Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Jinny had been to more then enough art auctions to see where this was headed. The most difficult to navigate were blind auctions where there was no way to tell what the minimum was, or what the maximum current bid was, and that is what she was facing now. A voice in the back of her mind reminded her of what her goal was, and to stay focused.

Pausing as if in thought, considering what bid ot make, she also listened as carefully as she could. There were sounds coming from within the building, but not the normal kinds of sounds. It was not hard to make assumptions as to what was happening inside, though she could not be sure. The one thing she did know, somehow, was that her siblings would not be taken down without a fight. And neither would she.

After a minute or two, she responded, "500 Million to stand down and back off. That is my opening bid."
    "$500 Million? Is that right? That would certainly be enough to buy back your life but the question is... are you telling the truth? I mean, anyone could just say a large enough number."

Stroking his chin in thought, his eyes drifted to the left, only to focus back onto her, boring into Jinny like an auger, "Prove it and once the money is in my account, I'll let you go."

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "$500 Million? Is that right? That would certainly be enough to buy back your life but the question is... are you telling the truth? I mean, anyone could just say a large enough number."

Stroking his chin in thought, his eyes drifted to the left, only to focus back onto her, boring into Jinny like an auger, "Prove it and once the money is in my account, I'll let you go."
    Would it really be that easy....did Jinny really carry that much on her person? Hopefully, things really were just that simple....but they hadn't been so far. Still not willing to trust this sneering stranger, Miguel had something of a backup plan in case things got hairy. The man spoke two sentences just now. 「ALL CAP」's arm subtlety slipped out of Miguel's beckoning two words from each.

OOC: Word Count: 4

The top of the soda machine came off, slamming into the nearby wall only to stick there and while Jigsaw Feeling had touched it just enough to strike, Suzie would feel a similar sensation to a stubborn hair wax strip being ripped off.

Still, she had accomplished getting the machine open and had access to the fluids within.
    "Ahhh! Bloody hell-"

In that instant, she felt n intense pan shoot up from the edge of her hand up to the elbow. Suzie instantly recoiled, and「Jigsaw Feeling」, that bedeviled shadow, dragged its hand behind it where it floated there near the counter as if the two had been connected, entangled within marionette's strings, and when the soda machine's cover hit the wall with a thud, she saw how it stuck there.

It's getting worse as the place heats up...! It seems the warmer it is in here, the more the surfaces get stickier...

Feet fixed to the floor in her short boots, Suzie wheeled around, and her「Stand」followed every movement.

"What are you doing?" She whispered harshly. "The staff's in danger and everything's out of reach and clinging together-"

Her sweat-soaked bandana pressed against her brow, and her pallid cheek flushed. The heat was rising, and the pressure building inside of her chest welled up as the edges of her vision narrowed, as if the air was so thick it had somehow seeped inside her head.

Reflexively, she reached for the fountain toggles on the soda machine, so near, yet so far, and「Jigsaw Feeling」 switched the topless fountain on, loosing water wherever it would spray.

Van Alpha

"Oh, you want to place a bid. As for the price... well, it will not be cheap, fraulein." Partyman said with a dark chuckle, "... How much will you pay to save yourself?"

Cracking open the second can of beer, the one he had previously tossed over to Jinny, he awaited her answer, a devilish glee in his eyes.

The poor woman manning the cash register didn't seem to notice his unintentional theft nor his slip up, although one could hardly say this was a time to laugh at another's misfortune. As Miguel progressed, he would feel bits and pieces of his shoes tearing away with each step as the ground seemed to become sticker the longer they languished in there.

Surprisingly, he would find the door handle did not stick to the magazines, the latter acting a very awkward set of gloves from whatever effects this enemy stand user had placed upon them. Unfortunately, if he was trying to maintain any form of stealth, it would be ruined by the cheerful jingling of the door's bells.

Boris would find little in the ways of help considering everyone else was in the same predicament and much like Miguel, he would find bits and pieces of his footwear tearing away with each step he took. If he wasn't careful, he would soon be barefoot.

The top of the soda machine came off, slamming into the nearby wall only to stick there and while Jigsaw Feeling had touched it just enough to strike, Suzie would feel a similar sensation to a stubborn hair wax strip being ripped off.

Still, she had accomplished getting the machine open and had access to the fluids within.
    Boris then stops moving and looks down at his dress shoes. (Okay, I guess I just stand here then. Don't want to ruining a good pair of dress shoes,) Boris thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

"$500 Million? Is that right? That would certainly be enough to buy back your life but the question is... are you telling the truth? I mean, anyone could just say a large enough number. Stroking his chin in thought, his eyes drifted to the left, only to focus back onto her, boring into Jinny like an auger, "Prove it and once the money is in my account, I'll let you go."
    "You claimed that you knew everything about me, yet you question me about money? Are you familiar with the works of Lillian Jiang? Or her daughter Wen Jinghu?" Even as she said this, a part of her inside cringed.

She hated to draw attention to herself. All her life she has had to develop two separate personas. Wen Jinghu, the artist, the daughter of Lillian Jiang, the one who attended public events and smiled nicely as the paparazzi took endless photos. And Jinny Wen, her private self, the one that could walk into a store to buy bread, or relax at home, or hang out with friends. Merging the two was something she rarely did, it was difficult yet it would be worth it if she could buy the others more time.

She was not an actor, but, like it or not, it was in her blood.

"You do know that I'm Wen Jinghu, right? And that my mother's net worth was listed at three quarters of a billion dollars. With one phone call, I could easily transfer 500 million to whatever bank account you stated if I wanted to."

Jinny emphasized the IF to enforce that fact that she was still playing hardball. Remaining calm and detached as best she could.

"But first, You would need to prove to me that this transaction would be worth it."
    Last edited by Tami; 09-18-2021 at 10:58 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Ahhh! Bloody hell-"

In that instant, she felt n intense pan shoot up from the edge of her hand up to the elbow. Suzie instantly recoiled, and「Jigsaw Feeling」, that bedeviled shadow, dragged its hand behind it where it floated there near the counter as if the two had been connected, entangled within marionette's strings, and when the soda machine's cover hit the wall with a thud, she saw how it stuck there.

It's getting worse as the place heats up...! It seems the warmer it is in here, the more the surfaces get stickier...

Feet fixed to the floor in her short boots, Suzie wheeled around, and her「Stand」followed every movement.

"What are you doing?" She whispered harshly. "The staff's in danger and everything's out of reach and clinging together-"

Her sweat-soaked bandana pressed against her brow, and her pallid cheek flushed. The heat was rising, and the pressure building inside of her chest welled up as the edges of her vision narrowed, as if the air was so thick it had somehow seeped inside her head.

Reflexively, she reached for the fountain toggles on the soda machine, so near, yet so far, and「Jigsaw Feeling」 switched the topless fountain on, loosing water wherever it would spray.
    Water began spilling forth from the machine, drenching the counter the machine was on before beginning to trickle across the floor. With the temperature inside the store reaching the mid-80s and without access to the outside for any form of airflow, that water would probably be one of the coolest things she could access for the time being.

"You claimed that you knew everything about me, yet you question me about money? Are you familiar with the works of Lillian Jiang? Or her daughter Wen Jinghu?" Even as she said this, a part of her inside cringed.

She hated to draw attention to herself. All her life she has had to develop two separate personas. Wen Jinghu, the artist, the daughter of Lillian Jiang, the one who attended public events and smiled nicely as the paparazzi took endless photos. And Jinny Wen, her private self, the one that could walk into a store to buy bread, or relax at home, or hang out with friends. Merging the two was something she rarely did, it was difficult yet it would be worth it if she could buy the others more time.

She was not an actor, but, like it or not, it was in her blood.

"You do know that I'm Wen Jinghu, right? And that my mother's net worth was listed at three quarters of a billion dollars. With one phone call, I could easily transfer 500 million to whatever bank account you stated if I wanted to."

Jinny emphasized the IF to enforce that fact that she was still playing hardball. Remaining calm and detached as best she could.

"But first, You would need to prove to me that this transaction would be worth it."
    Partyman began to chuckle, then laughed, "Ooohhooo!" The laughs subsided and he sighed contently, "Ohhh, that was a good one, fraulein, I needed that laugh."

Looking to his stand 「Raspberry Beret」, Partyman gave the command, "Raspberry, I want you to..." Pointing a finger in the air, it took only a second before he pointed it towards the building, "... kill the one in the bathroom."

The stand vanished, and he turned his attention back to Jinny, "You wanted proof? Here is your proof; you're not the one about to die. I believe it was... your driver, no, that will get that honor. Now..." Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out what appeared to be a business card and flicked it at her, "My bank account information is on that card. I suggest you send the money, ASAP."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris then stops moving and looks down at his dress shoes. (Okay, I guess I just stand here then. Don't want to ruining a good pair of dress shoes,) Boris thought.
    While remaining in place was overall a good idea, it also left him with few options as he was standing outside the bathroom with the weight of an entire door weighing him down on one side. Unfortunately, it was around this time he made this decision that he and the rest of the occupants inside the store would hear a blood-curdling scream coming from the very same bathroom he had been in.

Water began spilling forth from the machine, drenching the counter the machine was on before beginning to trickle across the floor. With the temperature inside the store reaching the mid-80s and without access to the outside for any form of airflow, that water would probably be one of the coolest things she could access for the time being.
    Her 「Stand」 loosed the water from the stream and the water began to pool. If they could cool down the heat before it stuck, maybe they could get out of this. Through this knowledge Suzie managed to calm down a little, but she had to be sure.

「Jigsaw Feeling」 seemed to intuit upon this, and as the water flowed, it also moved one of its fingers to the ice dispenser, tipping it directly into its chasm of a mouth, as the water shooting upwards streamed toward the line cook behind the counter.

While remaining in place was overall a good idea, it also left him with few options as he was standing outside the bathroom with the weight of an entire door weighing him down on one side. Unfortunately, it was around this time he made this decision that he and the rest of the occupants inside the store would hear a blood-curdling scream coming from the very same bathroom he had been in.
    Suddenly, she heard a scream from the restrooms. Hadn't the Driver...!!!

For whatever their father had gotten them into, the people of the Speedwagon Foundation had been nothing but supportive in spite of their lot.

Hopefully, some would reach the soles of her boots soon and free her to move and do...something.

Partyman began to chuckle, then laughed, "Ooohhooo!" The laughs subsided and he sighed contently, "Ohhh, that was a good one, fraulein, I needed that laugh."

Looking to his stand 「Raspberry Beret」, Partyman gave the command, "Raspberry, I want you to..." Pointing a finger in the air, it took only a second before he pointed it towards the building, "... kill the one in the bathroom."

The stand vanished, and he turned his attention back to Jinny, "You wanted proof? Here is your proof; you're not the one about to die. I believe it was... your driver, no, that will get that honor. Now..." Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out what appeared to be a business card and flicked it at her, "My bank account information is on that card. I suggest you send the money, ASAP."

Clenching her fists, Jinny let the card fall on the ground. "No deal." As she said that, her right arm shifted colors. As she then made a quick slashing motion, [Genesis] extended from her arm, the quick movement hardened the Stand, thin and sharp like a razor wire, reaching out to cut through Partyman's neck.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Clenching her fists, Jinny let the card fall on the ground. "No deal." As she said that, her right arm shifted colors. As she then made a quick slashing motion, [Genesis] extended from her arm, the quick movement hardened the Stand, thin and sharp like a razor wire, reaching out to cut through Partyman's neck.
    John had seen enough, this encounter was not going to resolve itself none violently. So, he fired his prepared shot directly at the Enemy Stand user's neck. It was, in effect, a two pronged assult. If the Stand deflected his shot, it would be vulnerable to Genesis' strike. Whereas if it defended against Jinny's strike, his attack would strike the user.

And there was no danger of his ball bearing sticking to his, because it and his hand were of like charge. They repelled each other, so they weren't touching in the first place!

( Darn I wish I could go check out what made that blood-curdling scream, but how I'm supposed to move without ruin my dress shoes?) Boris thought.

" Big Time do something!" Boris said.

Big time looks at the water and makes it grow. That's you idea. How is that supposed to help?" Boris said.

( No, wait, if what I'm stuck to is a type of adhesive and depend on what type of adhesive it is. Water could be a good solvent. Let's see if its adhesive is like regular glue, then cold water would do the trick," Boris thought.

( If it's like super glue, then cool water isn't going to do jack **** to it, and if it is like heat cure epoxy glue, then it's cured by heat. in this case, cold water should work,) Boris thought.

( If it's a cold cure epoxy glue, then cold water wouldn't work. Wait, adhesives like super glue are moisture curing. So their effect by moisture. Decreasing moisture should work against adhesives like super color,) Boris thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-19-2021 at 05:41 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    John had seen enough, this encounter was not going to resolve itself none violently. So, he fired his prepared shot directly at the Enemy Stand user's neck. It was, in effect, a two pronged assult. If the Stand deflected his shot, it would be vulnerable to Genesis' strike. Whereas if it defended against Jinny's strike, his attack would strike the user.

And there was no danger of his ball bearing sticking to his, because it and his hand were of like charge. They repelled each other, so they weren't touching in the first place!
    "Predictable..."

Despite working in near unison, Jinny and John's attacks would fail to meet their target.

All because of one can of beer.

Suspended in the air from Genesis's wire-like limb, the canned beverage had clearly seen better days, its contents splattered across the ground with what remained trickling freely down the limb of Jinny's stand. Unlike the beer before, which had clearly been cold, this one felt hot and sticky, almost like a fresh mix of tar. Nestled at the bottom of the can was John's ball bearing, encased in the sticky alcohol like a fossilized insect entombed in sap.

"You are a horrible negotiator, fraulien," Partyman said, stepping back from his previous spot, " Resorting to violence when all I've given you is proof of my sincerity? What a poor sport! Couldn't stand the thought of being at the disadvantage during a deal, no?," A collection of tsks escaped his lips as he shook his head.

"Raspberry Beret! The deal is off, kill all of them."

( Darn I wish I could go check out what made that blood-curdling scream, but how I'm supposed to move without ruin my dress shoes?) Boris thought.

Big time looks at the water and makes it grow. That's you idea. How is that supposed to help?" Boris said.

( No, wait, if what I'm stuck to is a type of adhesive and depend on what type of adhesive it is. Water could be a good solvent. Let's see if its adhesive is like regular glue, then cold water would do the trick," Boris thought.

( If it's like super glue, then cool water isn't going to do jack **** to it, and if it is like heat cure epoxy glue, then it's cured by heat. in this case, cold water should work,) Boris thought.

( If it's a cold cure epoxy glue, then cold water wouldn't work. Wait, adhesives like super glue are moisture curing. So their effect by moisture. Decreasing moisture should work against adhesives like super color,) Boris thought.
    As the cool water expands, thanks in part to Big Time, those in contact with it find that the adhesive gives way, reduced to a slimy residue. Unfortunately, the effects are temporary, as indicated by a can of soda once caught in mid-roll, whose freedom in thanks to the water is brought to a halt moments after leaving the puddle.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Her 「Stand」 loosed the water from the stream and the water began to pool. If they could cool down the heat before it stuck, maybe they could get out of this. Through this knowledge Suzie managed to calm down a little, but she had to be sure.

「Jigsaw Feeling」 seemed to intuit upon this, and as the water flowed, it also moved one of its fingers to the ice dispenser, tipping it directly into its chasm of a mouth, as the water shooting upwards streamed toward the line cook behind the counter.

Suddenly, she heard a scream from the restrooms. Hadn't the Driver...!!!

For whatever their father had gotten them into, the people of the Speedwagon Foundation had been nothing but supportive in spite of their lot.

Hopefully, some would reach the soles of her boots soon and free her to move and do...something.
    The cook cried in relief as his hands were freed, flinging the spatula aside as far as he could.

"Ohhh, thank you, God - Wait!"

Once the spray of water stopped from Jigsaw Feeling, the cook began to notice that the stickiness had not been completely washed away, "Be careful!" He cried out, "It comes back!"
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 09-19-2021 at 07:29 PM.

"Predictable..."

Despite working in near unison, Jinny and John's attacks would fail to meet their target.

All because of one can of beer.

Suspended in the air from Genesis's wire-like limb, the canned beverage had clearly seen better days, its contents splattered across the ground with what remained trickling freely down the limb of Jinny's stand. Unlike the beer before, which had clearly been cold, this one felt hot and sticky, almost like a fresh mix of tar. Nestled at the bottom of the can was John's ball bearing, encased in the sticky alcohol like a fossilized insect entombed in sap.

"You are a horrible negotiator, fraulien," Partyman said, stepping back from his previous spot, " Resorting to violence when all I've given you is proof of my sincerity? What a poor sport! Couldn't stand the thought of being at the disadvantage during a deal, no?," A collection of tsks escaped his lips as he shook his head.

"Raspberry Beret! The deal is off, kill all of them."
    "Yo, HOLD UP!" Miguel spoke up. "I've seen enough. But we don't gotta do this. Nobody has to die...You were willing to talk before, so let's talk..." he continued, in an attempt to settle things down. "I'm not exactly loaded with cash right now, so I don't have anything to offer. ...Which is fine by me. Always liked to take risks myself. So, how 'bout a challenge?"

As the cool water expands, thanks in part to Big Time, those in contact with it find that the adhesive gives way, reduced to a slimy residue. Unfortunately, the effects are temporary, as indicated by a can of soda once caught in mid-roll, whose freedom in thanks to the water is brought to a halt moments after leaving the puddle.

The cook cried in relief as his hands were freed, flinging the spatula aside as far as he could.

Once the spray of water stopped from Jigsaw Feeling, the cook began to notice that the stickiness had not been completely washed away, "Be careful!" He cried out, "It comes back!"
    ( Okay looks like the cold water work,) Boris thought. Boris pulls his hand off the door and rushes into the bathroom.
    My Forum check it out

Startled at the brief success, Suzie's face brightened as the cook freed himself...and yet her delight was cut short. Was it because he's been in here all day and thought nothing of it...?

"...y-yes, but never you mind," she said hurriedly, lifting the boots from the ground. The spreading puddle felt like it was like walking through mud, as if there was still glue pressed against her heels. "Now we know that cold water seems to loosen it, keep yourself safe and try to get out of here."

By this time, 「Jigsaw Feeling」had swallowed a substantial amount of ice, pouring it from the dispenser down its gullet. Hobbling over on tacky steps, Suzie herself reached the flooding machine, and shot an arcing stream past the counter that slowly flood towards the bathrooms.

On slow, dragging steps, Stand at her side, Suzie slowly made her ways to the washrooms, and finding the door Boris had torn off previously, suddenly was reminded of the complete lack of ventilation in the store, which caused her to gag.

Only the thought of saving the man that drove them here gave her the flaky courage to push ahead...into the men's room...

Oh god what am I even doing...