Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Congratulations, Greg Hatcher! Loved Fables!

Also, many thank yous to ed2962 and babyblob for the very nice votes and to Iron Maiden and kjn for the nods.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yep. American camels developed an ability to eat creosote bushes that they passed on to their Old World descendants; so when these were introduced into their ancestral continent they had no problem with the plant.
    We have feral camels here in Australia: descendants of the Indian and Afghan camels imported into Australia for transport and construction in the outback in the 19th C., and turned loose when mechanized transport took over in the 1920s. As part of the control program, some are now being exported to the Middle East for meat and as breeding stock for racing camels because the Australian camels are free of the diseases endemic to that area.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Time to tally the votes!

1 vote each: CaptainEurope, ChadH, foley, Iron Maiden, K7P5V, Kirby101, kjn, Ravin' Ray, Riv86672, Surf, Tami
    2 votes each: MRP, Nschornhorst
    3 votes each: icctrombone, seismic-2, Zelena

and our winner with four votes---GREG HATCHER!

As always, if anyone wants to double check my tally, feel free!
    I say it frequently, but Greg Hatcher remains very good at this game.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Congrats to Greg.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Congrats Greg Hatcher! And thanks Iron Maiden for the vote for a classic comedy duo.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I say it frequently, but Greg Hatcher remains very good at this game.
    Indeed… Congratulations to Greg Hatcher, the comic library man!

And thank you to Kjn, Rob Allen and Conn Seanery for the votes.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Ultimate Member

Congrats to Greg!

Yay, Greg Hatcher!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulations to Greg Hatcher!

And thanks for your vote, SURF

Greg Hatcher haven't been active on the forum since he posted the image. Has anyone sent a PM to him about his win?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Greg Hatcher haven't been active on the forum since he posted the image. Has anyone sent a PM to him about his win?
    I did yesterday morning. I'll PM him again.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I did yesterday morning. I'll PM him again.
    Good to know you're on top of things!
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Congratulations to Greg Hatcher for a cover which gives me vertigo because it has a camel, it sets the stage, and it has Jeff Bezos' rockets in the background. very current events.

As for the peak of the week where the captain goes on about what he has learned and this week, it's the existence and use of the camel in the western hemisphere. Seriously, there is a lot of history and science about this stuff and the horses with humps are far more complex than that.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Should there be a deadline set up or something? Or just wait it out? Maybe if there's nothing by Saturday a.m we will have to pass it on to 2nd place?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Should there be a deadline set up or something? Or just wait it out? Maybe if there's nothing by Saturday a.m we will have to pass it on to 2nd place?
    I agree, I think 48 hours after the winner is announced is a good time period.
    But we do have a 3 way tie for 2nd.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!