Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Jeez I dropped this book right after Hellfire Gala and the issue I didnt buy, now its getting good reviews and reception?!!!
    Yeas, because Gambit did something and the whole crowd cheered.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I would imagine that, snobbery at 3 out of the 8 kingdoms being run by mutants aside; the fact that the Arakii who slaughtered an entire kingdom are permitted to claim ownership of its corpse and people who object are being treated as unreasonable (this is the only point where Merton comes within a light year of a point mind you)

For gods sake Krakoans have been cracking jokes about the genocide of Dryador
    I can see that for sure. I was unclear I suppose when I used the word mutants. I can understand the natives being upset with the Arraki since they were causing all that trouble. The Krakoans I don't think have done much, I don't remember them cracking jokes about Dyador, so if you have an example I'd appreciate a scan or even just an issue number. I could see a gripe about Jaime being on the throne in Avalon but he seems to have kept to himself.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

This was a meh issue for me mostly because i don't know the relevance of this STRIKE group and this group of telepathic spies help them deal with this coven based in the UK.

My major gripe though is with Shogo, because i am being honest that when Jubilee says "My baby boy is not allowed to come to this kingdom ever!" My mind immediately goes to this:

Please! You drag him through that godforsaken portal where he turns into a giant freaking target with wings! He has been mind controlled, shot at and wounded! But this is where you draw the line!? Oh my god you are a terrible mother and should have that baby taken from you!

Ultimate Member

Basically the team was from like 30 years ago or more so unless you're a diehard Betsy fan many wouldn't have a clue who they were, I think that Shogo is whatever the writer needs him to be whenever she needs him to be...or something along those lines...

I was pleasantly surprised with this issue.

BANNED

Mutants control 3 of the kingdoms (Jaspers), but only one had all life murdered by mutants/mutant-commanded demon horde

And both the Krakoans and Arraki crack jokes about it
    Mutants control Dryador, the Crooked Market, Avalon, and M/Mercator has a kingdom. So they control 4 of the kingdoms. Plus Saturnyne who is from Earth 9 took over the omniversal guardian position.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Thank God Beast wasn't being....well, Beast.

I want to preface my complaints with saying that this is definitely one of the better issues of Excalibur. The only STRIKE I was aware of was the mobile game that's out now, so if they were supposed to be a big deal it was lost on me. Krakoa really doesn't need MORE telepaths who do nothing.

The problem for me has always been the laughable attempts at politics and relationships between nations. Pete Wisdom is still a British citizen, and there's no way what Akkaba did was sanctioned or known by the government. Bringing back a British psy-ops team would be a national security nightmare for the UK, so that's just weirdly not thought through. And there are already a ton of telepaths, Betsy included, so I'm not sure what it accomplishes. Not to mention Rictor's actual act of war last issue gets no mention anywhere.

The people of Otherworld are portrayed as jerks for having totally justifiable anger at everything mutants have been doing in the Otherworld. And Betsy continues fighting as Captain Britain against all the people she's supposed to be protecting. This series is just so weird.
    Betsy is working direct for Saturnyne. She’s not fighting everyone. She’s just not sucking up to anti mutant bigots.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Mutants control Dryador, the Crooked Market, Avalon, and M/Mercator has a kingdom. So they control 4 of the kingdoms. Plus Saturnyne who is from Earth 9 took over the omniversal guardian position.
    I'm kinda itching for a war. Would love to see Betsy and the team fighting alongside •-[A]-•'s children.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm kinda itching for a war. Would love to see Betsy and the team fighting alongside •-[A]-•'s children.
    You mean the sociopathic little social Darwinists who revel in genocide?

Mighty Member

Apocalypse' children suck though.

Like all of X of Swords just made it so that i never wanna see those kids again. Genesis can come back though.

Yeah those ones!

Yeah, I would rather Excalibur not team up or help them at all. I would actually rather have Excalibur, X-Men, and earth's non mutant heroes knock the Arrakii mutants down a few pegs after they become needlessly aggressive or start some kind of trouble(and you know they will).
    Last edited by thjan; 07-16-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the diplomat at the gala an ambassador or high ranking government official? He certainly knew about Pete being murdered.

Well the Brits did murder a citizen of Krakoa first so I'd consider that an act of war more so than moving a small piece of land.

What have the mutants been doing in Otherworld that you think justifies the natives anger? I mean they stopped the Arraki from killing everyone, I suppose you could be upset they are exploring but I don't think they are breaking any laws. Maybe in Merlyn's land they broke some rules but they were looking for a lost kid.
    They stopped the Arakki from killing everyone but they were kinda the reason the Arrakki got there to begin with…

The ambassador is the head of coven akkaba and they sacrifice people for magic reasons. The last one was one of their own people. Somehow they got a whole bunch of political power in the government and I doubt he mentioned the penchant for human sacrifice when getting job, but I suppose anything is possible… And as far as international law goes, I believe annexing part of another country is probably considered ‘worse’ than killing a random citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Basically the team was from like 30 years ago or more so unless you're a diehard Betsy fan many wouldn't have a clue who they were, I think that Shogo is whatever the writer needs him to be whenever she needs him to be...or something along those lines...
    I’d much rather existing characters return than yet even more mutants be created that will probably never get used again.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Yeah, I would rather Excalibur not team up or help them at all. I would actually rather have Excalibur, X-Men, and earth's non mutant heroes knock the Arrakii mutants down a few pegs after they become needlessly aggressive or start some kind of trouble(and you know they will).
    If Merlyn decides to rally the other kingdoms against Saturnyne because she won't disavow Betsy as CB because she's a mutant, I can absolutely see the mutant kingdoms uniting. Doesn't mean they're best friends, just defending their kind.

Merlyn is shady boots at the moment. He's over here grandstanding about how awful Jamie is yet he has the rightful king of Avalon in his basement. Shady.