Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I thought last issue was good but this one bored me

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    This book reminded me that there is no way to win with Howards Gambit. In the issues where he does nothing you want him to do something. Then when he does something it doesn't feel like Gambit. It's not how his powers work. It's not how he speaks. It's not his humour. It's not his charm. And so it goes on. A editor should catch these things but 22 issues in that safety net apperently has holes into it. Or maybe it's just one big hole.

Rest of the issue was better. Tighter and more focused. Witch serves it well.
    That was a head scratcher to me it's obvious at least to me in this world gambit is able to channel kinetic energy in order to charge spells or "bring them to life" like he did with the train this issue and how he provided the energy for megan spell. What is the head scratcher though is in this very issue there is a letter that states Dani's powers were acting super strange in otherworld much like other mutant abilities have since this has started. I feel like things are only going up from gambit here, a source to power any spell potentially. That's huge in a world where magic usually require sacrifice.

As for the bullet i thought it was a magical bullet therefore gambit used energy to basically cancel out the bullet. I thought it was magic because it swirved on it's own.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Do we know why Merlyn, Roma, and Otherworlders are suddenly calling mutants "witchbreed" yet? Maybe I missed something in this series but I don't remember them ever referring to Excalibur (Rachel, Kitty, Meggan, or Kurt) mutants as witchbreed.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    This four were part of the psy team with Psylocke. They were haunted by slaymaster. Kevin and Vicky were assesinated before Captain Britain reunites with her sister and save Alison and Tom too. Tom was the boyfriend of Betsy, then all the crazy/good jim jaspers happens and Tom was killed too. Psylocke and Alison survive. Last time we saw Alison was before Mojo kidnaped Betsy.
    I always been asking what happened to Alison, she was super powerful telepath and fragile albino girl. She was the one that could see that Meggan was a metamorph.

I highly recommend that run. Alan moore + Alan davis a lot of stuff of saturnyne, Psylocke meggan…
    Some of the first and best comics I ever read!

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Do we know why Merlyn, Roma, and Otherworlders are suddenly calling mutants "witchbreed" yet? Maybe I missed something in this series but I don't remember them ever referring to Excalibur (Rachel, Kitty, Meggan, or Kurt) mutants as witchbreed.
    It's because their mutant powers act as innate magic in otherworld.

the above is an assumption on my part but i think it was mentioned in mystic as well, the name witchbreed that is.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That was a head scratcher to me it's obvious at least to me in this world gambit is able to channel kinetic energy in order to charge spells or "bring them to life" like he did with the train this issue and how he provided the energy for megan spell. What is the head scratcher though is in this very issue there is a letter that states Dani's powers were acting super strange in otherworld much like other mutant abilities have since this has started. I feel like things are only going up from gambit here, a source to power any spell potentially. That's huge in a world where magic usually require sacrifice.

As for the bullet i thought it was a magical bullet therefore gambit used energy to basically cancel out the bullet. I thought it was magic because it swirved on it's own.
    Perhaps. Someone else might give another explanation that works even better. A good part of going to forums like this. Especially since we often get caught in a certain way of viewing an event. Still we are 22 issues in and the prospect of future issues explaining or expandning powers uses like this rings hollow. I'm happy for those that enjoy this title especially now that it seems willing to really lean into it's mythos. Still accepting that one of my favorite characters are written like this is a mountain to high to scale. It just feels like such a waste.

ugh why is this title not cancelled but way of life is just a mini?? anyway #freegambit

Another issue with massive mischaracterise characters and retcons to deliver on empty promises.

Betsy still the most entitled person I've ever seen and what's most annoying, where is this all coming from? Can anyone explain it?

Merlyn back to being evil? Why did he get infected by the Fury again? Doubt it, just another case of sloppy characterisation to suit a silly plot.

Gambit! Now I'll admit, not the biggest Gambit fan not even close. But he's meant to be a thief right? Not a kleptomaniac! Oh I'll just steal from the ruler of Otherworld. Oh what fun to live in a world free from responsibility and consequence.

Pete Wisdom is a British citizen, how is he now banned from Britain? Did Tini forget what she herself wrote in the previous issue? Pete is loyal to the crown and a company man, it's the biggest stretch to now be fighting against it.

Tini is her own worst enemy, 22 issues in and I really don't have a clue what this book is about. There seems to be no real reason for this team to exist, or am I wrong?

Betsy signed them up to be liaisons to the Queen back in issue 4. Now they’re defending mutants in Otherworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Another issue with massive mischaracterise characters and retcons to deliver on empty promises.

Betsy still the most entitled person I've ever seen and what's most annoying, where is this all coming from? Can anyone explain it?

Merlyn back to being evil? Why did he get infected by the Fury again? Doubt it, just another case of sloppy characterisation to suit a silly plot.

Gambit! Now I'll admit, not the biggest Gambit fan not even close. But he's meant to be a thief right? Not a kleptomaniac! Oh I'll just steal from the ruler of Otherworld. Oh what fun to live in a world free from responsibility and consequence.

Pete Wisdom is a British citizen, how is he now banned from Britain? Did Tini forget what she herself wrote in the previous issue? Pete is loyal to the crown and a company man, it's the biggest stretch to now be fighting against it.

Tini is her own worst enemy, 22 issues in and I really don't have a clue what this book is about. There seems to be no real reason for this team to exist, or am I wrong?
    You do know the same people he worked for, Pete, sacraficed him like a lamb after being so loyal he chose his country over Krakoa. I think it's fair he is a bit upset.

As for Gambit he knew he was going into a dangerous situation, any theif worth their salt would have taken magical items from the majestrix.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Oh, since Pestilence and Famine still hold their court seats does that mean Apocalypse and Genesis are hanging out around Dryador? I miss Big A.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Oh, since Pestilence and Famine still hold their court seats does that mean Apocalypse and Genesis are hanging out around Dryador? I miss Big A.
    I had a similar thought when seeing his children. He must be lurking around waiting for the right time to scare the crap out of everyone.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You do know the same people he worked for, Pete, sacraficed him like a lamb after being so loyal he chose his country over Krakoa. I think it's fair he is a bit upset.

As for Gambit he knew he was going into a dangerous situation, any thief worth their salt would have taken magical items from the majestrix.
    Pete worked for Clan Akkaba? The Brousseau guy may have worked his way into being an ambassador through whatever contacts he has, but there has been no moves made by the government against mutants. So from what I've seen he wasn't sacrificed by his country.

Wait are you trying to justify creating an internation incident between Krakoa and Otherworld, because if something did happen I doubt Prof. X and Saturnyne would see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Pete worked for Clan Akkaba? The Brousseau guy may have worked his way into being an ambassador through whatever contacts he has, but there has been no moves made by the government against mutants. So from what I've seen he wasn't sacrificed by his country.

Wait are you trying to justify creating an internation incident between Krakoa and Otherworld, because if something did happen I doubt Prof. X and Saturnyne would see it that way.
    An ambassador doesn't work for the government? The general public are the ones taking down the gates in Britain?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    After dealing with Earth's nonsense for thousands of years I imagine he just wants to sit back and relax with his wife and children at least for a little bit.