Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Vivian, yes yes." The woman waved, puffing on her smokeless cigarette. "Only strange thing about all of this is how many of us there aren't. Wonder how many times, and how many cars Hironobu lost trying to gather all of us up... hehe."
    "...no more strange then thinking about how many they might have found, shown the video will to and sent on their way before us. We may be the fouth, fifth group they've sent to Salem.....unless we trip over their corpses on the way we may never know." Lucy continued sorting through her pack, but seemed to have more attention on the two despite not having eyes on them.

"I'm hoping the expertise of a native and our individual skills will be enough...Though I've never been fully privy, I've heard of the OSS casualty reports for missions into the weald....or rather the secondhand stories."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "That's what they tell me," she replied dryly.

"Seems you're knee-deep in all this bullshit." Whether she was talking to Vivian - who was from this Weald bullshit she overheard her talking to Suzie with - or Lucy - who was from that OCD or whatever organization that killed their "father" or whatever - was unclear. More than likely, she was talking to both of them and just didn't bother to make that clear.
    "Hmm, and what's that supposed to mean? I'm not the one with no idea what's coming."
    "...We're all knee deep in bullshit at this point....no sence pretending we're on the high ground when it doesn't exist." Lucy pulled her rifle out and ejected the magazine for inspection. "....It'll be up to you to make sure we don't go head under. I don't care for **** in my mouth....I have military rations for that."

*click*

Lucy paused, then immediately covered her mouth with her sleeve like she was blocking a sneeze and instead let out a muffled chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Van Omega

"Hm..."

Their driver, a man in his elderly years, glanced into his rear-view mirror to the trio chatting it up behind him.

"So both of these buses have Joestar's kids in 'em? That crazy son of a bitch. Told that boy he'd need to cool his loins before it bit him in the ass."
    Turning her head to the side, Lucy addressed the driver. ".....Were you not told who you'd been carrying? Rather odd.....and you sound like you knew him on a personal basis...."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Non-disclosure, maybe?" Miguel suggested, drawing a pack of playing cards from his pocket, as his attention was drawn from the radio and back to the conversations at hand. "In which case, I'd understand. What Zoni's doing is kinda big, I suppose. Wouldn't want that kinda thing leaking out to any potential competition."

It did. Almost hard to believe, but Miguel supposed a lot of things were the past few days and yet...still they come into fruition.

"You'd think curing Night Fever would be a net gain for everybody, I don't understand the point of it all." Miguel, shuffling the cards in his hands. "'Course there's all kinds of ransom they could pull off with it in hand, but I dunno...this puzzle's got way too many missing pieces."

"I hadn't really thought much about it, but I guess so. It doesn't really seem like..." Miguel tried to fined the words. "Wholly aware, but I get the feeling that it was always trying to help me out of any potential bind."

"The vipers," Miguel answered a bit quieter than the tone he had been speaking in minutes before. The driver was his concern in this case. Perhaps a bit of a paranoid thought, but one couldn't be too careful in letting some things out in the open. Thinking back to that ominous feeling he'd felt when reading the words the night before, Miguel added, "Y'know...If that sentence was complete, then I feel like...I dunno, something would happen related to the words taken."
    "Probably." Jinny replied simply, then quietly listened as the others talked about puppets and Stands stealing words. At least the ice had been broken and the others were talking to each other.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    It did. Almost hard to believe, but Miguel supposed a lot of things were the past few days and yet...still they come into fruition.

"You'd think curing Night Fever would be a net gain for everybody, I don't understand the point of it all." Miguel, shuffling the cards in his hands. "'Course there's all kinds of ransom they could pull off with it in hand, but I dunno...this puzzle's got way too many missing pieces."
    "...maybe not a net gain for everyone," Suzie said, for the memory of what happened in the small town was still quite raw in her mind.

"...as I understand it, the OSS are a sort of...what, Yank reformer group? They'd want to press any advantage they have whilst they're on the back foot." She withdrew a bit as she continued.

"Suppose there was a weapon they had nobody could see, or touch or even understand, unless they had one of their own?"

"I hadn't really thought much about it, but I guess so. It doesn't really seem like..." Miguel tried to fined the words. "Wholly aware, but I get the feeling that it was always trying to help me out of any potential bind."

"The vipers," Miguel answered a bit quieter than the tone he had been speaking in minutes before. The driver was his concern in this case. Perhaps a bit of a paranoid thought, but one couldn't be too careful in letting some things out in the open. Thinking back to that ominous feeling he'd felt when reading the words the night before, Miguel added, "Y'know...If that sentence was complete, then I feel like...I dunno, something would happen related to the words taken."
    Suzie jot them down...and was surprised at the slimness of the dictation as she mouthed the words.

"...what a strange choice of words," she mused, "seems a bit loaded to follow from that as a starter, innit?"

Internally, however, her thoughts were consumed with the various grammar school attachments, for all that had been yet determined was a possible subject.

"A ghost with writer's block. What'll happen when it gets inspired?...suppose there's no sense fretting about it for the moment, however."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Yeah, that is the quickest way to do it. My mother likes to use the traditional method. Which takes a lot longer. Correct something that is animatronic but can be disassembled is difficult to make," Boris said.

" Each part would have to be made separately. Each part has to remotely communicate with each other, and a remote. This would require an extensive personal wireless network. Each part would have its own network adapter," Boris said.

" Then there's also each part having its own wiring and motherboard, with the main motherboard being in the head. Oh, and it's cool that you're a production design," Boris said.
    "The traditional method? You mean..." Suzie slid out her thumb and pushed it forward, "...carved out of hardwood, all piecemeal like?"

From the sound of it, he'd contrived some way to slot it all together and certainly spared no expense. Network adaptors in a ventriloquist's piece.

"..so something like the Queen in Aliens or Pumpkinhead from the Winston Workshop? Suppose those were less puppets than they were suits with r/f switches mounted onto servo motors, albeit the wiring and compressors were cropped just out of frame, so these weren't meant to be operated remote, I mean, other than the twitching facial muscles and cosmetic limbs under the latex, like. Motherboards and wi-fi...must have needed one hell of a power source to operate."

She sighed, and after a long moment, remembered to take a breath.

"Can't believe that was taken from you, it sounds like a fantastic piece of work."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Turning her head to the side, Lucy addressed the driver. ".....Were you not told who you'd been carrying? Rather odd.....and you sound like you knew him on a personal basis...."
    "I'm an old drinkin' buddy of his. Not important enough for the Speedwagon folk to bother me, but just enough to keep me gainfully employed," The old man said with a chuckle and a smirk, "Old Joestar used to talk about some of you, although I always found his... inclinations when it came to family a bit odd. Tried my best to talk some sense into him, but here we are," The driver shrugged.

"They didn't give me the details, just mention y'all were some VIPs. Of course, I ain't an idiot; I see some pissed off young ladies exitin' his will readin' and I put two-and-two together, ya get me?"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "The traditional method? You mean..." Suzie slid out her thumb and pushed it forward, "...carved out of hardwood, all piecemeal like?"

From the sound of it, he'd contrived some way to slot it all together and certainly spared no expense. Network adaptors in a ventriloquist's piece.

"..so something like the Queen in Aliens or Pumpkinhead from the Winston Workshop? Suppose those were less puppets than they were suits with r/f switches mounted onto servo motors, albeit the wiring and compressors were cropped just out of frame, so these weren't meant to be operated remote, I mean, other than the twitching facial muscles and cosmetic limbs under the latex, like. Motherboards and wi-fi...must have needed one hell of a power source to operate."

She sighed, and after a long moment, remembered to take a breath.

"Can't believe that was taken from you, it sounds like a fantastic piece of work."
    " It was. You won't belive how many people mistake the parts of that puppet I had for real body parts," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Van Alpha

As the third hour of their drive approached, the plains-like grasses of patch golden yellow, red, and green were now receding to the lattermost and trees were growing more plentiful as if heralding the numerous road signs now dedicated to the mileage left until they reached Dallas Fort Worth. It was about this time that their driver, previously silent throughout most of their trip, turned down the radio and spoke to his passengers.

"I'm going to be stopping for gas before we reach the city," Although he didn't have to say that, it was no doubt in consideration of those whose bladders have grown compromised during the voyage so far.

Van Alpha

As the third hour of their drive approached, the plains-like grasses of patch golden yellow, red, and green were now receding to the lattermost and trees were growing more plentiful as if heralding the numerous road signs now dedicated to the mileage left until they reached Dallas Fort Worth. It was about this time that their driver, previously silent throughout most of their trip, turned down the radio and spoke to his passengers.

"I'm going to be stopping for gas before we reach the city," Although he didn't have to say that, it was no doubt in consideration of those whose bladders have grown compromised during the voyage so far.
    Suzie stirred with a low yawn and moved to the door, but as soon as she stepped on the ground she sagged and cringed as the rural Texas heat hit her. "-urk~!" In an instant the piston of her umbrella shot open, its black screen shading from the sunlight as it beat down.

They had miles yet to go. Whatever plan was brought up in conversation...hadn't yet materialized, certainly, but she supposed that would assuredly come in time. As their driver filled up, Suzie moved to the station building, scanning the area behind her shaded lenses.

"...don't suppose there is a small shop around," she wilted.

Boris opens the door and heads to a restroom.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Van Alpha

Once the van came to a full stop, once the first few exited, the ones most in need she assumed, Jinny stood up herself and climbed out. Though the sun beat down on her, it actually felt nice, like a day at the Jersey Shore only without a beach or ocean. Staying close to the van, she stretched her arms, back, and legs.

Walking around so as to face the road, she wondered how those in the other van were doing. Worst case, Vivian was with them and she had to know better than anyone how to get to the SIZ and what to do once they arrived. Which means that at least three of their group might make it.

Paranoia was sitting on her shoulder now, gnawing at her ear as if trying to whisper warnings of unseen danger. All Jinny could do was shake off the feeling, and hope for the best.

'Hope for the best, plan for the worst.'

Though she couldn't remember who was the one who first taught her that.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Van Alpha

The approach to Dallas up until this point has proven to be... isolated. Most forms of civilization they had passed through had been small towns where one could imagine supported ranchers or oil-field workers, but as they got closer and closer, with the growing abundance of trees came more and more towns. With the city on the distant horizon, the driver took an early exit. From a distance, the truck stop certainly seemed impressive; the white coat of its exterior either freshly painted or well maintained. Mounted atop a massive pole was its logo, a cartoon otter smiling cheerfully with the name Otto's beneath it.

"Y'all ever been to an Otto before?" The van driver asked, "It's kinda a Texan thing, but I hear they've opened up a few stops in Alabama and Florida. Hear some ever take trips to visit all of them."

Pulling up to a vacant gas pump, the driver shut off the engines and they were free to do what they needed from stretching their legs, getting some snacks and drinks, or using the restroom. Upon opening the doors, however, they would feel the air was hot and sticky; perhaps an effect of being in a climate-controlled vehicle for so long?

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Suzie stirred with a low yawn and moved to the door, but as soon as she stepped on the ground she sagged and cringed as the rural Texas heat hit her. "-urk~!" In an instant the piston of her umbrella shot open, its black screen shading from the sunlight as it beat down.

They had miles yet to go. Whatever plan was brought up in conversation...hadn't yet materialized, certainly, but she supposed that would assuredly come in time. As their driver filled up, Suzie moved to the station building, scanning the area behind her shaded lenses.

"...don't suppose there is a small shop around," she wilted.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris opens the door and heads to a restroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Once the van came to a full stop, once the first few exited, the ones most in need she assumed, Jinny stood up herself and climbed out. Though the sun beat down on her, it actually felt nice, like a day at the Jersey Shore only without a beach or ocean. Staying close to the van, she stretched her arms, back, and legs.

Walking around so as to face the road, she wondered how those in the other van were doing. Worst case, Vivian was with them and she had to know better than anyone how to get to the SIZ and what to do once they arrived. Which means that at least three of their group might make it.

Paranoia was sitting on her shoulder now, gnawing at her ear as if trying to whisper warnings of unseen danger. All Jinny could do was shake off the feeling, and hope for the best.

'Hope for the best, plan for the worst.'

Though she couldn't remember who was the one who first taught her that.
    Looking around, the Otto's certainly boasted a larger number of gas pumps that encircled the large main building like a covered wagon train of metal and concrete. From the speakers came some generic country-pop song that was as inoffensive as it was creative and strategically placed near the entrances were sandwich board signs proudly inviting the reader to "Join The Raft" for a rate-per-hour that was pretty good considering all things. Passing through the automatic doors, they would greet by the welcoming puff of air-conditioning and the array of snacks and drinks resting in display coolers designed to quickly entice visitors.

Despite how clean the store looked, the Joestar heirs would still find that they felt sticky from the heat outside as their footwear clung just a bit with each step. The people within didn't seem too bothered, mostly truckers and other workers stopping by for their lunch breaks. For those seeking the bathrooms, it wouldn't be too difficult to find due to the signage, and for truck-stop bathrooms, they weren't so bad.

If only it wasn't for the stickiness.

Van Alpha

The approach to Dallas up until this point has proven to be... isolated. Most forms of civilization they had passed through had been small towns where one could imagine supported ranchers or oil-field workers, but as they got closer and closer, with the growing abundance of trees came more and more towns. With the city on the distant horizon, the driver took an early exit. From a distance, the truck stop certainly seemed impressive; the white coat of its exterior either freshly painted or well maintained. Mounted atop a massive pole was its logo, a cartoon otter smiling cheerfully with the name Otto's beneath it.

"Y'all ever been to an Otto before?" The van driver asked, "It's kinda a Texan thing, but I hear they've opened up a few stops in Alabama and Florida. Hear some ever take trips to visit all of them."

Pulling up to a vacant gas pump, the driver shut off the engines and they were free to do what they needed from stretching their legs, getting some snacks and drinks, or using the restroom. Upon opening the doors, however, they would feel the air was hot and sticky; perhaps an effect of being in a climate-controlled vehicle for so long?
    "Can't say I've ever seen one across the pond," Suzie replied. Her shades caught the glint of the sun as she looked back and forth. The cartoon otter in the middle of the inland trees in the American South struck her as a rather discordant picture that seemed entirely out of place.

Of course, she herself was the picture of...Victorian consumption, perhaps, pallid and fading under her small piece of shade she clutched so dearly.

"But, in for a penny...may as well take a look yeah?" Her purple headband began to darken with sweat. "Um...anything I can get for you while we're about?"

Looking around, the Otto's certainly boasted a larger number of gas pumps that encircled the large main building like a covered wagon train of metal and concrete. From the speakers came some generic country-pop song that was as inoffensive as it was creative and strategically placed near the entrances were sandwich board signs proudly inviting the reader to "Join The Raft" for a rate-per-hour that was pretty good considering all things. Passing through the automatic doors, they would greet by the welcoming puff of air-conditioning and the array of snacks and drinks resting in display coolers designed to quickly entice visitors.

Despite how clean the store looked, the Joestar heirs would still find that they felt sticky from the heat outside as their footwear clung just a bit with each step. The people within didn't seem too bothered, mostly truckers and other workers stopping by for their lunch breaks. For those seeking the bathrooms, it wouldn't be too difficult to find due to the signage, and for truck-stop bathrooms, they weren't so bad.

In through the sliding door, Suzie breathed a little easier in the cool air, self-consciously dabbing her neck with a tissue when suddenly she stumbled as if the flat sole of her boot caught on something.

Looking about the people within the shop who seemed unbothered as they went about their business, she sighed, adjusted the sunglasses on her nose as she cringed with embarrassment.

"Bother, must be worse for wear than I thought..."

Folding up her umbrella, she picked up a shopping basket and perused the aisles looking for some refreshments to take on the go.

Van Alpha

"Aw man, this is foul..." Miguel gritted his teeth. He had made note of before, however used to the heat he was, without a breeze to mediate it, it threw him off far more than he'd like. "I'm gonna get some water. Maybe some ice teas, if they haven't sold out in this heat..."

Upon entering the establishment, Miguel felt immediate regret on not staying in the truck. But, he had a mission to complete,. and he wouldn't coward out now. He would push past this heavy humidity if only to purchase enough cold beverages to hydrate them on their travels. He made a beeline to the where the drinks were stored, intent on using purchasing their entire stock if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "...no more strange then thinking about how many they might have found, shown the video will to and sent on their way before us. We may be the fouth, fifth group they've sent to Salem.....unless we trip over their corpses on the way we may never know." Lucy continued sorting through her pack, but seemed to have more attention on the two despite not having eyes on them.
    "Would've heard if they sent others, I'm from Salem... youngblood. Untainted blood's hard to come by..."

"I'm hoping the expertise of a native and our individual skills will be enough...Though I've never been fully privy, I've heard of the OSS casualty reports for missions into the weald....or rather the secondhand stories."
    Vivian giggled. "That was a fun few months."

"I'm an old drinkin' buddy of his. Not important enough for the Speedwagon folk to bother me, but just enough to keep me gainfully employed," The old man said with a chuckle and a smirk, "Old Joestar used to talk about some of you, although I always found his... inclinations when it came to family a bit odd. Tried my best to talk some sense into him, but here we are," The driver shrugged.

"They didn't give me the details, just mention y'all were some VIPs. Of course, I ain't an idiot; I see some pissed off young ladies exitin' his will readin' and I put two-and-two together, ya get me?"
    "I don't recall seeing you, and I've very particular about who sees me." Vivian noted simply.

"I say we turn him into a spider."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "I don't recall seeing you, and I've very particular about who sees me." Vivian noted simply.

"I say we turn him into a spider."
    "Hey now, I was answerin' that little miss' question," The driver replied, extending his fingers up while still holding onto the wheel as a form of surrender, "If you don't want me talkin', then I'll shut up and oblige ya."

With that said, the driver did as he promised, and the rest of the drive was filled with awkward silence as they headed towards Dallas.