Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 158
  1. #16
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Regardless of whether they were ready or not, the time had come. Like dark clouds descending upon them, each one of them was ushered outside by a handful of staff members where they would be greeted by the summer heat, their luggage, their transportation, and of course, Hironobu.

    "I hope you all managed to eat and go to the bathroom before this," He began, "You have a long day ahead of you, starting with a four-hour drive to Dallas. If you are to meet any interference, it'll most likely be on this route, so I must ask that you keep your wits about you." Two of the staff members wheeled out something covered in a black cloth.

    "For the moment being, the most important question is going to be seating arrangements. As much as I would like to trust that you'll all be adults about this, I will provide a means of determining it should it prove too much for you." He said, placing his hand on the covered object, "The choice is yours."
    There had been enough time for Jinny to eat and otherwise prepare herself for the upcoming trip. Now outside with the others, she stood there in the summer heat, listening to Hiro, wondering what he was talking about.

    The object covered in cloth, wheeled out before them, seemed rather odd. "What is all the secrecy? Or are you just playing games with us?" She was almost tempted to remove the black cloth from the object herself, both out of curiosity as well as a means to finally be on their way.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian seemed half out of it, expression shifting between a thousand-yard state and a piercing gaze; but she was at the least cognizant enough to respond.

    "She was, and how fitting. Domo too, from my understanding. Hironobu seemed well aware of it as well, known the whole time... and simply let her continue on." The mage cackled. "What a fucking joke, the Little Lord."

    Tilting back in her chair, Vivian cracked her neck, and then her knuckles before offering Suzie a glance. "Who you think will kill us first, the 'enemy' vague and faceless such as it is, or our puppetmaster?"
    "The both of them, the entire time...?" Suzie sighed, "What's it say about the state of it all when the only ones willing to reach out to us aren't even family?"

    Dabbing her lips, her napkin was stained blood red from the pomegranate seeds, and at Vivian's question, she paused and lowered her head to avoid her eyes; there was something feverish about them that made her visibly uncomfortable.

    "Suppose that would depend on how much of this is for real, yeah?" she repleid, "As much as Hironobu-san swears by his timing, not even Jojo had it figured out until it was too late. Right now, honestly, I'm not so sure, but I'm at least certain that the OSS can't be reasoned with if they're willing to go so far just for this Avalon thing."

    Swiftly the pomegranate husk was depleted. She'd grabbed it for a little taste of home at first, but it was more bittersweet than usual.

    "I know he said if we stayed here we'd marked ourselves as willing, but partaking in this Stand business as it is, like? Seems to be holding us to the letter of an unwilling contract, just because of how we'd happened to be born."

  3. #18
    This Isn't Home Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    There had been enough time for Jinny to eat and otherwise prepare herself for the upcoming trip. Now outside with the others, she stood there in the summer heat, listening to Hiro, wondering what he was talking about.

    The object covered in cloth, wheeled out before them, seemed rather odd. "What is all the secrecy? Or are you just playing games with us?" She was almost tempted to remove the black cloth from the object herself, both out of curiosity as well as a means to finally be on their way.
    "So quick to be dramatic," He muttered, "Look, either pick a van or draw a lot."

    Putting back the cover, the mysterious object would remain to be one unless any of them were familiar with a bingo draw machine.

    "Either way, I intend to have you out of here as soon as possible. Unless you lot enjoy baking in the heat."

  4. #19
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "So quick to be dramatic," He muttered, "Look, either pick a van or draw a lot."

    Putting back the cover, the mysterious object would remain to be one unless any of them were familiar with a bingo draw machine.

    "Either way, I intend to have you out of here as soon as possible. Unless you lot enjoy baking in the heat."
    "Why didn't you say so? I assumed that we would all be traveling together in the same van." Jinny shrugs, then heads over to one of the vehicles. Pausing, she then turned to Hiro, "You really should learn how to simplify things. All you had to say was get in the van."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  5. #20
    This Isn't Home Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Why didn't you say so? I assumed that we would all be traveling together in the same van." Jinny shrugs, then heads over to one of the vehicles. Pausing, she then turned to Hiro, "You really should learn how to simplify things. All you had to say was get in the van."
    As Jinny climbed into the first van, Hironobu rolled his eyes, before turning to the others, "Well?"

    The teenagers' impatience was growing and those remaining had the choice between two identical white vans, which of which could comfortably hold six or seven people, plus or minus the amount of luggage they had requested. Although Jinny didn't see the importance of her choice, plenty of things could happen between here and Dallas.

  6. #21
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    As Jinny climbed into the first van, Hironobu rolled his eyes, before turning to the others, "Well?"

    The teenagers' impatience was growing and those remaining had the choice between two identical white vans, which of which could comfortably hold six or seven people, plus or minus the amount of luggage they had requested. Although Jinny didn't see the importance of her choice, plenty of things could happen between here and Dallas.
    Vivian closes her eyes and waves her hand around randomly, feigning some sort of magical mumbo jumbo before cackling to herself and hopping into the second van.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  7. #22

    Default

    Boris looks at both vans and takes out a coin from his pocket. He flips the coin to decide which van to get in. The coin lands on tails and, Boris gets into the first van.

  8. #23
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    15,438

    Default

    Sandra ate breakfast quickly. She didn't want to talk to anyone and she had more important things to do. Sleep oddly came easily, despite everything she learned and encountered the night before. She supposed all the excitement left her mentally exhausted and staying up until well after midnight left her equally physically exhausted. All in all, it was a restful slumber, one of the few she had gotten in the days and weeks leading up to the will reading. As far as that shit went, she could easily think about that on the fucking four-hour drive to Dallas. The last place she wanted to be was stuck in a van with a bunch of shit-stains, but she long determined no one gave a shit what she wanted.

    That was why she felt zero (0) remorse for clearing out her "father's" liquor cabinet. She placed as many bottles as she could fit in the small dufflebag she found... somewhere. It wasn't like anyone was going to take umbrage. If they did, they could the skin off her dick and kiss her ass when they were done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Regardless of whether they were ready or not, the time had come. Like dark clouds descending upon them, each one of them was ushered outside by a handful of staff members where they would be greeted by the summer heat, their luggage, their transportation, and of course, Hironobu.

    "I hope you all managed to eat and go to the bathroom before this," He began, "You have a long day ahead of you, starting with a four-hour drive to Dallas. If you are to meet any interference, it'll most likely be on this route, so I must ask that you keep your wits about you." Two of the staff members wheeled out something covered in a black cloth.

    "For the moment being, the most important question is going to be seating arrangements. As much as I would like to trust that you'll all be adults about this, I will provide a means of determining it should it prove too much for you." He said, placing his hand on the covered object, "The choice is yours."
    The sound of over a dozen bottles clinking together inside the dufflebag heralded Sandra's arrival. Seemed they had a choice of which van they wanted to take. They both were the same and her "siblings" all annoyed her equally, so it was literally just a flip of a coin for Sandra.

    "Guess I'll pick this one!" she declared in a sarcastically cheerful tone as she climbed into the second van. Oh great it's... fuck was her name? Veronica? Whatever. She's not as annoying. She noticed Boris get into the first van and let out a sigh of relief. Now if Little Miss Know-It-All can join him, I won't have to burn through my new stash in the first hour.

    She cracked open a bottle of rum and took a swig.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Bacon was still being scarfed down as Miguel stepped outside to join the others, a handful of books from the library in his possession. "Thought I'd bring some reading along the way. Hope you don't mind, kid," he shrugged at Hironobu. Wiping his face off with a napkin wit one hand, the other reached into his pocket and drew out a coin. Heads, van 1, tails...van 2...." Miguel tossed the coin into the air, letting it land on the back of his hand as he glanced at the results. "Heads, it is," he sighed, heading towards van one.

    Glancing at one of the books, he'd brought along, some kind of survival guide, he realized his reading wouldn't be purely recreational.

  10. #25
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Bacon was still being scarfed down as Miguel stepped outside to join the others, a handful of books from the library in his possession. "Thought I'd bring some reading along the way. Hope you don't mind, kid," he shrugged at Hironobu. Wiping his face off with a napkin wit one hand, the other reached into his pocket and drew out a coin. Heads, van 1, tails...van 2...." Miguel tossed the coin into the air, letting it land on the back of his hand as he glanced at the results. "Heads, it is," he sighed, heading towards van one.

    Glancing at one of the books, he'd brought along, some kind of survival guide, he realized his reading wouldn't be purely recreational.
    John, for lack of a better idea, flipped a coin as well.

    Getting a heads of his own, he made his way to the first Van

  11. #26

    Default

    In the sweltering Texas heat, Suzie had reluctantly come out into the sun. Dark glasses covered her eyes and she walked timidly under a black umbrella that had come as ordered. They were headed northeast for this venture and with a change of venue came the necessary change of garb. A purple headscarf still stented her head, and she changed the aubergine leather jacket for a sleeveless capelet around her shoulders, exposing long gloves of floral-patterned netting.

    1) Compass. Magnetic. True North; 2) Insect repellant. Liquid aerosol application. 3) Water purification tablets; 4) Sunscreen. Zinc-oxide based. SPF 100.

    Running through her requests in her head, she scrunched her dark lips. The heat was starting to build already, even this early, and she smudged her nose.

    When Hironobu gave the order, she absently turned about for a moment, gazing back behind her towards the manor as if searching for somebody before drifting towards the first van.

  12. #27
    This Isn't Home Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,058

    Default

    OOC: Since we're at a crawl, I'm going to speed things up.
    ----

    The first van was loaded, its occupants being Jinny, Boris, John, Miguel, Suzie, and Jamie; meanwhile, the second van would house Vivian, Sandra, and Lucy and the excess of luggage just to give everyone space. Somewhat pleased now that things were moving along, Hironobu gave them a small salute in farewell.

    "Keep your eyes open and be safe out there," He said, "As annoying as some of you are, I would appreciate not losing any more of my family for the time being."

    With that said and a gesture made, the drivers started up the vans and they began rolling away from the estate. As awkward as things had been, their journey had begun.

  13. #28
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,317

    Default

    John sighed to himself. He'd been thinking over his actions for the past while, and found himself far too passive for his own liking. He needed to kick himself into gear, and be more active. With that in mind, he looked to the rest of the group in his van, and said "Given that we don't have much to do save wait to arrive at our destination. I think we should try to make a plan."

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    OOC: Since we're at a crawl, I'm going to speed things up.
    ----

    The first van was loaded, its occupants being Jinny, Boris, John, Miguel, Suzie, and Jamie; meanwhile, the second van would house Vivian, Sandra, and Lucy and the excess of luggage just to give everyone space. Somewhat pleased now that things were moving along, Hironobu gave them a small salute in farewell.

    "Keep your eyes open and be safe out there," He said, "As annoying as some of you are, I would appreciate not losing any more of my family for the time being."

    With that said and a gesture made, the drivers started up the vans and they began rolling away from the estate. As awkward as things had been, their journey had begun.
    Seated along the window, umbrella and pack at her feet, Suzie looked out the window at the manor. Though her eyes were hidden a long exhale left her as she slouched in her seat. Despite it being their first bit of assumed shelter from the various「Stands」and adversaries they had inherited along with Jojo's blood, there was some comfort to be had as the ranch grew smaller with the distance, for with it went the spectre of subterfuge among friendly faces.

    Like livestock, ordered by breeding to quota. Certainly it felt like they were someone else's assets the way they were herded about. What little she'd heard of this Avalon plot putting the screws to her, Hironobu-san's clinical manner filled her with less confidence than their cousin's authoritative manner had first suggested.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    John sighed to himself. He'd been thinking over his actions for the past while, and found himself far too passive for his own liking. He needed to kick himself into gear, and be more active. With that in mind, he looked to the rest of the group in his van, and said "Given that we don't have much to do save wait to arrive at our destination. I think we should try to make a plan."
    "Aye, agreed."

    The momentary silence in the dead air filled with nothing but the rolling of tires and a purring engine parched Suzie's throat, as she felt peculiarly conscious of the space between seconds becoming a mite overlong.

    "...um, well I believe the plan was to meet with the Foundation's contact, in the Salem Impact Zone yeah? Moonchild, innit?" She offered. "I'd talked to Viv about it last night, she's from there, right? She'd seemed rather..." She paused as she mulled over the words, "apprehensive, to deal with her. Something to do with magic and compacts and the like..."

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Bacon was still being scarfed down as Miguel stepped outside to join the others, a handful of books from the library in his possession. "Thought I'd bring some reading along the way. Hope you don't mind, kid," he shrugged at Hironobu. Wiping his face off with a napkin wit one hand, the other reached into his pocket and drew out a coin. Heads, van 1, tails...van 2...." Miguel tossed the coin into the air, letting it land on the back of his hand as he glanced at the results. "Heads, it is," he sighed, heading towards van one.

    Glancing at one of the books, he'd brought along, some kind of survival guide, he realized his reading wouldn't be purely recreational.
    Leaning over, Suzie looked over to Miguel and spied the cover of his book, and despite herself, she pursed her lips and continued.

    "Um...if it's not to much trouble, maybe it'd be worth cataloguing what we're bringing along?" She shrugged and continued, "Not really one for the outdoors myself, but the gofers did fetch what I'd asked for. A compass, some bugspray, and some tablets that'll make the water safe, even if it tastes like the public pool."

    She tilt her head, and nervously began to unscrew her coffee thermos.

    "There's also the「Stand」but I'd hardly say it's reliable as such...much less in a wilderness like this one."

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Seated along the window, umbrella and pack at her feet, Suzie looked out the window at the manor. Though her eyes were hidden a long exhale left her as she slouched in her seat. Despite it being their first bit of assumed shelter from the various「Stands」and adversaries they had inherited along with Jojo's blood, there was some comfort to be had as the ranch grew smaller with the distance, for with it went the spectre of subterfuge among friendly faces.

    Like livestock, ordered by breeding to quota. Certainly it felt like they were someone else's assets the way they were herded about. What little she'd heard of this Avalon plot putting the screws to her, Hironobu-san's clinical manner filled her with less confidence than their cousin's authoritative manner had first suggested.



    "Aye, agreed."

    The momentary silence in the dead air filled with nothing but the rolling of tires and a purring engine parched Suzie's throat, as she felt peculiarly conscious of the space between seconds becoming a mite overlong.

    "...um, well I believe the plan was to meet with the Foundation's contact, in the Salem Impact Zone yeah? Moonchild, innit?" She offered. "I'd talked to Viv about it last night, she's from there, right? She'd seemed rather..." She paused as she mulled over the words, "apprehensive, to deal with her. Something to do with magic and compacts and the like..."
    "What you mean?" Miguel asked with a hefty degree of sarcasm. "If they're all atrevesado like her, we're in for a great time!" He wasn't entirely prepared to deal with whatever actual magic entailed, but he felt they were ill equipped to deal with it outside of stands, which they still knew very little about.

    John called for a plan, but from his perspective there were still too many questions to ask before they started to come up with the answers.


    Leaning over, Suzie looked over to Miguel and spied the cover of his book, and despite herself, she pursed her lips and continued.

    "Um...if it's not to much trouble, maybe it'd be worth cataloguing what we're bringing along?" She shrugged and continued, "Not really one for the outdoors myself, but the gofers did fetch what I'd asked for. A compass, some bugspray, and some tablets that'll make the water safe, even if it tastes like the public pool."

    She tilt her head, and nervously began to unscrew her coffee thermos.

    "There's also the「Stand」but I'd hardly say it's reliable as such...much less in a wilderness like this one."
    "Guess it depends on the 「Stand」 really," Miguel said contemplatively, He had given an attempt to figure out just what his own did the other night, before he went to bed. He didn't quite get the answers he sought, but he did end up with a bad feeling that if he continued as he did, he'd have something of a bad time. "Inventory though...not a bad idea, I can so that. Already kinda started one of my own to keep track of my bag of tricks," he mentioned, drawing out his checklist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •