get so heavy that , their weight would break the pipes. " Boris said.
    My Forum check it out