Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I loved this series when it came out. I so wanted it to have a conclusion.

22-1.jpg
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Representing Europe with Spain's most successful comic book export:

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Remember: Try to use fossil fuels less.

You can find a bunch of books I wrote stories for here. The weekly column is here.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Thanks for the knowledge!
    The Great American Interchange is one of the most fascinating events in the annals of paleontology for me. Here you have two continents developing their own fauna separate from each other; then they start to come into contact with limited two-way migration of animals. With the formation of the Isthmus of Panama, the migration accelerated. It was mostly a victory for the northern invaders who were more successful in colonizing the south and displacing the natives, while the few successful and surviving southern mammals like the opossum and armadillos managed to establish themselves in the north. There's a long article that goes into the waves of migration through time that was an enjoyable read for me.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I loved this series when it came out. I so wanted it to have a conclusion.

22-1.jpg
    I remember this cover mostly because it was one of the first times Greg Land's lightboxing came up in online discussion.

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Never could resist a damsel-in-distress.

My vote goes to foxley!

MRP ftw (imho)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The Great American Interchange is one of the most fascinating events in the annals of paleontology for me. Here you have two continents developing their own fauna separate from each other; then they start to come into contact with limited two-way migration of animals. With the formation of the Isthmus of Panama, the migration accelerated. It was mostly a victory for the northern invaders who were more successful in colonizing the south and displacing the natives, while the few successful and surviving southern mammals like the opossum and armadillos managed to establish themselves in the north. There's a long article that goes into the waves of migration through time that was an enjoyable read for me.
    When I was looking up the details on the US Camel Corps, it was noted that Arabian camels were one of the only animals that can eat creosote bushes, and it is thought that this is evidence of a biological relationship that was broken when the American camels became extinct in the Quaternary Extinction Event, making it an evolutionary anachronism.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Riv86672 for Groo!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Sadly, in the absence of any covers which showed camels moving as camels do, I'll give this vote to Zelena for a great Tintin cover!

Honourable mentions to Nschornhorst for novel interpretation and Kai "the spy".
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'll vote for Surf as Frank made good use of the local fauna in his war on crime! And the bush hat was a cool touch!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

There are so, so many I can pick this week that are deserving...

But I'm going to go with MRP because it looks like the camel on his cover is gasping in shock that the guy is assaulting that lady.

*GASP* "OH NO HE DIDN'T!" *spits*
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I'm going with seismic-2 for Rosa Scrooge goodness as I watch a reaction to an episode of DuckTales.