Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Be creative, huh maybe I need a science guy to help me out. I know my stand shrinks and grows things, but I don't know how the process works. I have no idea the physics involved. I'm not an F#$king egghead," Boris said
    "There is nothing scientific about any of this." Jinny's voice rose slightly as she spoke, then leveled off once she paused to collect herself, "I don't know what this is, science, magic, supernatural...all i know from working with my own is that the connection is instinctual, natural almost. If you spend time with yours, it should come to you without too much thought about how or even why. You know what it can do, so only trial and error will show you what the end results might be. You got the Stand you did for a reason, I suspect we all did. I'd even hazard a guess and say that each of ours reflects some aspect of ourselves."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "There is nothing scientific about any of this." Jinny's voice rose slightly as she spoke, then leveled off once she paused to collect herself, "I don't know what this is, science, magic, supernatural...all i know from working with my own is that the connection is instinctual, natural almost. If you spend time with yours, it should come to you without too much thought about how or even why. You know what it can do, so only trial and error will show you what the end results might be. You got the Stand you did for a reason, I suspect we all did. I'd even hazard a guess and say that each of ours reflects some aspect of ourselves."

"I'm not talking about connections. I'm talking about physics. Just because my stand, which might be supernatural and can change the size of an object, doesn't mean the object itself can ignore the laws of physics," Boris said.

" Hey, John, are you a science person? If you are, then maybe you can help me out. Such as studying the objects, I use my stand's ability on," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Moving on, Jinny then looks over at the one person who hasn't spoken yet, "Jamie, do you to join in?"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    It would be inaccurate to say Lucy had been late, even being the last one to take her seat. Though only the more astute soul would have kept track of her movements in and around the vans as Hirobu was explaining their mission one last time.

While transportation had been generously provided by the estate, one needed only remember the events of the past couple days to put an edge on the curtsey of a free lift..whoever it was from. Weither Hirobu cared at her lack of faith or not…it wouldn’t be long before he would have noticed her doing rather careful circles around their their rides to be. Checking the doors, inspecting the interior, the underside, eyeing the driver with a look that all but telegraphed her appraisal. Finally she turned to move towards her truck….stopped and backtraced her steps as the other were loading onto the first van.

“Suzie…” Lucy met the girl momentarily as she was loading herself into the van, and quickly slipped a canister out…pushing into firmly into the girls hand without letting the others getting into the van see. “In case we get separated on the way…..keep this handy. Gas grenade, pin trigger. Use only to disengage if your attacked….understand.”

The soldier gave the girl a swift nod and then disengaged herself before Susie could go into any questions of her own….specifically where she had been the past couple hours.

Finally she took her seat in the rear van and quietly sat back as the engines revved and Hirobu wished them good luck on their suicide mission.
    "Lucy?" Suzie tried to protest, but their youngest sister moved in a manner as deftly clandestine as she was precise that before she could refuse, the stout metal cylinder was concealed in her hand, and she swiftly stuffed it into her saddle bag.

"...ah, how thoughtful," she said. For the moment, it seemed that their paths would diverge for now. "Understood, thanks. You take care of yourself too."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Not gonna lie, I don't like any of what you just said..." Miguel sighed, with a bitter laugh. "Then again, I don't know what I was expecting, though. Kinda hard not to get shaky. Being thrown into all this insanity." And the sanity they were about to enter now was normal for Vivian. Maybe he could coax her into explaining more but...that'd be rough. A peace offering of bacon might help.
    "Well...Hironobu-san passed on the message Jojo left us. A piece of the meteorite to try and cure Night Fever. Suppose we're the only ones...able, to do something like this, yeah?"

Lowering her gaze for a moment, she added moresely, "...and the only ones we can trust..."

"Playing cards, handcuffs, handkerchiefs, metal rings, plastic cups....couldn't bring my whole set on the road, but it's enough to set up a street show...if we were going anywhere impressed at all by stage magic," he chuckled. "Everyone feel free to list whatever else you got, so I can keep track of it!" Miguel noted. "Once we're done talking about stands. Speaking of which..."

"I have an idea of what mine does," Miguel stated. "It takes words. From anything and forms a sentence. Don't know what happens after that, but I don't like the implications of trying to find out, given what it's gathered so far."
    "...it takes words?" Suzie repeated, slowly removing her shades, revealing eyes that remained deeply shadowed. "...should we stop talking then? I mean, how far away is it from a completed thought?"

Extraordinary Member

"Science is merely a means of understanding the world. So long as something can be studied, it's scientific" John said
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "I'm not talking about connections. I'm talking about physics. Just because my stand, which might be supernatural and can change the size of an object, doesn't mean the object itself can ignore the laws of physics," Boris said.

" Hey, John, are you a science person? If you are, then maybe you can help me out. Such as studying the objects, I use my stand's ability on," Boris said.
    "I would be happy to help you study it, once we have the time to do so"

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "Science is merely a means of understanding the world. So long as something can be studied, it's scientific" John said

"I would be happy to help you study it, once we have the time to do so"
    " Thanks, Boris said. Boris then practices his ventriloquism again, mimicking the buzz sound of a fly. Making it almost sound like an actual fly is in the van buzzing around.

Boris stops and sighs " Dammit, still not good enough. If I want to be a great ventriloquist, I need to do better than this," Boris muttered.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Moving on, Jinny then looks over at the one person who hasn't spoken yet, "Jamie, do you to join in?"
    Jamie jumped slightly as she was dragged out of her thoughts and turned to Jinny, blinking owlishly as she asked "I'm sorry, what are you talking about?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie jumped slightly as she was dragged out of her thoughts and turned to Jinny, blinking owlishly as she asked "I'm sorry, what are you talking about?"
    "Since the ride to Dallas is going to take awhile, I suggested that we share information, especially about our Stands. It would help us work together later on." Jinny then gave Jamie a concerned look, "Is there something on your mind? You practically sleep walked onto the van."

"Since the ride to Dallas is going to take awhile, I suggested that we share information, especially about our Stands. It would help us work together later on." Jinny then gave Jamie a concerned look, "Is there something on your mind? You practically sleep walked onto the van."
    "We-well, it's nothing important, I just couldn't sleep well last night after well... everything. But you said something about sharing information regarding our Stands?" Jamie asked, and as if on cue the small figure of Holy Diver climbed onto Jamie's shoulder, laying over it like a cat, or perhaps a dishtowel, as he asked "What do you and your lot need to know about me?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "We-well, it's nothing important, I just couldn't sleep well last night after well... everything. But you said something about sharing information regarding our Stands?" Jamie asked, and as if on cue the small figure of Holy Diver climbed onto Jamie's shoulder, laying over it like a cat, or perhaps a dishtowel, as he asked "What do you and your lot need to know about me?"
    "So you really are fully self aware, aren't you? I don't suppose you could answer the question regarding if all Stands are Self aware or if you are just, well, special, unique." In the back of her mind, Jinny was thinking about her own and the questions she still had.

"So you really are fully self aware, aren't you? I don't suppose you could answer the question regarding if all Stands are Self aware or if you are just, well, special, unique." In the back of her mind, Jinny was thinking about her own and the questions she still had.
    As Jinny spoke, she noticed that the floor of the van beneath her feet started to shimmer and shift in colors. Raising an eyebrow, then frowning, the effect vanished again.

Looking back at Holy Diver, she gave an embarrassed look, "Sorry about that interruption."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "The both of them, the entire time...?" Suzie sighed, "What's it say about the state of it all when the only ones willing to reach out to us aren't even family?"
    "That the Weald's spread far faster than I realized." Vivian noted simply. "Or hmm..." the woman fell silent before cackling. "Nah, too storybook."

Precisely what, she didn't say.

Dabbing her lips, her napkin was stained blood red from the pomegranate seeds, and at Vivian's question, she paused and lowered her head to avoid her eyes; there was something feverish about them that made her visibly uncomfortable.

"Suppose that would depend on how much of this is for real, yeah?" she repleid, "As much as Hironobu-san swears by his timing, not even Jojo had it figured out until it was too late. Right now, honestly, I'm not so sure, but I'm at least certain that the OSS can't be reasoned with if they're willing to go so far just for this Avalon thing."

Swiftly the pomegranate husk was depleted. She'd grabbed it for a little taste of home at first, but it was more bittersweet than usual.

"I know he said if we stayed here we'd marked ourselves as willing, but partaking in this Stand business as it is, like? Seems to be holding us to the letter of an unwilling contract, just because of how we'd happened to be born."
    "Is worse than, I think." Vivian replied dryly. "Father... daddy dearest, spread his seed far and wide; ruining as many women as he could in the hopes that his progeny would finish his fool's errand. How many of us are there, you think? We're only the ones who survived long enough to be roped in after all." A deadpan stare. "Perhaps that's too fatalistic. Then again..." she rustled the dossier beneath her left hand.

"He watched all of us, opted not to Intervene. All for the sake of securing his road to Avalon. One can read those tea leaves only one of two ways."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sandra was about to light up when she noticed Lucy sit down in the van. "****." She sighed and flicked her lighter off. "Hey, I'm about to smoke. Is that okay? I hate for you to hack up a lung," she said, every word dripping with sarcasm.
    "As long as your intelligent enough to open a window you shouldn't need my permission...." Lucy commented offhand as she slipped a methodical hand through her equipment bag. "...If it becomes a problem I'll let you know."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian on the other hand, simply lit up like normal. Only... there was no smoke, or ash that trickled from the end of the lit cigarette she puffed on. "Before you say something stupid, yea?" The Witch then said to Sandra, "You're welcome, sis."

Then Vivian set her sights on Lucy.

"You're supposed to be my half-sister too, yea?" Vivian said, eyeing her from beneath the brim of her hat.
    "Yes...That's right." Lucy answered after a moments hesitation. "It must be strange...to find out you have so many different half-sisters I mean....or a big family in general..."

"...I'm Lucy..." She added as though the thought of an introduction only just fluttered through her head as an afterthought. ".....Your Vivian right? And Sandra?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "As long as your intelligent enough to open a window you shouldn't need my permission...." Lucy commented offhand as she slipped a methodical hand through her equipment bag. "...If it becomes a problem I'll let you know."
    Sandra answered by lighting up the cigarette that had been hanging out of her mouth, then rolling down the window of the van that was right beside her.

"Yes...That's right." Lucy answered after a moments hesitation. "It must be strange...to find out you have so many different half-sisters I mean....or a big family in general..."

"...I'm Lucy..." She added as though the thought of an introduction only just fluttered through her head as an afterthought. ".....Your Vivian right? And Sandra?"
    "That's what they tell me," she replied dryly.

"Seems you're knee-deep in all this bullshit." Whether she was talking to Vivian - who was from this Weald bullshit she overheard her talking to Suzie with - or Lucy - who was from that OCD or whatever organization that killed their "father" or whatever - was unclear. More than likely, she was talking to both of them and just didn't bother to make that clear.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

As Jinny spoke, she noticed that the floor of the van beneath her feet started to shimmer and shift in colors. Raising an eyebrow, then frowning, the effect vanished again.

Looking back at Holy Diver, she gave an embarrassed look, "Sorry about that interruption."
    Holy Diver tilted his head back, rubbing his chin as he thought over her question, ignoring the interruption from Jinny's own stand. Finally, after a few seconds of silent contemplation, the small Stand shrugged its shoulders from its spot on Jamie's shoulder as he answered "How the **** should I know? I have no idea why I'm the way I am, and its not like all Stands know each other intimately."
    - C.S. Lewis