Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

All in all, a pretty great issue. Howard continues to improve each issue and it's nice to see the team active and actually getting to work!

Pete bringing back the S.T.R.I.K.E. team was completely unexpected and a great surprise. Betsy's voice is a bit wooden at times (and I'd wish she'd stop reminding us every issue that she's Captain Britain) but Howard is bringing her out of her funk and it's good to see. I enjoy her dynamic with Saturnyne a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I'm intrigued. Im no longer picking this up. Can anyone tell me who the colorist for this issue is? Please and thank you.

Imagine if they made a STRIKE series on Disney Plus w Betsy in charge.

This review got me curious but TH has disappointed me quite a few times already.

Glad you all liked it though.
    We have Erick Arciniega as the color artist this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    I highly recommend that run. Alan moore + Alan davis a lot of stuff of saturnyne, Psylocke meggan…
    I couldn't agree more.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    CerebroCast does a great breakdown on the members of STRIKE and that data page (the short version is it's based on alchemy) on twitter here: https://twitter.com/CerebroCast/stat...58669369991168

Was there any follow up on the Rictor and Shatterstar conversation from the end of the last issue?
    I was curious about this also. I rather doubt it, given Tini's past history of letting actual character development get in the way of her BS fanciful narrative.

I think it's great to see Meggan and Wisdom removed from UK and given the chance do develop characteristically on Krakoa.

Looking forward to more of STRIKE. I guessing the other members were NOT mutants, thus not resurrected,.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    I was curious about this also. I rather doubt it, given Tini's past history of letting actual character development get in the way of her BS fanciful narrative.
    No follow-up in this issue
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No follow-up in this issue
    Shocker. Thanks for the confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    She was great with Wisdom here. I actually felt for him and his scenes were beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    What's the point of Merlin having Arthur?

Like Morgan Le Fay's entire rampage was cause Arthur was gone... and Merlin just has him in a cage for... reasons?
    Kind of ironic that Merlin has Arthur hidden but alive, considering what's been going on in the current Black Knight miniseries.

Still, this issue was probably the best since Apocalypse was in the cast. People sounded like themselves, the villains are interesting, the action is clear, and so is the team's purpose: protecting mutants in Otherworld.

Now put Shatterstar in the team and I'll stop thinking of quitting the title.

-Pav, who almost didn't buy this issue...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Why is this comic so boring.

I think Leah dropping some not so subtle hints in the last issue of X-Factor that something is not right with Shatterstar, maybe he'll show up in Trial.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Im super happy to see again this characters (psy division) specially Alison. When sword begun and was classified the telepath I hoped that it was going to be her. Well, thank you very much for this Tini!! Cannot wait to see her interacting with Betsy and Meggan!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Now put Shatterstar in the team and I'll stop thinking of quitting the title.
    I would love for Shatterstar and Rictor to be in the same book again, but I do not want Howard writing either of them.

I dropped the book last issue and I try not to comment on books I no longer read, but I just want to say that I think it would have made a lot more sense for Gambit to be the character that embraces the magic theme, his personality seems better suited to it to me and it would have given him a reason to be here. Rictor would have made more sense to me as the team skeptic who was only sticking around as a way to keep his powers in check. At any rate, it sounds like the issue was an improvement, love that for fans of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    Im super happy to see again this characters (psy division) specially Alison. When sword begun and was classified the telepath I hoped that it was going to be her. Well, thank you very much for this Tini!! Cannot wait to see her interacting with Betsy and Meggan!
    Same. It's building on Betsy's past and imo enriching the supporting cast. If Betsy ever loses the CB title I'd love to see her leading STRIKE.

He's been gone for so long. Betsy's gonna put it down on him.

Last edited by JB; 07-14-2021 at 09:49 AM.

This book reminded me that there is no way to win with Howards Gambit. In the issues where he does nothing you want him to do something. Then when he does something it doesn't feel like Gambit. It's not how his powers work. It's not how he speaks. It's not his humour. It's not his charm. And so it goes on. A editor should catch these things but 22 issues in that safety net apperently has holes into it. Or maybe it's just one big hole.

Rest of the issue was better. Tighter and more focused. Witch serves it well.

Finally a halfway decent issue! The dialogue was still extremely poor, but this issue was a vast improvement over the rest of the series up to this point. It is like Howard finally read some of those old Captain Britain stories(something I had not seen any indication of previously). I enjoyed Pete Wisdom's arc this issue and I loved the resurrection of those S.T.R.I.K.E members! I liked that it looks like we are actually going to get an explanation for why Merlyn, Roma, and Otherworld are so different now(something I didn't think was ever going to get addressed). I liked that people are finally starting to get proactive in this series. Also, it was nice to see Gambit be useful and needed for once even if none of the ways Gambit used his powers this issue made sense with how his powers worked before Howard. I still don't understand the bullet thing and the train thing was also completely unexplained. She definitely still needs to do a lot research for Gambit. Anyway, here is hoping this trend continues if this series is really going to stick around.