Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 167
  1. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Fortunately, her glove had not adhered to her hand (or at least not yet), and Suzie would be able to rid herself of the sticky object by losing the glove. Unfortunately, her shoes were another story and unlike the glove, it would be very unwise to try and take them off.
    With a firm tug from elbow to wrist, like a worn stocking Suzie peeled back her glove and slung it off, trailing on the little snack box as she let it drop and fall some distance away from her.

    It was during this knock-kneed fit of consternation that she noticed that her boots were stuck to the floor. What's going on?! A small whimper left her, and stuck in place she felt helpless to do much more than twist and look around the aisles searching in vain for...for something.

    "Someone...somewhere...," her voice quavered, her breath shortening and her pulse rising in panic, "..."

    But there was nobody around that could help them. Whatever it was causing this was spreading its effect indiscriminately. It would almost be a bit of mischief, if it weren't for the occupational hazards facing the man directly in front of her.*

    "...what kind of person would do something like this...?"

    Unable to move for the time being, Suzie's thoughts, alit in fright, began to race.

    One step at the entrance had a bit of tack. But it wasn't until I'd seized upon something inside the store...

    Unthinkingly, she plucked at the shades on her face as she collected her thoughts; surely something she brought in with her wouldn't have been affected?

    *OOC: Would you say the panini man is within 3 meters (11 Range) of where Suzie is standing?
    Last edited by grampagen; 08-26-2021 at 04:26 PM.

  2. #122
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    He visibly twitched that Vivian's comment, muttering manically to himself, "It's okay-kay... just ignore them... Coughing, George's eyes darted nearby where an oddly-shaped, yet familiar creature materialized, "Florida-Georgia Line! Crush 'em!"

    "KILL!!"

    Raising both of its stubby arms upward, the stand slowly lowered its limbs. In response, the top of the van began to cave inward as if a massive weight had been placed atop of it.
    Vivian skittered out of the van quickly, mindful that she didn't lose her bag full of goodies in the process. "Silver-lining... don't have to worry about the driver no more." She muttered to herself, as she watched Sandra chuck a... book? at the loverboy. Did give her a minute to think and plan however, and with a sigh and a deep deep breath to consume her cigarette in one go; Vivian used some [Witchcraft] to make a smokescreen.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  3. #123

    Default

    Big Time starts shrinking the door Boris is stuck to.

  4. #124
    This Isn't Home Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Van Alpha - Inside

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Hey, what..." Miguel paused taking a minute to consider how one would end up in this situation. He would soon discover that he was in much of the same predicament. once he attempted to set the drinks down to offer assistance. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, what kinda..." Miguel turned his head, perplexed, attempting to shake his arms loose of the drinks, attempting to loosen them up from whatever had caused them to cling to him in the first place.
    The bottles, heavier than the strength of the adhesion, painfully tear off Miguel as they fall to the ground. Most of the plastic bottles harmlessly hit the ground but one iced tea explodes, creating a puddle of tea around Miguel's feet.

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris calls forth Big time." Big Time, do something about this damn door will ya!" Boris shouted.

    Big time moves its clocks around and points at the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Big Time starts shrinking the door Boris is stuck to.
    As the door shrinks, it tears itself off of its hinges placing its full weight onto the limb whose Boris hand still remained firmly stuck to the handle.

    Aside from lugging around the door and overall stickiness, Boris was freed from the doorway.

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    With a firm tug from elbow to wrist, like a worn stocking Suzie peeled back her glove and slung it off, trailing on the little snack box as she let it drop and fall some distance away from her.

    It was during this knock-kneed fit of consternation that she noticed that her boots were stuck to the floor. What's going on?! A small whimper left her, and stuck in place she felt helpless to do much more than twist and look around the aisles searching in vain for...for something.

    "Someone...somewhere...," her voice quavered, her breath shortening and her pulse rising in panic, "..."

    But there was nobody around that could help them. Whatever it was causing this was spreading its effect indiscriminately. It would almost be a bit of mischief, if it weren't for the occupational hazards facing the man directly in front of her.*

    "...what kind of person would do something like this...?"

    Unable to move for the time being, Suzie's thoughts, alit in fright, began to race.

    One step at the entrance had a bit of tack. But it wasn't until I'd seized upon something inside the store...

    Unthinkingly, she plucked at the shades on her face as she collected her thoughts; surely something she brought in with her wouldn't have been affected?

    *OOC: Would you say the panini man is within 3 meters (11 Range) of where Suzie is standing?
    OOC: I would say so if she went up to make an order)
    ------

    Indeed, Suzie would find that her sunglasses weren't affected, or at least, not as affected as the rest. Still slightly cool from both the van and store's previously working air conditioner, they were only mildly sticky at the moment.

    Van Alpha - Outside

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitching slightly as [Genesis] returned, Jinny managed, somehow to hold it together and stay calm. Unable to move her feet, and unarmed, her mind raced with thoughts about what to do. As she did, she continued to calmly look at her attacker, and did the one thing that occasionally worked in situations likes this, at least in the movies, "So, tell me, which terrorist organization are you with?"
    Partyman chuckled, only to wag his finger as he took another drink of his beer.

    "Oh no!" He began, tossing the can into one of the trash cans that reside next to the gas pumps, "Partyman only answers to the true god: money. Someone paid big bucks for me to deal with you."

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    John, meanwhile had been waiting in the van for the others, not seeing any need to go inside. However, upon noticing the commotion, he exited and approached the truck stop, as covertly as he could.
    While John had yet to encounter the stickiness plaguing his siblings, once he stepped out, he would find the concrete ground almost tar-like in its adhesion. Even as out of the loop he might have been, it was fairly obvious he would need to move fast and make an even faster decision on who to help.

    Wreckage Formerly Known as Van Omega

    If the driver wasn't dead, he certainly was now as the van was crushed into scrap metal. While Vivian's suspicions would no doubt be alleviated by this, unfortunately, this also meant that they were stranded on the middle of a busy highway with a madman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    When Sandra climbed out of the van to join her "sisters" against the unknown maniac who thought standing in the middle of the fucking street was just a great idea, she squinted her eyes as she beheld him. "The fuck is that?" she muttered.

    "Wait, shit!"

    It was one of those two jackasses from the bus! Those fucking psychos nearly killed them all, along with that dickhead driver. She growled and sheathed one of her knives. "Fucker wants to join his boy in hell. Let's give 'im a one-way ticket!"

    「Bring Me The Throne」 materialized in Sandra's empty hand. The book had proven its worth in the wee hours of that morning against "Debra". It was time to see what kind of fucking crazy shit it could do in a fight. "Go Stand Go!" she shouted as she hurled the book at George with all her might.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian skittered out of the van quickly, mindful that she didn't lose her bag full of goodies in the process. "Silver-lining... don't have to worry about the driver no more." She muttered to herself, as she watched Sandra chuck a... book? at the loverboy. Did give her a minute to think and plan, however, and with a sigh and a deep deep breath to consume her cigarette in one go; Vivian used some [Witchcraft] to make a smokescreen.
    Before George could refocus to give Florida-Georgia Line its next target, Vivian and Sandra bit of teamwork caught him off guard as the smokescreen obscured the unconventional projectile. Catching him across the jaw, the George shrieked in pain.

    "WHATTHE? A fuckin' book?!"

  5. #125
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao
    Partyman chuckled, only to wag his finger as he took another drink of his beer.

    "Oh no!" He began, tossing the can into one of the trash cans that reside next to the gas pumps, "Partyman only answers to the true god: money. Someone paid big bucks for me to deal with you."
    "Big bucks, huh? How Big? A million? Ten million?" Jinny's tone of voice and mannerism implied potential negotiation.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  6. #126
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Van Alpha - InsideThe bottles, heavier than the strength of the adhesion, painfully tear off Miguel as they fall to the ground. Most of the plastic bottles harmlessly hit the ground but one iced tea explodes, creating a puddle of tea around Miguel's feet.
    "¡Estar que se lo lleva puta !" Miguel swore in annoyance as the removal of the drinks felt more akin to ripping an unusually large bandage out from his arms. He balled his hands tightly into fists for a moment, the confusion at his current predicament overriding any sense of relief he had gotten from freeing himself.. It wasn't just him and the cashier having trouble from the look of it. IT was as if someone washed over everything in the store with a varnish of glue.

    Certainly not an normal occurrence...Miguel closed his eyes briefly in annoyance. It had to happen sooner or later, didn't. "This must be the work of an enemy 「St-" Miguel began, taking a step forward to head outside, only to slip a little on the ice tea, the situation developing around the store having cause him to briefly forget the puddle on the floor. He caught himself on the magazine rack and managed to pull himself up. He quickly removed them, but soon found further misfortune as the stack of automobile and sports magazines seemed to just as quickly attached to his hands.

    "Uh, I'll uh...pay for these later..." He trailed off, turning to speak to the cashier, who he was quickly reminded had her own problems she was dealing with. No, the sooner he spotted the enemy Stand user the better. And peering just outside...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Partyman chuckled, only to wag his finger as he took another drink of his beer.

    "Oh no!" He began, tossing the can into one of the trash cans that reside next to the gas pumps, "Partyman only answers to the true god: money. Someone paid big bucks for me to deal with you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Big bucks, huh? How Big? A million? Ten million?" Jinny's tone of voice and mannerism implied potential negotiation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    John, meanwhile had been waiting in the van for the others, not seeing any need to go inside. However, upon noticing the commotion, he exited and approached the truck stop, as covertly as he could.
    Jinny was conversing with some shady looking dude in a a feather jacket and John wasn't too far. And standing behind the stranger. Well there was no mistaking it, it was a stand. Attempting to step over the puddle this time, Miguel tried to hurry towards the door. He wasn't sure just how useful his ability would be but he wasn't gonna stand by and let everyone get themselves stuck.

    He attempted to use his now magazine covered hands to open the door without getting stuck to the handle. That way, if the magazines became stuck themselves to the handle, all he'd have to to do is exert minimal effort to free himself by tearing out the pages.

  7. #127
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    15,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian skittered out of the van quickly, mindful that she didn't lose her bag full of goodies in the process. "Silver-lining... don't have to worry about the driver no more." She muttered to herself, as she watched Sandra chuck a... book? at the loverboy. Did give her a minute to think and plan however, and with a sigh and a deep deep breath to consume her cigarette in one go; Vivian used some [Witchcraft] to make a smokescreen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Before George could refocus to give Florida-Georgia Line its next target, Vivian and Sandra bit of teamwork caught him off guard as the smokescreen obscured the unconventional projectile. Catching him across the jaw, the George shrieked in pain.

    "WHATTHE? A fuckin' book?!"
    Thanks to some timely help from Vivian and her weird occult shit, Sandra's stand scored a direct hit. It... did nothing.

    Well, not nothing. It seemed to hurt, so there was that.

    "Yeah, a fuckin' book, dickhole! Nice going, sis!" she cheered, giving Vivian a thumbs up. Fuck, that driver dude is dead. That sucks. Being crushed in the wreckage had to suck big time. Good thing Sandra got her stuff out when she got out of the van.

    Alright, now what? She took cover behind the wreckage and summoned her stand back to her hand. She opened it and looked to see if anything was written about George.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

  8. #128
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Thanks to some timely help from Vivian and her weird occult shit, Sandra's stand scored a direct hit. It... did nothing.

    Well, not nothing. It seemed to hurt, so there was that.

    "Yeah, a fuckin' book, dickhole! Nice going, sis!" she cheered, giving Vivian a thumbs up. Fuck, that driver dude is dead. That sucks. Being crushed in the wreckage had to suck big time. Good thing Sandra got her stuff out when she got out of the van.

    Alright, now what? She took cover behind the wreckage and summoned her stand back to her hand. She opened it and looked to see if anything was written about George.
    Vivian saw Sandra duck, as if someone was gonna throw something back and not, y'know, attempt to crush her to death invisibly.

    "Got anything else to throw? Or you saving the booze for the wake?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  9. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    OOC: I would say so if she went up to make an order)
    ------

    Indeed, Suzie would find that her sunglasses weren't affected, or at least, not as affected as the rest. Still slightly cool from both the van and store's previously working air conditioner, they were only mildly sticky at the moment.
    Briefly lifting the dark off her eyes, Suzie had only considered how she'd clear her vision, when she found the sunglasses cool to the touch, something familiar to the fingers...

    !! Still cold... With the shade off the bridge of her nose, she quickly set them back into place. If it's a matter of temperature... Already it was starting to get sticky to the touch. There wasn't much time.

    Yet even for the trepidation facer her, the man she'd given the order to still had his hand stuck to the spatula. It was bad enough that someone was after them, but everyone else in the Otto was caught up in something they had no part of. Twisting her head back and forth, Suzie sought some way to at least help this man, some way to cool him down.

    Out of the corner of her eye, just out of arm's reach on the counter was the soda dispenser. If I could just get ahold of this, the water or the ice... Listlessly, she lift her hand up-

    JYA-SHAAA---!!!

    ...and reflexively,「Jigsaw Feeling」 swiped its arm out and cumbersomely slapped the entire top of the machine off.

    "Barmy...-!!"

  10. #130
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Big bucks, huh? How Big? A million? Ten million?" Jinny's tone of voice and mannerism implied potential negotiation.
    John was close enough to hear Jinny, vaguely. He caught enough to tell she was trying to negotiate, at least. He didn't want to interupt, on the off chance that negotiating there way out of this was possible. But nor would he sit idle. He retrieved a ball bearing from the pouch of them he had received from their allies, and summoned his stand. The Stand's hand touched both the Ball bearing, and John's own hand. Should the enemy make an aggressive move, John's stand with withdraw move his hand away, and the like charges would propel the ball into the enemy like a bullet. He made sure to position his stand's hand in a manner that would allow him to still fire event if his stand's hand stuck to his.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "¡Estar que se lo lleva puta !" Miguel swore in annoyance as the removal of the drinks felt more akin to ripping an unusually large bandage out from his arms. He balled his hands tightly into fists for a moment, the confusion at his current predicament overriding any sense of relief he had gotten from freeing himself.. It wasn't just him and the cashier having trouble from the look of it. IT was as if someone washed over everything in the store with a varnish of glue.

    Certainly not an normal occurrence...Miguel closed his eyes briefly in annoyance. It had to happen sooner or later, didn't. "This must be the work of an enemy 「St-" Miguel began, taking a step forward to head outside, only to slip a little on the ice tea, the situation developing around the store having cause him to briefly forget the puddle on the floor. He caught himself on the magazine rack and managed to pull himself up. He quickly removed them, but soon found further misfortune as the stack of automobile and sports magazines seemed to just as quickly attached to his hands.

    "Uh, I'll uh...pay for these later..." He trailed off, turning to speak to the cashier, who he was quickly reminded had her own problems she was dealing with. No, the sooner he spotted the enemy Stand user the better. And peering just outside...







    Jinny was conversing with some shady looking dude in a a feather jacket and John wasn't too far. And standing behind the stranger. Well there was no mistaking it, it was a stand. Attempting to step over the puddle this time, Miguel tried to hurry towards the door. He wasn't sure just how useful his ability would be but he wasn't gonna stand by and let everyone get themselves stuck.

    He attempted to use his now magazine covered hands to open the door without getting stuck to the handle. That way, if the magazines became stuck themselves to the handle, all he'd have to to do is exert minimal effort to free himself by tearing out the pages.
    John held a gaze with Miguel long enough to let the other man know he saw him.

  11. #131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Van Alpha - Inside



    The bottles, heavier than the strength of the adhesion, painfully tear off Miguel as they fall to the ground. Most of the plastic bottles harmlessly hit the ground but one iced tea explodes, creating a puddle of tea around Miguel's feet.





    As the door shrinks, it tears itself off of its hinges placing its full weight onto the limb whose Boris hand still remained firmly stuck to the handle.

    Aside from lugging around the door and overall stickiness, Boris was freed from the doorway.



    OOC: I would say so if she went up to make an order)
    ------

    Indeed, Suzie would find that her sunglasses weren't affected, or at least, not as affected as the rest. Still slightly cool from both the van and store's previously working air conditioner, they were only mildly sticky at the moment.

    Van Alpha - Outside



    Partyman chuckled, only to wag his finger as he took another drink of his beer.

    "Oh no!" He began, tossing the can into one of the trash cans that reside next to the gas pumps, "Partyman only answers to the true god: money. Someone paid big bucks for me to deal with you."



    While John had yet to encounter the stickiness plaguing his siblings, once he stepped out, he would find the concrete ground almost tar-like in its adhesion. Even as out of the loop he might have been, it was fairly obvious he would need to move fast and make an even faster decision on who to help.

    Wreckage Formerly Known as Van Omega

    If the driver wasn't dead, he certainly was now as the van was crushed into scrap metal. While Vivian's suspicions would no doubt be alleviated by this, unfortunately, this also meant that they were stranded on the middle of a busy highway with a madman.





    Before George could refocus to give Florida-Georgia Line its next target, Vivian and Sandra bit of teamwork caught him off guard as the smokescreen obscured the unconventional projectile. Catching him across the jaw, the George shrieked in pain.

    "WHATTHE? A fuckin' book?!"
    Boris walks around with the shrunken door." Hey, can someone help me get unstuck from this damn door?" Boris shouted.

    ( Fuck, why does this door feel like it hasn't lost any weight, even though it's smaller?) Boris thought.

  12. #132
    This Isn't Home Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Van Alpha

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Big bucks, huh? How Big? A million? Ten million?" Jinny's tone of voice and mannerism implied potential negotiation.
    "Oh, you want to place a bid. As for the price... well, it will not be cheap, fraulein." Partyman said with a dark chuckle, "... How much will you pay to save yourself?"

    Cracking open the second can of beer, the one he had previously tossed over to Jinny, he awaited her answer, a devilish glee in his eyes.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "¡Estar que se lo lleva puta !" Miguel swore in annoyance as the removal of the drinks felt more akin to ripping an unusually large bandage out from his arms. He balled his hands tightly into fists for a moment, the confusion at his current predicament overriding any sense of relief he had gotten from freeing himself.. It wasn't just him and the cashier having trouble from the look of it. IT was as if someone washed over everything in the store with a varnish of glue.

    Certainly not an normal occurrence...Miguel closed his eyes briefly in annoyance. It had to happen sooner or later, didn't. "This must be the work of an enemy 「St-" Miguel began, taking a step forward to head outside, only to slip a little on the ice tea, the situation developing around the store having cause him to briefly forget the puddle on the floor. He caught himself on the magazine rack and managed to pull himself up. He quickly removed them, but soon found further misfortune as the stack of automobile and sports magazines seemed to just as quickly attached to his hands.

    "Uh, I'll uh...pay for these later..." He trailed off, turning to speak to the cashier, who he was quickly reminded had her own problems she was dealing with. No, the sooner he spotted the enemy Stand user the better. And peering just outside...


    Jinny was conversing with some shady looking dude in a a feather jacket and John wasn't too far. And standing behind the stranger. Well there was no mistaking it, it was a stand. Attempting to step over the puddle this time, Miguel tried to hurry towards the door. He wasn't sure just how useful his ability would be but he wasn't gonna stand by and let everyone get themselves stuck.

    He attempted to use his now magazine covered hands to open the door without getting stuck to the handle. That way, if the magazines became stuck themselves to the handle, all he'd have to to do is exert minimal effort to free himself by tearing out the pages.
    The poor woman manning the cash register didn't seem to notice his unintentional theft nor his slip up, although one could hardly say this was a time to laugh at another's misfortune. As Miguel progressed, he would feel bits and pieces of his shoes tearing away with each step as the ground seemed to become sticker the longer they languished in there.

    Surprisingly, he would find the door handle did not stick to the magazines, the latter acting a very awkward set of gloves from whatever effects this enemy stand user had placed upon them. Unfortunately, if he was trying to maintain any form of stealth, it would be ruined by the cheerful jingling of the door's bells.

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris walks around with the shrunken door." Hey, can someone help me get unstuck from this damn door?" Boris shouted.

    ( Fuck, why does this door feel like it hasn't lost any weight, even though it's smaller?) Boris thought.
    Boris would find little in the ways of help considering everyone else was in the same predicament and much like Miguel, he would find bits and pieces of his footwear tearing away with each step he took. If he wasn't careful, he would soon be barefoot.

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Briefly lifting the dark off her eyes, Suzie had only considered how she'd clear her vision, when she found the sunglasses cool to the touch, something familiar to the fingers...

    !! Still cold... With the shade off the bridge of her nose, she quickly set them back into place. If it's a matter of temperature... Already it was starting to get sticky to the touch. There wasn't much time.

    Yet even for the trepidation facer her, the man she'd given the order to still had his hand stuck to the spatula. It was bad enough that someone was after them, but everyone else in the Otto was caught up in something they had no part of. Twisting her head back and forth, Suzie sought some way to at least help this man, some way to cool him down.

    Out of the corner of her eye, just out of arm's reach on the counter was the soda dispenser. If I could just get ahold of this, the water or the ice... Listlessly, she lift her hand up-

    JYA-SHAAA---!!!

    ...and reflexively,「Jigsaw Feeling」 swiped its arm out and cumbersomely slapped the entire top of the machine off.

    "Barmy...-!!"
    The top of the soda machine came off, slamming into the nearby wall only to stick there and while Jigsaw Feeling had touched it just enough to strike, Suzie would feel a similar sensation to a stubborn hair wax strip being ripped off.

    Still, she had accomplished getting the machine open and had access to the fluids within.

  13. #133
    This Isn't Home Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Wreckage Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Thanks to some timely help from Vivian and her weird occult shit, Sandra's stand scored a direct hit. It... did nothing.

    Well, not nothing. It seemed to hurt, so there was that.

    "Yeah, a fuckin' book, dickhole! Nice going, sis!" she cheered, giving Vivian a thumbs up. Fuck, that driver dude is dead. That sucks. Being crushed in the wreckage had to suck big time. Good thing Sandra got her stuff out when she got out of the van.

    Alright, now what? She took cover behind the wreckage and summoned her stand back to her hand. She opened it and looked to see if anything was written about George.
    At first, Sandra would find that the pages were nearly black with ink, yet with enough squinting, she might be able to make a few of the words of the madness mantra.

    KILL... AVENGE FLORS... KILL... UPCOMING WEDDING... KILL... MAKE THEM PAY... KILL...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian saw Sandra duck, as if someone was gonna throw something back and not, y'know, attempt to crush her to death invisibly.

    "Got anything else to throw? Or you saving the booze for the wake?"
    It was probably around this time that it became apparent that fighting in the middle of a highway near Dallas probably wasn't the best idea, as cars were swerving to avoid the wreckage and people, causing further crashes. Despite this, one doubted George was going to politely allow them to relocate to a suitable location.

  14. #134
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Van Alpha
    "Oh, you want to place a bid. As for the price... well, it will not be cheap, fraulein." Partyman said with a dark chuckle, "... How much will you pay to save yourself?"

    Cracking open the second can of beer, the one he had previously tossed over to Jinny, he awaited her answer, a devilish glee in his eyes.
    Jinny had been to more then enough art auctions to see where this was headed. The most difficult to navigate were blind auctions where there was no way to tell what the minimum was, or what the maximum current bid was, and that is what she was facing now. A voice in the back of her mind reminded her of what her goal was, and to stay focused.

    Pausing as if in thought, considering what bid ot make, she also listened as carefully as she could. There were sounds coming from within the building, but not the normal kinds of sounds. It was not hard to make assumptions as to what was happening inside, though she could not be sure. The one thing she did know, somehow, was that her siblings would not be taken down without a fight. And neither would she.

    After a minute or two, she responded, "500 Million to stand down and back off. That is my opening bid."
    Last edited by Tami; 09-16-2021 at 06:08 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  15. #135
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Van AlphaThe poor woman manning the cash register didn't seem to notice his unintentional theft nor his slip up, although one could hardly say this was a time to laugh at another's misfortune. As Miguel progressed, he would feel bits and pieces of his shoes tearing away with each step as the ground seemed to become sticker the longer they languished in there.

    Surprisingly, he would find the door handle did not stick to the magazines, the latter acting a very awkward set of gloves from whatever effects this enemy stand user had placed upon them. Unfortunately, if he was trying to maintain any form of stealth, it would be ruined by the cheerful jingling of the door's bells.
    "Shit!" The situation had him so tensed, the thought of the bells jingling didn't even cross his mind. Didn't matter now, he was here...and right before him was Jinny facing down who he assumed to be the one responsible for this situation. Nothing more to do but open the door further and step outside, but...the magazines weren't sticking? Seemed this 「Stand」 's power didn't quite effect everything the same way.

    But why magazines? ....Well perhaps he'd figure it out in a second. With an awkward motion he placed his other, magazine covered hand towards the ground and with effort as his shoes began to rip apart, he stepped on one of the pages to tear it off and act as a makeshift platform of sorts in case the ground outside was just as sticky, He then did the same with the other foot and as soon as he was done he stood up to face their supposed assailant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Jinny had been to more then enough art auctions to see where this was headed. The most difficult to navigate were blind auctions where there was no way to tell what the minimum was, or what the maximum current bid was, and that is what she was facing now. A voice in the back of her mind reminded her of what her goal was, and to stay focused.

    Pausing as if in thought, considering what bid ot make, she also listened as carefully as she could. There were sounds coming from within the building, but not the normal kinds of sounds. It was not hard to make assumptions as to what was happening inside, though she could not be sure. The one thing she did know, somehow, was that her siblings would not be taken down without a fight. And neither would she.

    After a minute or two, she responded, "500 Million to stand down and back off. That is my opening bid."
    Though, he was a bit perplexed over the current course of the conversation. Was Jinny attempting to buy him off? Well...if it worked, it worked, but Miguel wasn't all too convinced given this guy's demented demeanor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •